• Published 2nd Jan 2013
  • 8,110 Views, 159 Comments

Halo 4: Forward unto Equestria - Rainbow Dash



When Cortana and the master chief discover they are around a forerunner planet they are violently pulled into the giant metal planet. But what happens when the inner planet is Equestria?

  • ...
22
 159
 8,110

Chapter 3: The beginning of Twilight's great journey

Author's Note:

EDIT: I'm putting this here to let you know that this chapter is garbage, the next chapters however are not. so if you want the short version of this chapter here you go: Twilight looks for a book regarding the Forbidden valley*, she finds said book, says goodbye to her friends, and proceeds to venture towards said forbidden valley* on her own. The end. Trust me I just saved you from bad writing.

*The Forbidden Valley was discovered in the very early stages of Equestria's founding even before the Princess's arrival. There were tales of massive structures that could be seen all the way from current day Canterlot. After many terrible accidents in that region had occurred, that area of Equestria became known as the forbidden valley to persuade ponies not to venture there.

UNEDITED: Alright lets cut to the chase
midterms
midterms
lazyness
writer's block
Spectaular Spiderman show
potatoes

These are my reasons for not getting this to you sooner. especially that last one. anyways the next chapter will contain moar chief and Cortana. Also that part with rainbow dash being a major, I know its pretty weak and flat (my editor said so himself) But i'm just starting to understand how to write better so I'm sorry for that, but hey at least im getting better right?

Chapter 3
Revelations
Location: The mare cave

It had only been a few hours since Twilight saw the strange structures fall from outer space and she was currently in a frenzy...

"No, no, no, no, no!" Twilight fumed as she desperately searched for the last book she needed.

The frenzied librarian was currently in her basement where she kept the most useful and most dangerous books hidden away from the public. A lot of the books down there were about high level destruction spells and guides to certain parts of Equestria. She was currently looking for one about the Forbidden Valley. The Forbidden Valley was discovered in the very early stages of Equestria's founding even before the Princess's arrival. There were tales of massive structures that could be seen all the way from current day Canterlot. But of course they were just tales, legends, and myths... right?

Twilight looked high and she looked low but she couldn't find the guide anywhere. She sighed in defeat but stopped her mopping as her number one assistant walked through the door.

Spike whistled at how messy her basement had become. "Nice Twi, don't expect me to clean all this up now though."

Twilight once again sighed, "I wasn't planning on it... How did your date go?"

Spike smiled the biggest smile she had ever seen. "I'm guessing you had the time of your life?" she asked him.

Spike nodded before he let out a yawn."It's late Twilight you should get some rest-" Spike stopped mid speech as he hit his foot on a certain guide.

"A guide on the Forbidden valley." He read aloud which in turn caused his mother to yell.

"WHAT!?"

Twilight instantly teleported in front of Spike and magically brought the guide up to her face. After she confirmed what Spike said was true she slowly lowered the book down from here face.

"You mean to tell me... THIS GUIDE has been sitting here for the past two hours since I started searching...?" Twilight slowly asked aloud.

Spike, seeing Twilight's mane and tail starting to smoke and not to mention her twitching right eye, quickly grabbed his old safety gear which was two pillows and a hoofball helmet... he was doomed.

"THIS GUIDE WAS HERE ALL ALONG?!?!?" She screamed

"Um... yes?" Spike barely managed.

Twilight then burst into a giant ball of fury and screamed a scream which managed to lift the library of the ground...

____________________

THE NEXT DAY...

Twilight, having had a very rough night last night (not that way you pervs), was finally ready to start her journey. She had done everything she needed to do. On her back were her lovely light lavender saddlebags that were currently filled with food, courtesy of the Apple family, destruction spells, a map and compass, and finally she had a guide to the Forbidden valley right in front of her as she got near the edge of Ponyville with her friends right behind her to wish her luck. Much to Twilight's disappointment, Rarity and Fluttershy couldn't see her off as they were both extremely busy.

"Twilight, are ya'll sure yer gonna be ok?" Applejack asked her librarian gal pal.

Twilight sighed and turned to her apple bucking friend. "Don't worry Applejack, I'll be fine, Pinkie promise."

Suddenly, Pinkie Pie dropped from the sky right in front of Twilight. "You have to do the motions!"

Twilight, first shocked then relieved, rolled her eyes. "Pinkie Pi-"

"DO IT!" Pinkie yelled, looking ready to kill.

Twilight, once again rolled her eyes and did the motions perfectly... well almost perfect.

"Agh! every time with the eye!" Twilight complained as she held her left eye shut tight. After a moment her friends laughed as did she, Twilight was never able to truly master the Pinkie promise.

Pinkie Pie smiled and bounced backwards to the back of the group. Finally The group of friends had made it to the beginning of Twilight's journey to the forbidden valley and the journey began at the Everfree Forest.

The guide told Twilight that the path to the forbidden valley was UNFORTUNATELY carved through this terrible forest. The group froze for a moment, remembering all the terrible things they had experienced during their adventures years ago.

"Twilight, are you sure you don't need me to go with you at least?" Rainbow dash asked as she descended to the ground in her royal guard armor.

"But Dash, your a major in the royal guard. Don't you have duties to attend?" Twilight pointed out to her friend.

Rainbow stepped forward . "Screw the duties, your my best friend and if anything happened to you I would never forgive myself."

Rainbow Dash had long ago given up on being a Wonderbolt when she was saved by shining armor and many other active guard members from a Manticore. The reports said that the Manticore had flown after Rainbow Dash and struck her down but not before she roughed him up a bit, that thing lost it's eye! Twilight's brother and his squad had been on a routine scouting mission and saw most of the fight, most of the guards wouldn't go into detail about how the manticore lost it's eye. Rainbow Dash thanked Shining Armor after the incident and asked if she could join the royal guard to help protect others and now here she was a few years later, Rainbow Dash a major in the royal guard, clad in full suit of armor asking to go on another adventure. Twilight smiled at that, She truly did show how much her friends meant to her and proved time and time again why she was the element of loyalty.

"Rainbow Dash, thank you for the offer, but I'd rather do this on my own." Twilight then turned as Rainbow Dash saluted her and started walking into the forest as her friends goodbyes could be heard. Twilight was feeling confident as she magically pulled out the guide and a map, showing her the way. Little did she know that as soon she put her hoof inside that forest she had begun an epic journey that would forever change her both in mind and body...