• Published 15th Jan 2013
  • 405 Views, 7 Comments

Mistakes Last Forever.... - goldennightmare



A unicorn new to Ponyville has the adventure of her life, through love, heartbreak, and the unexpected....All while trying to juggle her own chaotic life.

  • ...
1
 7
 405

Welcome, Welcome

Autumn Darling multitasked pushing and levitating boxes into her new home in Ponyville. The size seemed as little as a downgrade from her older home, though the change was for the better. I like change, she thought to herself. Change is....fun. The only upcoming problem was meeting other ponies. She was a complete stranger to the place, making an unexpected move from Canterlot. I moved for the better. Canterlot wasn't for me..... Autumn Darling eagerly continued, hoping that her fresh start would work as planned. She'd making some friends, find a special somepony, and live a happy life. Maybe? The future couldn't be told, unfortunately.

"Ohmygoshareyounewbecuaseifyouareiamthrowingyoua PARTY!" A burst of confetti flew out from behind her. Autumn turned to find a bright, pink pony with curly hair.

"A party?" Decent way to make friends....

"Yes! You are new, right?"

"Of course I am," She replied cautiously. "Who are you, though?"

"The name's Pinkie Pie! I work at Sugarcube Corner, right down the road!"

"Okay.....Hi? I'm Autumn Darling?"

"Awesome! I know everypony, and everypony is my friend! You should come by...Oh! You should totally meet my other friends, too."

"Who are they?" The mare asked curiously. If they were anything like Pinkie, she probably couldn't handle it.

"Why tell you when I can show you? Come on!" Pinkie bounced ahead, Autumn Darling slowly trotting behind.


After walking down a dirt road, for what seemed like hours, a red barn popped up in the distance.

"Pinkie....Where are we?" Autumn Darling questioned, out of breath.

"Sweet Apple Acres, silly! We're all meeting here, to help out Applejack!"

"Applejack?"

Pinkie stop bouncing, and quit her bubbly behavior. With a serious tone, she replied. "It's Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, me, and now you. Applejack lives here with her Granny Smith, sister Apple Bloom, and her brother Big Mcintosh. Get it?"

"Yep. Yep, sure do." Autumn replied nervously.

"Good!" Pinkie continued bouncing down the path.

The smell of apples probably couldn't have been more overwhelming, but for some reason, it was refreshing. Lines and lines of apple trees could be seen in the distance, and barrels of apples sat in all places and directions. A group of ponies were huddled outside the barn, in what seemed like an important conversation.

"......And that's how y'all help get those apples!" The only one with a hat spoke.

"Hi guys!" Pinkie walked right in."Guess who I brought with me?"

"A pony new to Ponyville?" One looked up. "She looks absolutely darling!"

"That's funny. Her name is something Darling...." Pinkie was lost in deep thought.

"It's Autumn Darling-"

"Autumn Darling! That's her name!" Pinkie shouted. "I'll introduce them to you. Autumn, this is Applejack, Rainbow Dash......" She listed and pointed to each one. Turns out Applejack had the hat, and Rarity was the first to notice my presence. They'd been creating a plan to effectively collect the apples, just before cider season. Autumn Darling was glad to help, but wasn't willing to intrude. It was obvious they were a tight-knit group, and she highly doubted they needed another in.

"Ah know! Autumn Darlin', are y'all willing to help collect some apples?" Applejack asked.

"Oh....sure?" Hopefully I'd get done in time to unpack.

"Great! Let''s get started."

The amount of apples one can carry in one basket is tremendous. Nevertheless, the amount of apples one can carry, while collecting from a whole orchard, is most extraordinary. As a filly, Autumn's and her parents traveled all around Equestria, selling carved wood-things. Clocks, shelves, spoons, you name it. They'd finally settled in Canterlot, but for her, it wasn't as prosperous. As if carrying wood was hard, collecting hundreds of apples wasn't an easier. Autumn Darling could handle twice the work, being able to carry a bucket on my back, while using her magic to carry another, but dragging two buckets, one full one empty, to many different trees, was an effort in itself.

"For my first day in Ponyville, it's definitely been odd", Autumn Darling thought to herself. "Apples, who would've guessed.

Autumn carefully studied and carried the buckets, only to have them overturned when she tripped.

"For the great Celestia-" She started, but stopped when she saw who was behind her. "S-sorry! You must be.....Big McIntosh?"

"Eeyup. Sorry 'bout that, miss."

"No, no, it's my fault." Her cheeks burned. Stop blushing!

"It's all right, miss. Ah'll help collect them apples for you?"

"If-if you want to."

As she picked up some of the fruit, she caught a glance from Fluttershy. Was that jealousy in her eyes?

Autumn Darling felt a mixture of emotions. Terrible for letting him take the blame, downright awful. But, there was another, that one fuzzy feeling. Was it......affection? This day has been ABSOLUTELY perfect, hasn't it? I'm been in Ponyville for only a few hours, and I.....like somepony?


The day was finally over. Autumn Darling slumped into a chair she had unpacked.
"Thanks to everypony's help, y'all were able to gather plenty of apples!" Applejack's gracious thanks to every that had helped echoed in my head, along with the other main conversation of the day.

"Ah'll help collect them apples for you?"

And that cold stare from Fluttershy, who's said to be the kindest pony around.

What did I screw up this time?