• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 3,707 Views, 93 Comments

Everfree Alpha - redpyramid1



After a freak earthquake, blinding lights, and some zero gravity a young man finds himself in Equestria. however due to his shyness he has a hard time speaking to anypony. So, most think he's just some new species of animal.

  • ...
18
 93
 3,707

Chapter 9

Edit: Ryan Darling

It had been a week since Colt made it back to his home. Not much has happened since then. Colts wounds have healed quite nicely. Whatever that zebra gave him worked wonders.

‘I'll have to thank her somehow' thought Colt as he opened the door of his home.
Walking out he felt the cool morning air touch his skin. Breathing in deeply, he began his morning jog. Colt had begun to get back into shape for the last 2 days. His wounds had healed on the second day of his return. After thinking over his almost defeat he decided that he needed to get back into shape.

He’d start off with an early jog heading in a random direction from his home. This started around 5:00 A.M. and ended at roughly 6:00, weight lift for about a half hour, take a half hour break, then repeat the process on the opposite direction. Sometimes Colt thought he saw something near the edge of his home’s property, but dismissed it as just his imagination.

At 10:00 Colt would go to his safe room and take stock. He’d begun doing this on his third day back home. Taking stock of all the gear, uniforms and some weapons. Colt had been a bit surprised when he had found some… not very legal weapons in a box marked with a golden star. Deciding to go through the box later he shoved It into the corner and left it alone… for now.

Around the afternoon he would eat lunch next to the river. Taking cover from the suns rays under a tree. After lunch he spends the rest of the day exploring his new property, or taking more inventories.


First person

Bored, so very, very bored.

That’s all I could think as I stared at the small sack of ammo in front of me. I had been taking inventory for the last 2 or so hours. Looking around I could tell that it would take quite some time for me to finish this up. Sighing I look back down at the small brown bag of ammo. Untying the string I reach for whatever was inside. Taking out a shell I set it down next to the bag.

’12 gauge buckshot… maybe I’ll go shooting after this.’
Nodding at the thought I continue to line up the ammo.

“‘Buck, buck, buck, buck, buck, buck, frag-12, buck, buck, buck… What?!”

Frag-12 my dad has Frag-12 rounds? Seriously dad, you and I need to have a chat next time we see each other. Turning my head towards to the bag of ammunition I reached over and emptied the entire bag in front of me. Looking around I could see many buckshot’s, some more frag-12’s, gas rounds, some flare rounds, and dragons breath… and one that said XREP. Never heard of that one before.

I set the shells up in front of me, setting them in rows of 5. When I finished I had 20 Buckshot, 8 Frag-12 rounds, 4 Gas rounds (I’m pretty sure its tear gas… maybe)4 Flares, and 8 Dragons breath… and one white phosphorus grenade… really dad?
Looking at the small collection of ammo in front me I sighed.

‘Well… lets go pick a gun.’


After picking up my gun, a thought occurred to me.
'what happens if I get lost again. I might have to sleep outside, and what if it rains.'

After some thought, I decided on bringing my old backpack. weird looking thing. The backpack is cube-like, and has a few pouches on the outside. In the backpack I put 3 MRE's, 1 2L Bladder, and a 1L watter bottle, and a life straw. Man I love those straws. There Lightweight and compact, and allows you to drink directly from lakes, rivers, or your water bottle by simply putting the lower part of the straw in the water and sipping. BEST. STRAW. EVER.

While loading up my back pack, I began to wonder how I was going to carry all of these shells. I decided on grabbing a shotgun shell belt. An Allen Shotgun Shell Belt to be exact.

After equipping my belt, and putting 25 shells into said belt, I loaded 7 shells into my Remington M870 Shotgun, and 6 shells into the side saddle. I found this shotgun in another box that had a star on it. It’s a pretty neat gun. I remember when my old man used to take me to the shooting range. This was the first gun he made me learn how to use. Although it has been a while since I last used this gun, I'm pretty sure I can handle this.

As I began to leave I noticed 3 more shell on the table, though one caught my eye more than the others. The XREP. Picking it up, I examined it. The shell casing was clear, revealing all its little parts. There seemed to be two big yellow strips surrounding the inside of the shell, one in the front, and back. Near the front you could see four spikes just waiting to be fired out.

