• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 387 Views, 3 Comments

The Mystery of Breakwater Island - Plumage



Two ponies are sent to an island where they are forced to work in a mine and a peanut plantation.

  • ...
 3
 387

~A Shot of Tequila.

The Mystery of Breakwater Island
Chapter Five: A Shot of Tequila
Told from the memories of Chentella Amigo Sombrero
Written by Decembuary

* * *

Being shot hurts. It's an experience I wouldn't recommend.
Ribbon sneaks through to my bedside. She does it strangely, like she's trying to avoid the curtains.
"How are you?" She asks once she's through the gap.
"Ugh...awful," I reply. I shift to give her room on the bed and a jolt of pain shoots through my body.
Ribbon looks down at the bandage. It's made from the same stuff as our bedding. It's itchy as anything. It's a greyish green, probably made from the inside of a sack. Blood is seeping through the top layer. It looks horrible and unwashed compared to the sterile white room.
"I don't think I'll be up to escaping anytime soon," I say.
"Well, at least you can still fly," Ribbon sympathizes.
"Yeah."
We hear hoofsteps outside and Ribbon sneaks quickly back to her own bed.
"Well, well, well." It's Miss Rarity. "You two tried to escape didn't you? Oh, that's not good."
She sounds like she's talking to a puppy.
"The ribbons didn't work. That means I'm going to have to use this."
The unicorn picks up a long and vicious-looking syringe with a clear fluid in it.
She walks up to Ribbon and injects half the formula into her arm. Ribbon struggles, but she's asleep in seconds.
She walks over to me. I try to move away but every time I move my leg is sending stabbing pains up my body.
I feel a small prick and darkness clouds my vision.