• Published 20th Dec 2012
  • 782 Views, 3 Comments

Prelude to 13, The Last Thing... - Freewing Alchemist P



Helena G. Wells sacrifice herself to save both warehouse 13 and her friends form a fiery explosion, but it was not the end of her. She woke up as Equestria’s number 1 adventurer Daring Do.

  • ...
4
 3
 782

Chapter 5; Catching Up, Rotten Attacker

Chapter 5; Catching Up

It was a warm day at the cafe. She sipped her tea, she had already read the twelve book this day. H.G. knew she had a lot of catching up to do there was no way around it, but she needed to do this if Striving Lakely was going to be a teacher. Especially if she had to be a college teacher part of her wanted to be teaching the younger one's the little colts and fillies like her daughter.

Still she was going to be a teacher. No more adventures, Part of her was sad about that but if was over written, that could take me away from my daughter. H.G. Thought. The literature was pretty much the same, with some differences, of course but still the same. It was still fun to read, she felt like a school girl again, so vary existing.

She read about the history about the three tribes of ponies in the time before Celestia. The unicorns would use their magic to subject and slaughter none unicorns. Such was that case was with a Unicorn, Common Speaker that used his special talent of speech and his magic to turn his passionate speeches into booming commands that the unicorns must follow. While Pegasus, the more war like tribe, used there weather control abilities to wreck havoc on their enemies and earth ponies alike. There was a Pegasus warrior named Typhoon obliterated several islands and a colony of earthbound ponies. The earthbounds were the ones being oppressed and controlled but H.G. Thought it was odd. I guess this place wasn't always so peaceful. The earthbound are technically more superior to the other tribes. Take away a Pegasus' wings or a unicorns' horn they're helpless, there is nothing they can do. Earthbound's magic is with in them there enhanced strength and ability to control nature.

That would explain why the other tribes enslaved them, most likely out of fear originally. I mean come they had to have been slaves because now way they would have willingly giving up 2/3 of their crops. They just gazed it over the whole thing so that there would not rekindled. Still can't blame them, keeps things peaceful and it doesn't hurt Celestia took control of the sun and moon.

She looked up for her books at all the different types ponies that were walking, working, talking and playing together. Pegasus flirting with a earthbound, a unicorn helping a Pegasus with is job and a unicorn and unicorn on a date.

There is still some tribalism going on but now a days most ponies work, live, love and help one another. She continued to read to herself.

A strange stench reached her nostrils, it was like rotten eggs, mix with bad hasenpfeffer left to ferment inside Pet's gym bag after it was left in Artie's office overnight. She covered her nose and started to look around for its source.

"Geryaoohoo!" A sloshing howl reached her ears. That's when she saw a creatures about to descend on her. Before the creature's fags and claw could sink into her.

H.G. felt her body raised into the air. She was gracefully lowered to the ground and her savior dropped down by her side. H.G. lingered a bit on the royal white mare she had a look of extreme focus and killer intent. H.G. looked at what attacked her and she was dumbstruck that instant. She did not understand what she was looking at, it looked like a werewolf made of sickly, white, branches and bark. Mounds of gray, leaves clung to tentatively everywhere on it's body as black oily, ooze dripped from it's snarling grin. It's violet eyes switched between him and his partner. It roared, a creature of rage and anger. H.G. know it was a creature of fury, unbound and ever mounting rage. She knew it was, because in her past life she knew creatures of anger and bond fury. Right now she wished she was human again, but now she was a Pegasus her round eyes were locked on the creature before here.

H.G. dared to look over at the royal white Alicorn. "Princess, what is this thing? I've never seen anything like it."

"I prayed that I would never see one like it again, I thought they were extinct. It's a fine specimen of Rotacus Arboreal Cains Lupus. Also known as a Rot wolf a sub sect of Timber wolf that stands up right and can rot anything it's claws rip or it's jaws bites."

"Oh, that is just fine." H.G. said exasperated.

"Daring, I suggest that you should just leave now this is my fight." Celestia told her.

