• Published 31st Dec 2012
  • 1,427 Views, 39 Comments

The Apples of Ponyville - primeoetgrunn



Applebloom finds a strange orange artifact, buried underneath the barn.

  • ...
1
 39
 1,427

Flower from the other side

The morning after the test drive, Big Mac pulled the car back to the barn it came from. When he came to the entrance, he saw a mare inside, not just a mare, the prettiest mare he had seen in his whole life.
Her wavy mane and tail were dark brown and her coat was a hot pink color. Her eyes were brown and she had the proportions of a model, if not for her slightly muscular build.
It seemed she was looking for something.

"Uhm... Howdy!" Big Mac said from the entrance, the General still connected to his yoke.

The mare took notice of the large stallion in the front of the barn.

"Hi there." she said. When she noticed the ropes around Mac's yoke, she got curious.

"What are ya'll lookin' for?" Mac asked.

"I'm lookin' for a car my cousins left." she answered. "And by lookin' at the hole, someone found her. Tell me, what are ya pullin'?"

"That be none of your business. 'Sides, Ah don't even know you. Name's Macintosh Apple, but friends an' family call me Big Mac."

"I'm Daisy." the mare said. "And now ya'll are gonna show me what yer pullin'." She walked over to Big Mac.

"Enope!" the stallion tried to block her sight, but he was already too late.

When Daisy saw the car Mac was pulling, she couldn't believe her eyes.
The entire car looked just like it had driven through the gravel roads of Hazzard for the first time.

"Ah would have thought she would be worse for wear after all this time."

She grabbed the door handle on the drivers side and pulled it.

"Still don't open, eh?" Daisy asked the car right before she climbed behind the steering wheel.

"Hey, what do ya'll think yer doin'?" Big mac shouted at Daisy.

"Ahm gonna drive the General home." the engine started to rumble.

"Eeeenope!" Mac got to the side of the car and pulled Daisy out. "This is Apple family property. If ya knew that, ya'll wouldn't try to even steal this. An' don't even pretend it is yours, cuz' mah lil' sister dug it up from the ground."

"Mac, what is goin' on 'round there?" Applejack shouted from the farmhouse.

"This mare tried ta steal the General!" Mac shouted back.

"Lemme jus' get over there!" Applejack galloped to her big brother, only to find he was holding a pretty mare pinned on the ground.

"Who the hay are you?" Applejack asked Daisy.

"I am Daisy Duke and I am keepin' you outta trouble!" Daisy struggled to get free, but it didn't matter, Mac was just too strong and heavy.

"Did you say 'Duke'?" Applejack suddenly realized something.

"Yeah."

"Mac, let her go. This is no way to treat your ancestors." the orange mare commanded her brother.

"Sorry 'bout mah brother, he's a bit on the rough side, but is also really nice once you get ta know him." Applejack helped Daisy back up.

"No problem, really, Ah would be angry too if someone tried ta steal the General Lee." Daisy brushed the dirt off her coat. "But how did ya know Ah was your ancestor?"

"Princess Luna told me about the Duke family and them being related to the Apples." Applejack explained.

" 'Sides, yer cousins Bo n' Luke stopped by ta give me these." Applejack got the keys out of the car.

"Well, Ahm awfully sorry, but I have to get the car to Heaven, gotta deliver the moonshine."

"The moonshine could form a problem." Applejack said. "The princesses took all of it back to Canterlot."