• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 386 Views, 3 Comments

The Mystery of Breakwater Island - Plumage



Two ponies are sent to an island where they are forced to work in a mine and a peanut plantation.

  • ...
 3
 386

~With the Shake of a Maraca.

The Mystery of Breakwater Island
Chapter Three: With the Shake of a Maraca
Told from the memories of Chentella Amigo Sombrero
Written by Decembuary

* * *

And then I'm back in the pretty pony's room. I knew there was something I was forgetting.
"Ugh," Ribbon says, not bothering to open her eyes or even finish the sentence.
"Yep! I thought I'd warn you that we're probably going to be at the island in four hours, thirty-four minutes and twenty-two seconds. Actually it's probably thirty-three minutes now. Bye!"
I leave the room. Ribbon probably didn't pay any attention to what I was saying.
Great. Since my neighbour obviously wanted to sleep, I'm stuck with nothing to do for four and a half hours. I didn't have another roommate - 140 was the end of the line.
With nothing better to do, I head back over to my room for a one-pony siesta.

*

I wake up a while later, without even realizing I had apparently fallen asleep. It's a few minutes after twelve. We should be nearing our destination. I get out of my incredibly comfy bed and look out the window.
What I see is quite a surprise.
The coast of Marexico.
I run into room 139 to see if Ribbon can see what I'm seeing.
She isn't awake. She would be soon.
"Wake UP!" I yell.
"What now?" The annoyed and half asleep unicorn growls.
"We're nearly there. Well, we should be anyway. Did you know the resort is near Marexico?"
"But Marexico is gryphon territory," Ribbon mumbles.
"Incorrect, seƱorita. Gryphon territory is above Marehico."
The boat stops. "We must be at the resort!" I say. "Let's go!"
I run out to the boat's exit, then impatiently wait in line to get off. An extremely bad-tempered Ribbon is behind me.

*

Breakwater Island is the opposite of what the expect a topical resort to be. There's a fancy mansion where we get of but apparently we aren't allowed inthere. Miss Rarity leads us to a ratty tin building. "This is where you will all stay," she says.
The stallion next to me calls out, "Is this a joke?"
"Oh, I can assure you this isn't a joke. Go on in,"
We all hesitantly go inside.
Inside the building is just as disgusting as the outside. It smells like somepony's peed in here, there's cigarette butts and other rubbish all over the floor and we don't even get beds. Instead there are piles of old blankets with numbers beside them. I flop down on the one on the end with 140 written on it. It feels like I'm lying on a particularly prickly curtain.
"This is either a really cruel joke," Ribbon says, pushing away the blanket with a disgusted look on her face, "or we've all been tricked into coming here by that stupid unicorn."
She looks at the ground and bites her lip. She puts the blanket back after a thorough search for any other nasty surprises.
"Let's hope it's all a joke." I reply.