• Published 20th Dec 2012
  • 782 Views, 3 Comments

Prelude to 13, The Last Thing... - Freewing Alchemist P



Helena G. Wells sacrifice herself to save both warehouse 13 and her friends form a fiery explosion, but it was not the end of her. She woke up as Equestria’s number 1 adventurer Daring Do.

  • ...
4
 3
 782

Chapter 4; The Rebirth of Emily Lake

Chapter 4; The Rebirth of Emily Lake

H.G. could have been in Heaven for all she knew. It had been weeks with her daughter in this new land and life. She worked at her work bench and not too far away her daughter was at a school desk doing her home work. H.G. had finished, as well as modified for, pony use, her Grappler and Tezla. She was working on her newest device, almost finished with it when a nagging feeling struck her.

She stopped only for a moment. "Crystal Song, do you need any help with your home work?"

"No Mummy, I'm fine." The little filly said without look up from her desk.

"Mummy's still working but if you need help just ask." H.G. said with a smile.

"OK Mummy." She called back cheerily.

It was strange that she could work so well without her fingers, only hooves. They worked well, even with the sensitive equipment she had here. With the last vacuum tube she was done with the last piece. Flapping her wings slightly she hovered over to the window. A device was aiming outside. It was a gold telescope with a set of smaller views and an attached to them was a sphere shape. Sitting on a tripod, below that was a massive like an engine, with vacuum tubes and small belts, and motor. The engine was not only connected to the telescope and tripod by metal pipes and wires. On one side of the device was a large dial with a handle connected to a metal frame, the other side had a slopping tank attached to a makeshift ignition device.

H.G. lowered herself to the floor and slid under the device and attached the piece to the engine. Working effortlessly she had the component attached to the her device. Sliding out from under the device she gave a satisfactory smile at her finished work. H.G. wiped off he hooves, she turned around. Crystal Song was staring amazed at what her mother had just finished.

"What is it Mummy?" She asked.

Without turning around she answered. "I call it the Philosophoscop, it is a device that I've been thinking of for a long time and since I have some free time." She looked at her daughter with a smile. "This device is special, it can answer Cretin Philosophical Questions. When I say Cretin I mean I can't answer any of the bigger questions such as 'What's the meaning of life'. I still have to work out some, if not a lot, of the glitches and problems. I still have problems with the interface, but it will be quite a useful thing to use. Would you like to help mummy test it out?"

Crystal Song nodded. "Sure, how dose it work?"

She turned the lever on the side of the device and turned the key on the other side. "You start by selecting one of the questions on the deal, I just choose 'Trusted Teacher' now when you look through. Your question will be answered, but only you will know the answer."

"Why?"

"Because the answer is different for each pony. There is a time lag between ponies and I haven't set all of the dial selections. But enough boring talk, try it out." She motioned her daughter to the device.

Crystal Song put her eye against the viewer. H.G. watched as her daughter's mouth opened wide in amazement. "Wow I can see Mr. Ferrari, but he lives in Troatinghame right now."

H.G. nodded. "That's great! That means it's working you'll see your 'Trusted Teacher' any where he is."

"Quite a useful device indeed Daring." A new voice broke into the conversation. Both H.G and her daughter turned in it's direction.

It was a beautiful white horse with a golden sun on her flank, a rainbow like main and tail, flowing white wings as well as elongated horn. She wore a golden crown necklaces and hooves capes. Her main and tail followed on it's own like it was in the breeze, her violet eyes shined and exuded her warm and bright smile. A smile that widen and set on her and her daughter.

"Princess Celestia," H.G. breathed the memories did not do her justice. She was beautiful and certainly majestic. She could see what others see her as a goddess. "For what do I owe the pleasure of your company." H.G. bowed her daughter followed her mother's example.

"I came here to see you Daring. I hear that you have quite?" She questioned.

H.G. glanced around the princess and saw Yielding cowering behind her. She stood up and looked the princess in the eyes. "Yes, my family must come first. I almost lost everything on my last mission. I have to think of my daughter."

Celestia was still smiling at her and her daughter. "I completely understand, when you are young a parent is a god. They banish the evils and monsters that frighten and pray on us, but it is these acts that teach us to deal with the real evils and monster we will have to face in our lives when they are gone." She paused and took a breath. "I am sorry for the speech, but it is my way of saying I understand."

