• Published 8th Jan 2013
  • 2,090 Views, 30 Comments

Scootaloo's Last Wish - scootaloo55



this story is about Scootaloo's unbreakable bond with Rainbow Dash and when dash finds out the younger filly is orphaned and homeless, she makes it her duty to provide a home for her. but that comes with concequences.

  • ...
15
 30
 2,090

A Terrible Accident

Chapter 4: A Terrible Accident

“Hey kiddo, how ‘bout it?” Scootaloo yawned and fell out of bed. Rainbow was lucky. The clouds were soft. So all Scoot felt was fluffiness. “YEAH! Wait what?” the young filly was still half asleep and sighed heavily. “Well duh. The flying lesson I promised you. Ya gotta get up bright and early!” Scootaloo looked out the window and frowned. The sun had barely risen.

“Alright Scoots. Flap those tiny… uh marvellous wings like there’s no tomorrow!” Scootaloo nodded at her teacher’s command. She flapped her wings so fast it looked like a blur. Man, she’s like half dragonfly or somethin’. Rainbow Dash thought. It’s just not normal. “How am I going?” A call snapped her out of her daydreaming. “You’re doing great! Sorta….” “AWESOME! IM FLYING!” Scootaloo yelled, even though her hooves were still firmly on the ground. “Ugh. This is gunna take FOREVER!” Rainbow moaned. “Look kiddo, I’ll give you a lift.” Rainbow trotted over to the miniature pegasi and lifted her up onto her back. “Three, two, one… FIRE!” the rainbow maned pony launched her fan into the air, only to see her soar and glide as if she was born to fly. Maybe the headstart was just what she needed. Rainbow grinned and flew up to the happy filly. They sped around the skies of ponyville, and Rainbow even taught scoots a few of her signature moves, even though Scootaloo wasn’t able to handle the ‘Sonic Rainboom’ procedure. There was a sudden flash, but the two ponies dismissed it as ‘a camera’. Scootaloo eventually tired and flew down to the closest cloud and watched her hero in action.

Rainbow Dash twisted and twirled around the clouds while Scootaloo was writing down everything she saw in a small notebook. Then Scootaloo remembered the time. She was going to be late! As she bent down to pick up her schoolbag, she noticed something different. Her eyes grew large and her mouth flew open. She knew what the flash was. “IGOTMYCUTIEMARK!!!” Rainbow Dash Wobbled in mid-air and began to cascade down to the ground. The sudden scream had shocked her so much, she had fainted. “Rainbow Dash?!! Noooooo!” Scootaloo jumped off the cloud and sped towards her. The young filly grabbed Rainbow but she was too heavy and kept falling. Scoot eventually let go and much to her heart’s Dismay, The once cheerful Pegasus pony had hit the ground hard, unconscious and with her wing bent at an odd angle. Scootaloo’s eyes watered and then tears started streaming down her face. Scared and unsure, she ran off, leaving Rainbow Dash alone.

Scootaloo ran to school, feeling like she’ll hurt somepony if anyone dared put their hoof out of place. She had her bag covering her flank, as she had completely forgot about her cutie mark after Rainbow began plummeting out of the sky. Her face was stained from her tears and she looked a mess. Scoot walked into the classroom late and Cherilee didn’t look down from her rollcall list when she heard the door close she said sternly, “You’re late young lady. You are going to have to have a deten….” Cherilee’s eyes opened wide when she saw Scootaloo in the state she was in. “oh my goodness! Please Scootaloo, wait outside, I will speak to later!” Scootaloo sniffed and slowly walked outside the room and sat on her haunches with very little enthusiasm. “Class dismissed.” Cherilee walked outside and sat down next to the orange filly. “Now tell me, what happened?” “I-I-I… Flying… Rainbow… Her…” and Scootaloo broke into fresh tears anew. “Look, I’ll speak to you when you have calmed down. For now, go into the playground. Your friends will cheer you up.”

Scootaloo walked through the playground, not really sure where she was going. She had never felt so depressed. “Hey Scootaloo! Why were you so upset this morning?” the pegasi turned to see Applebloom and Sweetie Belle looking at her with great curiosity. “Ah have never seen yah cry before.” Scootaloo Sniffed, a new tear escaping, and dumped her bag on the ground. She layed her head on it and stayed silent. “WOW! Yah got yah cutie mark? Why didn’t yah say so?” Scootaloo looked at her flank. It was beautiful, a pair of wings, one wing silver and one gold with a lightning bolt through the middle, which was the same colour of her mane, purple. Scootaloo remembered Rainbow Dash, face-down in the dirt, all because of her cutie mark. Her vision clouded over and she tore at her cutie mark. “W-What are you DOING?!” “Arrgh this is ALL MY FAULT!” Scootaloo gritted her teeth and ripped her cutie mark more. A drop of blood hit the ground. “what the hay are yah doin’ tah yourself Scoot?!” Applebloom looked at her friend with shock. “What is up with you today?” Scootaloo paused and cried. “I-I-I k-ki… Rain….” And then she ran off, leaving two very worried ponies behind her.

Scootaloo stopped running and sat underneath the slide. She heard hoofsteps walking towards her. “Haha, what do we have here? A poor sorry excuse for a pony.” The orange pegasi turned and saw her two enemies, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. “What do you want?” she said through muffled sobs. “Oh nothing. Just that you look terrible. Pfft. Like we care. You look so stupid when you cry! Heck, you can’t even fly properly.” Scootaloo felt her face burning. She growled under her breath and started scratching in the dirt with her hoof. “You may have gotten your cutie mark, but it looks terrible. Just like you.” That was the last straw. She raised her hoof and made contact right on Diamond Tiara’s face. “y-you hit me?” The surprised filly stared at Scootaloo. Her chest was heaving and her eyes looked bloodshot. For once in her life, Scootaloo didn’t know who she was anymore. She lunged again, but this time at Silver spoon. The pony only just moved out of the way “FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!” there was a large crowd gathering. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle stood back in shock and said nothing. This wasn’t the Scootaloo they knew. “What is going on here?” Cherilee stood in between the ponies and scowled. “I’ll ask again, what’s going on here?!” Silver Spoon glared at Scootaloo and then said “this maniac attacked us!” Scootaloo didn’t object as she stared at everyone before ripping at her cutie mark again. “What has gotten into you today young lady?” Scootaloo stopped, and started bawling her eyes out again before yelling, “I KILLED RAINBOW DASH!!!” the whole school went silent before Cherilee yelled, “YOU DID WHAT?!” Everypony looked at the purple-maned pony as if she was mad. “S-she was teaching me flying a-and then I-I-I got m-my cutie mark and she f-fell….” Scootaloo could feel new tears brewing. “I-I-I…” Then she just ran off before she could hurt any more ponies.