‘hmm… I’ll just pocket these for later.’

And now! It’s time for a walk!


It was dark, though some shards of light could be seen. A pungent stench filled the air as if the area was filled with the rotting corpses of animals and plants, mixed with the smell of the earthy soil. Droplets of water could be heard hitting the cool floor off in the distance. A lone, quadra pedal figure could be seen walking through the shards of light.

The figure stopped in front of a large mound of wood, kneeling as it did. The figure whimpered out to the mound, bowing its head afterwards. There was an eerie silence that filled the area, nothing but the pitter patter of the water droplets falling off in the distance. A deep growl, seemingly coming from all around the lone figure, soon consumed the silence. The growl was felt by all near the large mound of wood.

A bright flash of green suddenly covered the lone figure, revealing it to be a small Timberwolf. The light seemed to be coming from the mound, which was rising up from its place. The mound rose up under the light that streaked through the darkness. The ‘mound’ revealed itself to be the head of a Timberwolf. The Alpha Timberwolf.

The Alpha growled out to its subordinate, making it whimper more. The Alphas eyes narrowed before it barked out an order. The small Timberwolf nodded, then rushed away from its master. The Alpha watched the Timberwolf run out of its home before laying back down, to continue its rest.


The day was bright, and the sun shined greatly over the land. There weren’t that many clouds out this day. As usual, Fluttershy was tending to her little animal friends. What wasn’t usual was how much she was screwing every little thing she did up.

Fluttershy was not, and could not concentrate on her work. How could she, when that creature she met was still out there. She prayed to Celestia that he was ok. She could not stop thinking about Colt, wishing to see him again. If only to thank him for saving her.

Sighing she looked around the outside of her home. The animals had been fed just moments ago. It was now late in the afternoon, which was pretty late for her to finish feeding them there breakfast. Fluttershy had screwed up the feedings of almost all her animals, giving small seeds to the otters, fish to her rabbits, and apples to her fish. She didn't notice what she was doing until halfway through the wasted foods. And also the choking sound coming from some fish; she had given CPR to her first 3 fish today day.

Fluttershy was currently taking refuge from the sun under a tree. She was facing her pond/river that led into the Everfree. She was debating on going into the forest again but ultimately decided against it. After all, she wouldn't want to be attacked again. Even if there would be a small chance he might find her, she just didn't want to risk it.

“I wish you would come to me… Colt…”

Author's Note:

Done! (^_^) first off I'd like to thank all those Grammar Nazis out there helping me out on this. I really appreciate it. second, this was originally going to be longer but I've been a bit busy lately. Getting ready for college and whatnot.Third, I've had two new story ideas in my head for a couple months (Which is one of the reasons I didn't wright much for this story) and was wondering if you think i should wright them out.

One story is anthropomorphic, the other is not.

The Anthro one is mainly about the cmc, I think... I say I think because it might evolve into the mane 6 later on, or all 9 of them. who knows. anyways, super short summery ahoy// human wakes up in front of an unknown being that sends him to live on equis, where he will get to live the life he always wanted to, but never could. but do to his Fluttershyesq behavior he may just live the same life as before. well, almost same life. at least he isn't going to be forced to fight someone else's bloody battles.

the non-Anthro one is... i'll just show the summary.// Ever wish you could live in the world of my little pony? Well I did, and currently am. however everything is not exactly like the show portrays it. Its kinda hard to explain. where should I start? the beginning I guess.

well for starters from the show we all know and love, the ponies are all about friendship and stuff like that. I would've been cool with that.there all about having adventures and solving problems and stuff, I would also be cool with that. however these ponies... there just... so... weak!

I mean, they know absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing about bad things. I mean no fighting, cursing (Kinda), war, and oh man are they gullible. gullible to the point where I feel bad sometimes. and they're terrible at lies, and reading lies.

Well I always did want to live here (Willing to hear better names for this story)
//

in this story the human cant really be hurt by anything from that dimension on account of he's not from that dimension.

so tell me if you think I should start one or both of these!

If you want to try and make your own version of this story or one of these ^ message me yours. I just want to read em (^_^)