"Sorry to disobey Princess, but this is what I use to do. This creature is putting a lot of families in danger and I can't stand by to watch!" H.G. side to her confidently to her.

"Very well Daring, but if you become a liability I will forcibly remove you."

"Understood your majesty." H.G. replied.

In a booming voice she made out her commands. "Guards, cordon off the area and evacuate the area of civilians. Now! Leave Daring and myself to this matter."

H.G. watched as a flurry of Pegasus and unicorn went to work clearing out and cording off the area. It took only minutes before her and Celestia alone with the Rot wolf. The two were left with the beast.

"Ordinary Timber wolves, were born through magical experiments, and have become a valid spices. They are difficult enough to handle because they can reattach and combine when a mass are destroyed together. "Celestia breathed heavily, but she continued. "But unlike its cousins Rot wolves are monstrous, originally born of some of the most twisted, dark, magic experiments. They could never ever exists in the wild with out these experiments. They are more dangerous because of their rotting effect. They are so various that they can't live in a pack and they can only be alone. Mindless fighting machines, but for whom and why?"

"Princess, if I can get to my carpet bag I think I have a few devices that can help us." H.G. Said to her.

"I will draw its attention go to it!" Celestia yelled as she shot into the air and charged her horn with golden light

Celestia knew Daring Do would not have suggested this if she didn't have something up her proverbial sleeves. Her horn still glowing Celestia knew what she had to do. With a falcon dive towards the beast with a burst of magic knocking it back as he loped upward avoiding it's quick slash. Celestia went back into the air, with her position secured she started to charge of a new spell. She let it loose and a spiraling gold spire descended on it's target. Her heart sank as the Rot wolf managed to dodged it and it quickly righted itself back to a standing position. The Rot wolf, roared and threw it's arms forwards it's claws erupted form it's paw like fingers.

Celestia knew that she was stuck she was in midair after firing a spell. As the claws came closer to her she felt something snag her hind leg and she was pulled to the ground. She whirled around to see her savior. "Thank you Daring." She breathed.

That's when she notice a Daring was holding a device, a spool attached to a long metal barrel with an L shaped grip that hand a trigger. There was more to it but she was drawn to the length of rope that had wrapped around her leg. As it slowly unbounded and slithered back to the metal barrel. At the end of the rope was an expandable grappling hook. Celestia wanted to ask her more about what she had in her hooves but this was not the time.

H.G. knew that that Celestia was examining her grappler gun. She was not really in the mood to explain nor was she capable to do it, especially at this moment. "New invention" H.G. mentioned quickly.

Celestia let loose volleys of golden light and strafing the monster in the shoulder it charged forward with it's maw open snarling. Moments before it's strike the Princess rose into the air and avoided the creature's charge. She came down on it's back slamming it to the ground. Before it could counter attack she raised into the air again before landing on the ground. The Rot wolf spun around and charged the two of them as they shot in to the air in different directions, Celestia went left she went right. The monster looked in both and turned towards her, opening it's mouth it fired a ball of putrefied sludge at her. With a quick double loop she managed to dodge it, before it could fire another Celestia came to her aid and fired another blast of golden energy. Snarling the Rot wolf bet it's head towards her and let loose a spray of bile. H.G. looked back and saw the bile spray hit a near by fruit cart and watched it sizzled away to nothing. Dangerous H.G. thought to herself.

Desperately the duo climbed into the air. H.G. looked at the Solar Princess. "I'm assuming his projectiles and spitting are new to you as well!"

"Yes, it seems this one was quite heavily modified, but to what end I do not know." Celestia said to her.

They decided to keep themselves in the air, but they both know that couldn't be kept up. It let out another volley of slug balls at them. "Princess I have an idea, but we need to work to gather and have perfect timing as well."

"I trust you Daring, just tell me when you are ready to go!" Celestia told her.

