• Published 5th Jan 2013
  • 450 Views, 3 Comments

Blazing Wings - FriscoPony



Blazing Wings is the story of two pegasi whose dream has been to join the Royal Guard Air Brigade through the Air Brigade Academy for Talented Pegasi

  • ...
 3
 450

Chapter 7

“I said I was sorry!” said Winter sitting on his side of the room in the sun setting light.

Hurricane looked at Winter with a small hint of hatred and disgust. “You didn’t have to go into detail!” he exclaimed. “You embarrassed me in front of the commanders, and already threw my name in the dirt for our drill instructor!” Hurricane remembered that Stonewall came to speak to him before they headed off to the dorms after the orientation.

Stonewall was a rather masculine Pegasus. He had the appearance of big mac, minus the freckles and his hair was a light tan. He approached Hurricane, leaving Winter only to watch. “You listen here cadet,” he said looking at Hurricane dead in the eye, “You better be on you’re A+ game. This isn’t flight camp.”

Hurricane gulped and stood there waiting for the next embarrassing blow to his name.

“However,” continued Stonewall, “when I was reading your recommendation from your head coach, I have heard you are quite the flyer. I hope not to be disappointed. Am I clear?”

“Yes sir,” said Hurricane. As Stonewall slowly walked away, Hurricane could only look back at Winter. He wanted to give him a piece of his mind right then and there, but he knew it wasn’t the proper time or place, as Spitfire was watching him.

Hurricane then flew over to Winter and tackled him. “YOU embarrassed me! Don’t you get it?” he shouted.

Winter then pushed him off, and opened his wings. He was ready for a fight, but he did not move a muscle. “Didn’t you listen during orientation?” said Winter. “We’re supposed to work as a team, it’s not about by a solo pony, and we have to work together.” Tears then began rolling out of his eyes as he looked on at his best friend with anger. “Remember our promise Hurricane?” he said trying not to just open up and cry, “We promised each other at the start of Flight Camp, that we’d never quit on each other, ever…Don’t you remember?!” he screamed letting out all of his emotions.

Hurricane only stood at the edge of the room, looking at his best friend. He now felt guilty that he had caused him such agony. “Winter,” he began, “I’m sorry, I didn’t-“

“You didn’t care?” said Winter. “Oh, thanks! I never want to speak to you ever again!” He then flew out of the room into an empty room across the hall. Hurricane felt horrible, as he sat as the sunset light left the room, as night time slowly rolled in.
~~~

“Wake up cadets!” called Stonewall walking through the halls of the dorm. “Rise and Shine! Meet up at the training ground at 0700 hours!”

“Yes sir,” called the awoken ponies.

Hurricane was awoken with a start. He was dead tired, as he had not slept a wink after the fight with Winter. He’s probably already forgiven me and is sleeping in the other bed, thought Hurricane. He then got up, and trotted over to see that the bed was empty. He checked the closet as now there was only one hanging uniform with the name Hurricane patched on it. Once he got dressed, he walked out of his room and looked under the room number to see his name only. He looked across the hall and under that number read Winter Chaser. He really did it, Hurricane thought to himself. I guess this is the end.

He trotted down to the mess hall to grab a light breakfast, knowing that training was going to be brutal. When he arrived in the mess hall, he spotted Winter sitting by himself at a table. Hurricane grabbed his breakfast, and quickly trotted over to Winter’s table. When he sat down, Winter merely closed his eyes and continued on his bagel and was to move onto the hash hay browns.

“Hey Winter,” said Hurricane trying to smile.

Winter only looked emotionless. “Oh, hello Hurricane,” he said disgusted.

Hurricane persisted at trying to start a conversation. “So how did you sleep?”

“Fine.”

Hurricane was now beginning to doubt his chances. “So, are you looking forward to our first training session?”

Winter stopped eating and looked at Hurricane. “Our?” he said disgusted. “I thought you were flying solo and that you didn’t need me.”

Hurricane then was upset. “Look, I know a lot of things were said last night and-“

“And what?” said Winter disgusted. “I thought you wanted to be alone so you couldn’t get embarrassed. If you want to work with somepony, that’s fine. Just don’t expect it to be me. Bye.” Winter then got up from the table and trotted out towards the training grounds leaving hurricane staring at his hash hay browns. “Great,” he said to himself, “just how I wanted things to go.”

“What do you mean?” said a blue mare with ice white and grey hair walking to sit with Hurricane.

“Wait did you hear all of that?” asked Hurricane wondering how long the mare had been close by.

The mare smiled understandingly. “I heard all of it,” she said. “I’m sorry you had to lose your best friend like that.”

Hurricane merely looked down at his Hash Hay Browns. “I’ll find a way to get over it,” he said looking emotionless. He then raised his head to look at the mysterious mare. “Who are you anyway?”

“My name is Comet Star,” she said. “I’m from Fillydelphia, and it just so happens we’re under Drill Sergeant Stonewall together,” she smiled.

Hurricane smiled. “That’s cool, I’m Hurricane, I’m from Cloudsdale and my dad is a royal guard officer.”

Comet beamed. “Your dad is one too?” she said curiously. “What’s his name? He might know my dad!”

Hurricane cringed at the thought of his dad’s name, “His name is storm sky,” he said cringing.

Comet looked at Hurricane confused. “My dad knows him, and according to him he is a great leader, you must not like him so much.”

“Well,” hurricane began, but then he looked at the clock noticing it was 6:50. “Holy Celestia, we’re going to be late! Come on let’s go!”

“After you then,” she said. The two then dashed toward the training grounds for the first training session.