H.G. smiled and nodded. "Thank you your majesty. But I'm sure that important to my child, I'm not a god."

"While ponies our age certainly do not see our parents that way. My parents have passed on many centuries ago. It may be true for your daughter as well, she is a bit older. She still has much to learn, but your daughter needs you just the same."

"Princess you showed your interest in my Philosophoscop, I still have some work but when I'm done and it works well I'll deliver it to you." H.G. said to her with a smile.

"Ahuitzotl has had an advantage with his machines for too long, we could use a device like this to give us an edge. Can you put 'Mortal Danger to Equestria' on your selection dial?"

"My Philosophoscop couldn't handle that, I can put a 'Mortal Danger' selection, but it would still be subjective because what is mortal danger for one pony might not be for another. Pulse, some mortal danger might not start out so dangerous for a nation, but it may grow into one."

"I understand." The princess nodded.

"I know you are Royalty and the Princess of our country, but are you really a god? Do you have any children?" Crystalsong asked innocently.

The two mares looked at the little filly, Celestia smiled at Crystal Song. "While I have divinity and power similar to a god, I am not a god. Many of my subject treats me as one and I try to dissuade them from such actions. It is almost impossible to do that because, I control the sun. But I want my citizens to know that I am not like the Sun I control, but rather I would like them to think of me as member of their own family.'

'And to answer your second question, Yes, I have had many children and I've had to bury many of them for a variety of different reasons, just as I had to bury many of my past loves. You see my sister and came about by unseal means. We were born during an ancient time full of chaos. A time brought about when my father an Earthbound prince, did something very foalish to attract my mother a unicorn princess. The chaos was caused by my father when he fell in love with my mother, but he was afraid that she would not love him back. So he tricked her into drinking a Love Potion, but it backfired and became a Love Poison. A poison, using love, a poison that brought our young nation to it's knees. Ponies in turmoil and everything falling apart. Why? Because my parents were too preoccupied with each other to care about anything else. For that reason when I and later my sister were born we were raised and taught by other ponies who carried for both us and our nation. Much later before we could take the throne, an evil creature named Discord took over our nation. But my sister and I were able take back control. Together we brought peace and harmony back to our home."

"You have a sister? Did she pass away too?"

"Yes, I have had several brothers and sisters. But I was closest to one in particular," Celestia paused and seemed to be in thought. H.G. knew that look because she wore it too many time when she lost her Christina. So she lost someone she loved too. I can understand that, I wonder if any one actually knows that about her. H.G. mused to herself.

Celestia started again and gave them a smile. "That is another story for another time little one. But I guess out living the ones you love is a unexpected hazard of a long life."

"So, why do you live so long?"

"You see little filly I'm an Alicorn, a blending of the three tribes of ponies. A creature of harmony born because of chaos. We are near immortal but our children may not be, unless they too are Alicorn too."

Celestia lowered her head and she looked like she was in the same sorrowful expression. Seeing this, Crystal Song seemed to be thinking. H.G. watched her daughter start to flap her wings a bit, she float up to Celestia. She kissed her on the check. "I'm sorry, I know that if my mummy lost me she would be very sad. I couldn't even think about losing so many I love."

"Thank you my little pony you are very kind." Celestia told her with a smile. She looked at H.G. "You are raising a fine little filly Daring Do. But the real reason I have come to you today was not to reenlist you but, to offer you a chance at another life. I going to reassign you to Phillyadelphia College, if I remember correctly Daring you are good with literature?"

"I'm a little rusty, I need some time to catch up." H.G. replied, scratching her head.

"You have time, it will take time to work everything out. We can't have your filly transfer in the middle of her school year can we. I also want you to finish your Philosophoscop so that it can be put into use. But we need to give you a new name, a new identity, because you have many enemies that could come looking for you. To protect you and everyone else from potential danger. It may take me a while to set up a new name as well."

"Well I have a suggestion for a new name if you're willing to entertain it." H.G. asked.

"I'm listening." Celestia inquired.

"Striving Lakely." H.G. smiled. Now Emily Lake can have a new life too. She thought to herself.

"Perfect name for you as well." Celestia smiled.