• Published 2nd Jan 2013
  • 8,109 Views, 159 Comments

Halo 4: Forward unto Equestria - Rainbow Dash



When Cortana and the master chief discover they are around a forerunner planet they are violently pulled into the giant metal planet. But what happens when the inner planet is Equestria?

  • ...
22
 159
 8,109

Chapter 2: Abandon ship

Chapter 2
Abandon ship
Location: Forward unto Dawn
View point: Third person, Master Chief

"That's all of them, Chief," Cortana confirmed as he finished off an Elite. Only minutes ago had they learned that an entire Covenant fleet was sitting right outside their door. After a small fight with the Covenant, Cortana ran a scan on one of the cruisers and found that its shields were down and vulnerable to an attack. Their only plan of engagement now was to launch one of the missiles that were on the Dawn right at it.

"Are we nearing the missiles?" He asked her as he entered an airlock.

"Yes. The auxiliary launch station should be to your left out off the airlocks," She replied.

"You'll have to prime the launch for ignition," Cortana continued but this time she sounded distorted which worried the Chief.

"Cortana?" The Chief asked his companion, hoping she was alright.

What she said next comforted the Chief very little, "It's nothing. Just get to the launch station."

He would have argued with her had there not been a Covenant fleet right outside. The airlock began to hiss signaling the pressure change as it did so Master Chief checked his ammunition. He had a couple mags left for his Assault rifle and had three shots left in a Concussion rifle. A rather loud hiss filled the airlock this time and the door leading out onto the wrecked ship opened. As the Chief stepped outside he noticed two things, the first being there was a Battle rifle with a few mags floating in front of him and second, the Dawn was orbiting around a giant metal planet.

"Uh- I'm sorry, did I miss orbiting a Forerunner planet at some point?" Cortana Asked the Chief as he threw the useless concussion rifle into space.

"One thing at a time," He told her, snatching the Battle rifle and the magazines. Suddenly out of nowhere, two phantoms approached their position and began to offload troops. The Chief mentally cursed at himself for not seeing the phantoms sooner. He took cover behind a nearby wall and scoped out the area in just a few seconds. There were a good amount of Grunts but very few Jackals and Elites. It was going to be a walk in the park for him to reach that launch station.

The Chief, set with his battle plan, leapt from cover and charged the grunts below him. Five quick pulls from the trigger of his Battle rifle was all it took to kill them. The Chief landed on top of a floating Grunt corpse and turned to his left. He aimed the Battle rifle's sights on a Jackal sniper and pulled the trigger causing the Jackal's head to explode in a fine blue mist.

"Marking the last few Covenant for you, Chief." Cortana told him as he reloaded his empty BR. A multitude of blue diamonds appeared beyond the wall the Chief was currently behind. He did a quick head count to find only four Covenant remained. The Chief now set with a new game plan leapt from cover once again, Assault rifle now drawn, and charged the last few bad guys on the current level. The first to fall was a simple Jackal infantry unit, The Elite next to his now dead ally and let out a ferocious battle cry. The Chief took this opportunity and unloaded the last of his magazine into the Elite, taking down it's shields. Not wanting to waste ammo, Master Chief charged at the elite with a knife drawn. The Elite attempted to reach for his plasma grenade but was stopped as the Chief jumped on the Elite's chest and stabbed him in the skull.

"Two down, two to go." He thought to himself as he pushed off the dead Elite and moved forward. The Chief made his way up the ramp towards the launch station as he did so a scared Grunt had bumped into him which resulted in the Chief simply snapping its neck, The Chief then turned and started up the second ramp with a fully loaded Assault rifle when another Elite roared his hatred for the demon. Master Chief wasted no time and pulled down the trigger, unloading the entire magazine into his current foe. The Elite fell onto the floor as a *click* sound came from the Chief's AR. He quickly reloaded and checked his radar to see if he had missed any Covenant foe. After five seconds he was satisfied and ran up towards the console. It took him less than a second to find the launch button since it was lit up on one of the screens. He gave the button a simple tap and turned his attention towards the ground level.

"Launch initiated." Cortana said rather loudly as the missile emerged from the Dawn. Everything seemed like it was going to be fine until Chief noticed a yellow flash emitted from somewhere beside the missile.

"Great. The blast door's jammed. The missile won't fire until it's cleared." She explained to the Chief as two more Phantoms appeared.

"Get down there!" She ordered him. The Chief nodded and began to sprint down the ramp but stopped as he spied a Covenant weapon rack filled with Carbine rifles. He approached the weapons rack and tossed aside his Battle rifle whilst picking up a Carbine. With his new weapon equipped at the ready, Chief sprinted down to the ground level and began to slaughter the Covenant who had been sent to stop him. Grunt after Jackal after Elite fell before him as he made his way towards the source of the jam. Finally after a mere two minutes of fighting the Chief had reached the jam. He set down his Carbine and rammed his shoulder into the block like mechanism which caused it to only move a few feet. The Chief looked up and saw that the cruiser was charging its main weapon. The Chief then quickly kicked the mechanism back to where it should have been. As he did so two mechanical arms went down towards the missile and green smoke rose from the missile chamber.

