• Published 20th Dec 2012
  • 782 Views, 3 Comments

Prelude to 13, The Last Thing... - Freewing Alchemist P



Helena G. Wells sacrifice herself to save both warehouse 13 and her friends form a fiery explosion, but it was not the end of her. She woke up as Equestria’s number 1 adventurer Daring Do.

  • ...
4
 3
 782

Chapter 2; Beloved Daughter

Chapter 2; Beloved Daughter

The carriage ride allowed her to reflect on many things and yet still no answers came to her. What happened to her? Why was she here? In the reflection of the carriage window she could see Daring's dark magenta eyes, they weren't hers. But it wasn't her eyes she cared about it was Daring's Daughter, what will she do? If the child did survive could she raise Crystal Song as her own daughter? Will I give the child the love she deserves? Yes, I can easily do Daring's work at The Canterlot Royal Vaults. What am I suppose to do? I don't wish to bury another child, but can I love another child? I have to because she needs her mother but... She continued to think she was still worried what can she do?

The carriage stopped in front of an enormous manor H.G. couldn't wait to be let out, she charged out of the carriage. Leaving an Earth Bound pony that bared a striking resemblance to her old partner at Warehouse 12. She forced the front doors of the manor open, the foray was empty but for a dusty brown Pegasus with an orange brown main and curly handle bar mustache. Daring's bother Yielding he was pacing nervously looking at the floor and mumbling to himself.

No! She screamed to herself. I'm too late! She rushed past him to the bedrooms in Daring's memories. Crystalsong' bedroom was past the sitting room, she had to go through one more room and she would know.

Seeing his sister Yielding tried to stop her but H.G. would not be stopped. "Daring, I'm sorry but.."

Throwing the door to the sitting room open she saw a little filly, dressed in what was probably a night shirt, curled into a ball near resting on a rung near the fire. H.G. saw a rhythmic up and down motion in her body, she was breathing! She let out a sigh of relief, she was alive.

"That's one of the things...," Yielding said hesitantly "I fired a butler today."

H.G. looked at him with a both surprise and confusion. "Your nervous over firing the hired help? You bloody scared me half to death I thought my da... foal was dead! And your scared how I would react on you firing the hired help!" H.G. roared as she bent in back to the floor.

Looking around avoiding eye contact, he continued. "That's not all. You see, when we heard you were injured, Crystalsong overheard. Well, she refused to go back to bed and the butler in question said for her to go to bed or you'll be dead. Well, that's when I fired him." He said in a quivering voice. He was still avoiding my stare. "I know you said that I'm not allowed to do any of the hiring of firing of staff. But what he said, that was unforgivable. You don't say that sort of thing to a child! Well she was so distort and there was no other way. I agreed to let her stay up and wait for you to come back. It was the only way to calm her down. I didn't need her getting sick all over again. The poor thing fell asleep waiting for you."

Speechless H.G. wrapped her hooves around Yielding's neck. "I can't believe you could be so thoughtful." H.G. exclaimed. Yielding was stunned blinking his wide eyes to make sure he was not dreaming.

"Sister?" Yielding questioned.

Yielding is nothing like my brother Charles but why? They seemed so very similar to start? Charles would never had done something like that, he would have let the butler say such a horrible thing to Christen and thought nothing of it.

Looking Yielding in the face with tears forming in her eyes. "I don't care that you fired him. I don't care that you let my foal stay up to wait for me. I'm not mad at you. I'm glad you helped Crystal Song. I'm glad that you were here for her."

"We're family, aren't we? Isn't that what family does or at least suppose to do for each other?" Yielding asked her.

H.G. nodded, still fighting back tears. "I guess you're right, but I never expected it from you." Oh, drat I'm not sure if that's true. I shouldn't have said that. H.G. Thought to herself.

The Pegasus stallion blushed at his sister's earlier comment. H.G. Could guess she must have been right. "I've always been a bit of a lout, well a very big one in fact, I just... I just needed to be a better brother! You deserve it Daring," He said wrapping his hooves around her. "You, you needed me in the past. You came to me in the worst time of your life. You absolutely needed me in the most critical time in your life and I wasn't there for you or her. You came to my aid when I need it, but I never asked at all. You saved me and I left you out to dry. I needed to make up for that."

That's for sure my brother Charles was in so much trouble and debt that I had to call in a few favors to make it all go away and then what does my brother do to repay me? He becomes a famous writer by writing his books on my adventures. But I and Christen were never in any danger so there must be apart of Daring's life I still don't know about? But still the present. She fumed a bit mentally.

H.G. thoughts turned back to Yielding 's speech. "I'll try my best to be here for you now! Oh, Crystal Song's fever broke and I think she'll be better now, but I'll call a new doctor to examine her to makes sure if she is OK. If you like I'll take care of everything. I think that you should stay with Crystal Song tonight, I'll have a bed brought in..."

"Yes, I leave it to you," H.G. releasing Yielding from her grip. "The bed will not be necessary I'll stay in Crystal Song's bed with her, I need some maternal bonding time right now."

"Indeed, you can count on me from now on sister," Yielding said with confidence. "Not to be nosing, but why did you come back to night? I thought you would be out for a few days, your injures and such?"

"I had to come back as fast as I could because," She paused trying to think of a good excuses. "I over heard that the doctor my have misdiagnose her condition. He said it may have been scarlet fever, but he didn't tell me because he was told make sure I make my mission. When I heard that, I had to go and see if she was OK." She hope she sounded convening.

"Troubling indeed, I'll have a talk with Mr. Angle about that." Yielding said.

"You do that, I have more important matters." H.G. said Turning around.

Scooping up the little filly H.G. flapped her wings gently allowing her to floating off the ground just a little bit. She carried the filly back to her bedroom. Still holding her in one hoof she spread the covers of the bed and settled down in the bed she put the covers back over herself and the little filly. Resting her own head on the pillow and the filly's head on her shoulder she whispered softly.

"I'll try to be a good mommy for you. You deserve that much, I promise I'll try. Crystal Song." She finished, still looking at the little filly. Her eyes grew heavy and she passed into slumber still holding the little filly.

Meanwhile outside of the mansion Mr. Cartwright and Mr. Angle, after getting an ear full from Yielding Do they were on their way back to The Canterlot Royal Vaults.

"I can't believe that he accused of such wrong doing." Cart right said indignantly.

"Oh, well that is understandably it has happen before. I will have to check out the claim myself. There is no harm in checking into it." Checkmate said still with a smile on his face.

"Well I still I don't like it. Well lets get the carriage ready. Would you like to ride?" Cart right asked.

"Thank you these old bones could use a little rest." The old unicorn laughed. Pausing for a moment Checkmate Angle looked at the mansion. Good luck Ms. Wells, I hope you're going to like your second chance. You're a mother and an adventure in a semi- peaceful world. I myself enjoyed my second chance. I hope everything will go right for you and your daughter. The old unicorn climbed into the carriage and they were both off.