• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 3,703 Views, 93 Comments

Everfree Alpha - redpyramid1



After a freak earthquake, blinding lights, and some zero gravity a young man finds himself in Equestria. however due to his shyness he has a hard time speaking to anypony. So, most think he's just some new species of animal.

  • ...
18
 93
 3,703

Chapter 5

'Oh my god how far are we going to walk. I feel like I've been walking forever!' Thought Colt.

Colt had been fallowing the pony, which if he remembered correctly was named Fluttershy, for a while now. Fluttershy had been leading Colt to somewhere out of the forest, but it seems she accidentally led him further into the forest. Looking around Colt had started to feel as if something was watching him. Fluttershy stopped walking. Having entered a small clearing She looked left and right before sighing in defeat. Turning around, she looked at Colt.

"I'm sorry little guy, but I think I got us lost in here." Fluttershy's head drooped and her ears fell flat against her head.

Colt mearly grunted. looking around he spotted a small cave off in the distance. It appeared to be on top of a hill. Looking up Colt noticed the Sun had begun to set, and the wind started to pick up. Feeling cold Colt started walking towards the cave. Stopping only to motion Fluttershy to follow him.

"Whats that? You want me to fallow you?" asked Fluttershy.

'No I'm just waving my hand around 'cuz It's hot out here.' Colt had to stop himself from rolling his eyes.

Resuming his walk up the hill. Colt began picking up fallen branches off of the forest floor. Fluttershy just eyed him funnily. When they made it to the top Colt had a small stack of soon to be firewood under his left arm. Walking to the mouth of the cave Colt Deposited the small stack onto the dirt floor. He then began looking around the mouth of the cave for some rocks to help contain the fire. While he was doing this, Fluttershy had sat down near the wood. She felt tired, after walking for most of the day. She decided to just sit there and watch her new friend do... whatever it was doing.

Colt had gathered enough rocks to make a small fire pit. He made his way closer in to the mouth of the cave. Not too far in where the smoke would have trouble getting out, but not too far out that the wind would be a major problem. setting the rocks down onto the ground, Colt turned around to motion Fluttershy to come over. Fluttershy, although reluctantly, got up from her somewhat comfortable seat and made her way to Colt. Sitting down, she stared at the rocks her friend had gathered.

"What lovely... Rock's you have here. There um. Pretty" She said with a somewhat forced smile.

Colt moved back to the pile of wood and brought it to the pile of rocks. He then began forming the rocks into a circle. Afterwards he put some of the wood inside the circle, along with some dry leaves he found, and began making a fire. Fluttershy watched Colt's intently. He was using his hands to rub two sticks together rather quickly. At first She didn't know what he was doing, or why he was doing it. That is, until a couple sparks were seen here and there. soon those sparks turned into a small little fire, Then The creature had put that small fire in the circle. Adding more wood and dead leave's, the small fire had turned into a roaring flame. Crackling now and then.

Fluttershy looked on in awe at this new creature's ability. 'It made a fire without magic...Wow' Fluttershy craned her head to Colt's direction. seeing him stare at the fire. Colt then started to look around. As if he was looking for something. Looking at a tree He started to walk towards it.

"H-hey where are you g-going?" asked Fluttershy.

The creature ignored her, and continued his trek to the tree. stopping in front of it. Fluttershy could hear a 'zip' noise, fallowed by the sound of liquid hitting ground. Face glowing slightly red, she averted her eyes from 'Him'.
"Well at least I know that your a Colt now" She mumbled.

After finishing up his business. Colt walked back to Fluttershy. Taking a seat near the fire. He stared at it. Not much was said for a while. There wasn't much to say anyways. With the hole I'm shy, your shy thing. That kind of made it difficult to speak. For both of them.

Clearing her throat, Fluttershy began to speak.

"So... That's a nice f-fire you made."

Colt stayed silent. watching the fire.

"Umm... s-sorry for getting us l-lost."

Colt grunted in affirmative. though still watching the fire. Fluttershy was thinking of way to cheer him up. He looked awefully sad. Maybe her getting them both lost had gotten him sad. She would have to think of a way to apologize. Maybe with something sweet. Fluttershy felt bad that she might have just lost her new friend, which she made that very same day. She decided she will make it up to him. Somehow. Her thought's were interrupted by the sound of growling coming from the creature's stomach.

Looking down, the creature slowly put a hand on his stomach. He then turned his head over to Fluttershy whom was staring at him sheepishly. "I did p-promise you a- apples earlier didn't I?" He nodded.

"S-sorry, but I don't have any one me. I thought I did, but I didn't."

Colt stared at her for a little while, before sighing and turning his attention back to the fire. Tomorrow, He will have to find a way back home. Or find a way out of this forest. though he did like the scenery, He missed his home.

Colt decided to lay down on the ground, and do a little star gazing. Not long after he lied down, Fluttershy moved closer to him, and also lied down to look at the stars. There was a comfortable silence through the air. Nothing but the Crackling of the fire, and the wind dancing though the trees. It was... nice. soothing to both of them.

Colt yawned loudly. Followed by Fluttershy who yawned much softer than him. As they both started to doze of Fluttershy Asked one question before falling into a deep comforting slumber.

"What should I call you?"


Author's Note:

I would've continued but was unsure on something.

Do you guys think i should have Twilight as an alicorn, or as a unicorn. I'm just curious on your guy's thoughts and Opinions on that.

Also I about that editor, any wanna edit?