Both descended quickly and zoomed towards the Rot wolf H.G. aimed her grappler at Celestia. Seeing this the Princess nodded, she knew what her comrade was thinking. The two were now low to the ground feet from the pavement. H.G. fired her grappler and Celestia caught it with her mouth with a quick loop around the Rot wolfs legs and quickly dragged it up into the air. H.G. clamped her teeth down on the rope and pulled out a Tezla quickly she removed the safeties and ramped up the capacitors. She squeezed the trigger and let the power build up. It started to spark and arc with electricity.

Howling with fury the dangling Rot wolf fired out it's claws at the two of them, they split up in two different directions and then quickly realigning to avoid another attack. Quickly H.G. tossed the overload Tezla at there dangling captive. As it exploded letting loose a wave of arcing energy, there captive went limp. The two dropped him to the ground, quickly they swooped and touched down. There enemy was twitching and convulsing, as hit let out grunts and whimpers of pain.

H.G. noticed a bran on it's inner thigh it looked like a water drop that had an compass cut out of the water droplet. It was a water droplet wasn't it? H.G. thought.

H.G.'s sight was quickly obscured when by a the long white pinion feathers of the Princess. H.G. Looked up at Celestia "What was that you threw at the Rot wolf?" Celestia asked her.

"Well," H.G. started thinking as fast as she could. "It was suppose to be a defensive weapon but I couldn't get it to work just right ." She lied.

"I see, what was it suppose to do?"

"Knock out an opponent giving the used a chance to escape. I can't quite get the voltage right, still too high it could kill some pony," H.G. lied again. "Though I don't think a unicorn would be effected the same as a Pegasus of an earthbound."

"Well," Celestia started hesitantly. "I do not like the idea of a new weapon, but I understand the need for defensive verity. But it would be a bigger danger to a unicorn because it could scramble there mind for a while. I would appreciate if you would stop working on something that could be that dangerous. Those I understand why you did make such a device." Celestia conclude sternly but still with a smile.

"I understand Princess, now I guess I have to go back to my studies. I have to get ready to became a teacher."

"I understand but I may need you for one small task before you fully retire I'll have Checkmate Angle give you the specifics." H.G. noticed a mischievous smile. "In exchange I'll help you study, does that sound like a good deal."

She knew it was. H.G. couldn't really turn down the offer. "All right your majesty, can I ask you some question on history?"

"Yes," Celestia chuckled a little. "I suppose that you are wondering about the Sun and Moon? And the inconstancies about the folklore about Hearth's Warming Eve? I'll start by showing a portrait of Princess Platinum the second and the look on her face when my sister and I took control of the sun and moon. I still can't believe she stood still in shock that long." Celestia laughed.

H.G. turned back to see the guards start to restrain and the Rot wolf. H.G started to wonder what a creature like that was doing her. "So Daring Do, why not wait for me in my carriage. I've got a few orders I must give out before we go."

H.G. nodded. "Of course your majesty." She said with a bow and needed for the royal carriage.

Waiting for Daring Do to enter the carriage. She worriedly around to the nearest guard. "Have that monster brought to my school. Tell the faculty I want a full run down on it. All the magic weapons it has, how was it created, the type of magic use to make it the works! Tell them to tear it apart, magic piece by magic piece! Before you do that, call the Blood family. Tell them that there, 'Black Sheep' has returned. I would pur fur that they deal with it but judging by what happened today they may not be able too. I don't want that FREAK! Near Daring ever, ever again!" Celestia Snarled.

An older guard came up to her. "I know who your talking about, but shouldn't we tell Daring I mean he was and in a legal sense.." Celestia glared at him. The guard stopped his sentence and started to straighten himself up still in fear of her.

"I realize that, She has a connection to that FREAK! But I do not want her to be involved in any of this it was, it a nightmare dealing with what happened the first time. Now Daring has a filly to worry about. I must be going now, but it consider what I said a royal order to keep it under wraps but tell her brother about this." Celestia turned around.

"It shall be handled Princess." The guard said with a salute.

Celestia walked back to her carriage with a fake smile on her face. I will not have a repeat of that FREAK'S! atrocities. I will not have him heart My Little Ponies ever again! She thought angrily to herself as she climbed into the carriage Daring Do waiting patiently inside.