• Published 15th Jan 2013
  • 406 Views, 7 Comments

Mistakes Last Forever.... - goldennightmare



A unicorn new to Ponyville has the adventure of her life, through love, heartbreak, and the unexpected....All while trying to juggle her own chaotic life.

  • ...
1
 7
 406

Motherhood?

Autumn Darling sat in the hospital chairs, right in between her parents, as the two fought. Her mother was a yellow unicorn, with medium blue eyes and a brown mane in an up-style bun. Her father, on the other hand, was a well-built earth pony, with a rusty-red mane and a blue coat and eyes. Neither of them had any apparent similarities, other than that they were married, had a child, and worked in the same business. Autumn watched as doctors and patients zoomed by in a dizzy speed.

"Autumn, I'm sure it's nothing," Her mother reassured her. "If anything, I'd say that it's the flu."

"I reckon, I say, that's you mother, here, is right." Her father replied. Autumn sighed at the idea. She knew what it probably was, correct as Pinkie had guessed. Quickly, Nurse Redheart and Doctor Stable walked over to the three in the sitting room. Many emotions flooded Autumn's mind and thoughts. Was Pinkie, the bubbly party-pony, right, or her mother, the vain, self-righteous pony who could care less about anyone else? For once, let my mother be right. She wished.

"Autumn Darling?" The nurse asked. Gingerly, she stood up, waiting for a diagnosis that was the opposite of what she had wanted. "Congratulations!" Nurse Redheart exclaimed.

Autumn and her parents exchanged confused looks. "Why are you congratulating her? What's wrong with-" Dainty Twig started, for once standing up for someone other than herself.

"You're expecting a foal! At least one, for now," Doctor smiled. "From the look of it, you're about 4 months along, and you've just barely started showing. Any questions?"

"Uh.....well...." Autumn stammered.

"No," Dainty Twig's eyes narrowed as she gave her daughter a daunting stare. "None at all, thank you."

"Okay, come back in about.....a month, and we'll see how well it's going."

Autumn turned around to see the scorn stares of her parents. "Darling, dear, I believe we need to talk."


The small group sat down in Sugarcube Corner, enjoying some sweets and sharing their thoughts of the news.

Autumn ate slowly, cautiously looking at her parents, who paid no attention to her, conversing to themselves. She scouted for Pinkie, or any other mare or stallion who could possibly be listening in. She slowly considered how much her parents had changed in the past months. Her mother had dived right into their nature and fashion, showing no care for anyone other than herself, wearing clothes that looked downright outlandish. Her father, though, had become more outspoken, nonetheless a harder worker. "Darling," Dainty recognized her daughter's being. "we have decided that it would be best if you came back to Canterlot."

"What? I am never-"

"I don't want to see my one and only daughter become something like the common whorse-"

"Mother!"

"Well, Darling, you haven't written, you've never said who the father was."

Autumn desperately looked at her father for an answer. "Dainty," He started. "I say, that MAYBE, just maybe, little Darling her has found, really FOUND a stallion."

"Branch, don't be silly. Even if she did, I doubt that it's that serious, and that the both of them together would never be able to support a foal or two, and he might even walk out at the news! Autumn doesn't even make enough to support herself, dear."

Autumn gained a bitter attitude and mouth. "How would you even know? Yes, there was one stallion, once. I've made plenty of bits to have a proper life for myself, and this.....this...thing! I'm staying here, so buck off!" She stood up as her mother held her head high. "And I suggest getting a hotel room and leaving tomorrow, because this trip has officially been bucked up." Autumn left out in a storm, not caring what she'd just done, or what she had left behind.


"And just who is the father?" Rarity asked.

"Just a stallion from Canterlot," Autumn retorted quickly. "No one any of you would know."

"Right," She seemed unconvinced. " I was only asking, because it seems a little unladylike and unrefined, darling."

Unrefined? Unladylike? "I didn't mean for this to happen, it's just that-"

"Just that what?" Rainbow asked. "The simplest way to put it is that you had a one-night stand with a Canterlot stallion, and now you're having his foal."

The others nodded in agreement. Autumn turned her eyes to Pinkie, whose ears and feet were jittery and twitching violently. The pink mare opened her mouth in a way as if she were about to reveal information. "Ithinkit'stimetogonow, RIGHT AUTUMN DARLING?" She shoved a hoof towards the window, to which showed the sky being covered in a dark blanket of stars.

"Oh, right." After many goodbyes, she followed Pinkie out. The way down the many corners and streets was silent, until everypony had emptied the streets.

"I just haaave to tell them, Autumn!"

"Pinkie, you can't! You Pinkie Promised-"

"Ha! Never recited the words!" She flew down the street, faster than Autumn could run.

"Pinkie!" She shouted, knowing it wouldn't do any good. Reluctantly, she slugged down the road, entered her house, and slumped herself on the couch. What could she do? There was no possible way to stop or control Pinkie, or even to contain that one and only secret. She walked over to the mirror in the bathroom, and examined herself. I really am showing, She thought. Did she regret this, would she regret this? She didn't want to, but things weren't looking up. She'd finished off the string she held onto with her parents, and now her only friends would know about the foal she was about to have.

How worse could this get?