• Published 8th Jan 2013
  • 2,089 Views, 30 Comments

Scootaloo's Last Wish - scootaloo55



this story is about Scootaloo's unbreakable bond with Rainbow Dash and when dash finds out the younger filly is orphaned and homeless, she makes it her duty to provide a home for her. but that comes with concequences.

  • ...
15
 30
 2,089

A Petty Argument

Chapter 3: A Petty Argument

“Oh darling Sweetie, Whatever is the matter? I have not seen you this upset since, well, yesterday.” Sweetie Belle ran past Rarity like a jet, leaving puddles of salty water behind her as she cried. Sweetie ran into her room and stuffed her head into her pillow crying quite heavily. “Sweetie, you look a mess. What happened?” The Unicorn sniffled, “I can’t tell you… I-I…. She scared me Rarity!” Rarity placed a hoof around her little sister and gave her a heart-warming hug. “Who, Darling?” “S-S-Scoot…. Scootaloo…. S-she, I…. I followed her and her home is… no, I CANT TELL YOU.” Rarity sighed, deeply in thought and sorrow for her closet friend. She vowed she would find out what was going on. Whatever it took.
The next day, Rarity casually walked around ponyville with her little sis, looking for a certain filly who had DARED to upset Sweetie. After all, that was her job. The Perfectly groomed pony stood stock-still. There! The loud unmistakable buzzing of a pegasi filly that had yet to learn to fly. The speeding blur was disappearing around every corner there was in town. It stopped as Rarity grabbed the scooter by her hoof. Sweetie gasped. She had no idea her sister was capable of such quick reflexes. “What the hay lady? I was scooterin’ he—oh uh haha, hi uh Rarity.” “Do NOT play the nice filly with ME! Why don’t you tell me why MY sister came home BAWLING HER EYES OUT last night?!” Scootaloo looked shocked. “w-what? I had no idea, look I’m sorry ok? SHE shoulda just minded her own business!” “Well excuse ME for asking.” “FOR THE LAST TIME, WHAT I DO AND WHERE I GO IS NOPONYS BUISNESS!!” at that point, everyone in ponyville and turned and stared at the orange pony, who’s chest was heaving with each angry irritated breath.

“What the hay is goin’ on here?” Applejack, Applebloom and Twilight Sparkle looked at the situation that was unfolding with great curiosity. Scootaloo looked at Sweetie Belle with hatred. She said she wouldn’t tell, well she didn’t actually but… there was a familiar rainbow streak in the sky and a blue Pegasus mare landed in front of Rarity, the sun shining off her lightning bolt cutie mark. All this screaming and yelling had pulled her out from her beauty sleep so she had a right to figure out what was going on. “What’s with all this racket?” she said with a slight irritation in her voice. “This young filly scared my Sweetie so much she could barely talk last night and then SHE began to yell at us.” Rarity went up to Rainbow’s ear and whispered, “She’s in a particularly murderous mood” Rainbow Dash looked confused. This didn’t sound like the Scootaloo she knew. “What’s happened?” she asked calmly. “S-she, followed… and…. Home…. I…” Scootaloo stared at the dirt. She couldn’t look her idol in the eye. “Does anypony know what’s up?” “SCOOTALOO’S HOMELESS!” Sweetie blurted out, instantly covering her mouth. Everypony looked at Sweetie Belle and then Scootaloo. “Is this true?” “n-no, n-n-not really, I have a home….. J-just not in a……………. h-house. P-please please d-don’t take me back to t-the orphanage! P-please…”

“WHAT? You’ve got to be kidding, I had no clue you had no family!” Scootaloo’s eyes welled up and a single tear escaped after hearing the word ‘family’. “Sorry, Look kid, I know you can’t fly yet but how about…. You stay with me? You know, up in Cloudsdale?” Scootaloo looked up at her hero. Rainbow Dash had a sudden care in her eyes that nopony had seen before, but Rainbow just knew she had to help her. She smiled, and held a hoof out to the orange filly that was dirty and mucky from living in an alleyway. The pony grabbed it and uttered a small ‘thankyou’. Her voice cracked slightly, probably from all the yelling. “Hop aboard kiddo I’m taking you for your first flight lesson.” And with that, Rainbow flew over the clouds and beyond, with little Scootaloo holding on for dear life.

“Wow! It’s so fluffy!” Scootaloo danced around Rainbow’s cushiony floor. ”Clouds are.” The blue mare replied. “So….” “So what?” “So, when are you gunna teach me your moves?” Rainbow frowned. She looked at the white ceiling and sighed. “Look, kid. I said you could stay here, I never said I would teach you anything.” Scootaloo looked hurt, but then gave a cheeky smile. “I bet I could get my cutie mark quicker than you could do a Sonic Rainboom.” Rainbow cringed, a slight hint of determination sparkled in her eyes. “Why you…..” and with that she sped out the window and completed a sonic rainboom quicker than you could say ‘cutie mark’. Scootaloo’s grin was as big as Celestia’s sun. “What are you happy about?” Rainbow looked at the Orange filly as if she was the weirdest thing she had ever seen. “Oh nothing. Only that I tricked you into showing me a trick.” Rainbow Dash gave an awkward smile “Alright kiddo. Time for bed.” “But it’s only 3:30…” “exactly.” And then Scootaloo just smiled and gave her idol a hug. She was living the dream. Thanks to a petty argument.