• Published 15th Jan 2013
  • 406 Views, 7 Comments

Mistakes Last Forever.... - goldennightmare



A unicorn new to Ponyville has the adventure of her life, through love, heartbreak, and the unexpected....All while trying to juggle her own chaotic life.

  • ...
1
 7
 406

Love?

"So, did you purposely break the figure?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

"No, no. I...I was just angry."

"How come?"

"Remember what I told you about my parents? Well, I had a nightmare about what happened, the partial reason why I moved here. I was mad that they ruined my life," Autumn Darling sighed. "I-I just wanted something or someone to blame., and instead I broke some precious to me."

Twilight Sparkle only nodded, keeping quiet in thought. "Well, I think you just about summed it up. You were angry, and you felt like blaming something."

"Thanks for the help, Twilight." Autumn Darling hung her head as she walked out of the library.

"Wait, Autumn, before you go," She paused as Twilight spoke. "Everyone's headed to Sweet Apple Acres. Want to come along?"

"Oh, sure?"


The whole gang was gathered near the Apple's barn, and their chatter could be heard from steps away.

"So you're going out into town to sell apple stuff?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Not me," Applejack replied. "Big McIntosh is. Hopefully, he'll sell enough so that he won't have t' wander all day long."

"They why are we here?"

"Ah need help bakin', and Big Mac needs help fillin' up that wagon to take into town."

"I'll...I'll help him set up the wagon?" Autumn interrupted.

"Perfect! C'mon girls." The rest walked into the house.

Autumn Darling simply sat and waited inside the barn, as the pegasi were whipping up a strong wind and storm.

"That's a first." Autumn snorted. She stared up at the silver, gloomy sky.

"Why, Miss Darlin'?" McIntosh's voice made her jump. "Why am Ah not surprised?"

"I just wanted to help," Autumn Darling stuck her nose in the air. "But if you don't need any-"

"Ah'll need plently of help from y'all. Especially if this storm keeps on growin'."

The just sat there, talked, and simply waited to fill up the cart. What else was there to do anyways, with a storm like the one brewing right now? The only highlight of my day.... After all the talking and waiting, the group started bringing out apple goods.

"Load her up, guys! There's plenty more!"

Loading all that food into that single cart was more work than when the collect the apples only days ago. Right when Autumn thought the pile was gone, and there was nothing left, out came more food. Over and over, like an extremely repetitive cycle. But soon, the last of the apple fritters, tarts, and pies had been put in the cart.

"There we go. Thanks Miss Darlin'."

"No problem," Autumn tried to catch her breath. "If the storm gets worse, and you can't make it back, you can stop by my house. It's right by the marketplace and down the road from Sugarcube Corner?"

"Will do. Thanks for your help, Miss Darlin'." He nodded.


The wind blew fierce during the storm, as unlocked doors and unlatched windows flew open, threatening to fall off their hinges. Autumn Darling raced into her home, tracking in puddles of water.

"Dear Celestia, those pegasi brewed up something absolutely terrible!" She muttered to herself. Autumn dried her mane and tail with a towel, partly hoping she bought a house with no leaky roof. Thunder boomed and lightning crackled as lights flickered on and off. She sat on her couch, reading a book, glancing from side to side, almost horrified by the eerie atmosphere. A loud, banging does repeatedly hit the door. Who was there? Not somepony I'd know.

"Miss Darlin'? You home?" A familar voice rang. That's a relief. Autumn found McIntosh standing in the pouring rain outside her door.

"Well, here, let's get this inside, first."

They rushed to get the foodstuffs inside, hoping the rain hadn't ruined them. After all the food was inside, they collapsed on the couch, while the home gained a warm, apple scent.

"To speak honestly, I didn't expect you to take that advice seriously."

"Well, Miss Darlin', I'm glad you were able to help."

She quickly looked at the wooden clock her parents insisted she'd bring. It was close to striking 11:00 p.m.

Autumn Darling sighed. "I'd have you stay in a guest room, but one's full of empty boxes, and another for wood carving. So, other than my room, there's always the couch?"

That didn't go as planned. In fact, it went the exact OPPOSITE of how Autumn Darling had expected. Was it love, or just the being together-ness? The constant reminder rang through her head

I"m a fool for playing along with such tricks

But what if it's what I've always wanted?