• Published 24th Dec 2012
  • 1,927 Views, 19 Comments

Maybe is all I need - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 9 to the Maybe series also the final part...(So new to the series? I suggest not reading this first)

  • ...
4
 19
 1,927

Chapter 1

Maybe is all I...

Chapter 1

Your eyes are still closed and you can only hear the sound of yourself breathing in your silent house. You continue to let your exhausted eyelids close yourself from the outside world. You listen to your breathes there short and heavy, you're too tired to open your eyes and you don’t want to see the outside world anyways, but something feels off...you move your head but instead of the sound of hair rubbing a wall you hear nothing. You feel strange almost like there's a lot of weight pushing down on you. Trying to push these feelings out of your mind does not work your temptation to see why you feel so strange gets the better of you and you shoot your eyes open... you're standing up straight thats the first thing that sends your mind spinning... you bring your arm up to your face and see no blood, your side no longer hurts as you slowly lift your shirt up to check your wound. Your head pounds in pain as you look over your body...there are no signs of injury or any signs of there ever being any sort of injury. The next thing that is keeping your mind spinning is the looks of the room you currently stand in....”The library?” You bring your thoughts out to amazed to hold your confusion in.

You look around the room you stand in, it’s the bottom of the library or what looks like the library, the walls look a little dull and the room is dark. You study the library a little longer and then look to the window, it’s dark outside so that explains the dark room but your still baffled at where you stand, you finally snap out of your awestruck stance and you call out Twilights name to the house, but you get no reply.

You look up the stairs and start to walk up them but stop as You hear a faint sound coming from another part of the house, you try to listen in but you're unable to make out any audible sounds; you swallow hard and move towards the sound.

The noise seems to be coming from the main library, you slowly walk towards the sound but as you turn the corner you're met with a long dark hallway. You stare down the hallway, “There has never been a hallway here before..right?” You look back to the room you just left and see no one standing there. You try to make sense as to what might have happened but your head hurts too much to think. The only thing you can guess is that some how you healed yourself and teleported to Equestria while you were pasted out, even though you don’t believe this you would rather think this then believe youre dead and that this is your after life...a stuffy old tree with tons of books, you look at all the books and laugh to yourself well if i’m dead it’s hell cause I hate books.

You look back down the hallway and decide to follow the sound, you keep pushing every you know about horror movies out of your mind you continue down the dark hallway. As you reach the end you see a door which seems to hold whatever is making the noise within. You breath deep as you grab the knob and began to twist, as the door opens you see a single lateran which only lights a small part of the room. Your eyes and ears locate the source of the noise...it’s Twilight, she is sitting on the ground near the light with her eyes closed just crying.

You watch her for a few moments waiting to see if she notices you, she doesn't notice you; so you walk over to where she sits as you get closer you reach your hand out and start petting her head.

She opens her eyes and jerks her head from your hand looks at you, seeing her big purple eyes brings a sense of happiness to your heart. “I’m home Twilight...”

She stares at you trying to hold back more tears, as she talks “Who...who are you?”

Her comment ricochets in your brain as you look at her, you bring your hand from her head and start talking in a soft voice “Twilight what do you mean who am I?”

She starts to stand up and backs away, you stare at her and it finally hits you, her coat looks dull and her mane has lost some of it’s purple shades and she just overall looks different, oh god how long have I been gone! your mind screams this at you as your brain finally has adjusted to the dim room to fully see Twilight.

You stand in silence as you watch her back away, you continue to talk in a soft voice “Twilight I don’t know how long I have been gone...but do really not remember me?”

Twilight starts to act like she is scared and begins to call out Spikes name.

You're now in a full rage at the action “Twilight how do you not remember me I just saw you like an hour ago at the most!”

Twilight lowers her head as she talks “I don’t know who you are or how you got into my house but stay away from me!”

You stare at Twilight the feeling of being forgotten is eating at you as you walk closer to Twilight “No you listen I...”

Twilight lets out a bolt of purple magic at you and you're struck immobile.

You feel yourself falling over towards the ground.

End of chapter 1