"You did it! Get back!" She told him as the missile launched up and at itss target. It was going to be close, the cruiser was almost above them and ready to fire. Thankfully the missile impacted against the Covenant cruiser and blew it into pieces.

"That was too close for comfort." Chief thought to himself as he moved into the open and began to examine the Forerunner planet. Suddenly an orange pulse emitted from a small hole on the planet and sent a beam aimed straight at the Chief. The Chief tensed his muscles as the beam connected with him but found that unnecessary as it just seemed to scan his entire body.

"Chief..." Cortana said slowly.

"The Covenant weren't the ones scanning us." He confirmed, as he finished his sentence the beam retracted and the planet actually began to open itself up and pull everything inside.

"So NOW can we worry about the giant metal planet?" She asked him. All the Chief could do was nod slightly and began to back away from the edge of the ship.

"It's using a gravity well to pull us inside the surface! We've got to hurry; the second we cross the dome's event horizon, its atmosphere will tear us apart," She told the Chief as he dodged an incoming Covenant barrier.

"Where are the closest escape pods?" He asked her calmly.

"Aft vehicle bay! I'm tagging the closest airlock, go!" A marker popped up on an open hatch not to far from the Chief he sprinted into it and waited for it to re pressurize.

"Hull integrity at thirty percent." A female voice sounded throughout the Dawn. Master Chief ignored it as the door leading to his objective opened. As soon as he sprinted out the door a section of the roof collapsed and blocked off a hallway. Chief turned away from the wrecked roof and sprinted down the next hallway which fell a little due to the added weight. The Chief rounded a corner and spotted a small group of Grunts who were crushed as the ceiling caved in again. He now had the option to go down or across the top. He made his choice as he jumped down and sprinted forward.

"All but one of the grav generators just went dark!" Cortana informed the Chief.

"Just keep me pointed towards that vehicle bay." He calmly replied as he turned around another corner. The Master Chief sprinted through all the destruction and scared Grunts with ease. Soon he reached a rather large hole in the floor which he simply leapt over with his powerful legs. As he came to the end of the hallway an Elite limped into view, trying to escape a fiery death. The Chief simply ignored him and ran past two more Grunts before He rounded the last corner which led to the vehicle bay. But as he neared the doors one of them was sucked right out into space.

"John!" Cortana cried out as the Chief grabbed a hold of the other door. The Chief watched his only chance of escape be torn away as half of the wall, filled with escape pods, was ripped from the Dawn He turned his attention back to the door and tried to hold on but fate just wasn't going to let that happen. His grip on the door failed as he was ripped away from it. He spun around and quickly latched onto a railing that was barely holding onto the Dawn as it was.

"Hold on!" Cortana cried again. Her cries were in vain as the railing came loose and the Chief was sucked right out of the Dawn. As soon as he was away from the Dawn a large piece of it came into view and he was heading straight for it. The Chief was able to avoid impaling himself upon any loose metal but he was dragged against the inside of the wreckage causing his shields to deplete.

"We're caught in the gravity well!" Cortana told him which explained why they were rapidly approaching the planet.

"Can you track the escape pods?" He asked her as he dodged a piece of wreckage.

"Negative! Look out!" She warned him as a piece of a Covenant cruiser came into his path. The Chief aimed himself through a opening in the cruiser, an explosion emitted from the opening obscuring his visibility of the other side. He plowed right through the opening and had just enough time to bring up his hands as a small piece of the Dawn collided with him causing him to become unconscious as both he and Cortana entered the atmosphere...

________________________________________________________________________________

Location: Ponyville, Library
View point: Third person, Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle sighed with content upon her balcony, once again Princess Luna's starfall had been beautiful. The way that mare manipulated the night was amazing. Twilight turned her attention to the all the notes she had taken during the event and giggled. She had used up most of the paper in less than two hours. Twilight levitated all of her notes back into the library and was about to pack up her setup when she saw something twinkle in the distance. Normally she would have payed no attention to it but this twinkle was followed by more twinkles and they seemed to be falling towards the ground. Twilight quickly pressed one of her eyes against the telescope to see what those twinkles actually were. She adjusted all the knobs on her telescope in an attempt to see more clearly and what she saw next made her mind almost shut down. In the distance, far away from Ponyville or the Ever Free Forrest, were what appeared to be... Structures of some kind and they were falling towards the Forbidden valley. The Forbidden valley was called a place of mystery and a place of death, Any pony who dared entered never came back out. Twilight had never ever had the guts to go there... never say never.

Halo 4: Forward unto Equestria

Author's Note: