• Published 20th Dec 2012
  • 7,572 Views, 251 Comments

Life through Love - SentientHydra



A Human finds his place as a changeling, in a worlds that doesn't yet know of them

  • ...
27
 251
 7,572

Chapter 11-a: It's magic, I don't have to explain anything.

They couldn't wouldn't try drugging me, not with my alien physiology. They'd have no idea how I'd react. So I could feel every ache of crumpled armour, all the dull throbs that showed my broken, fractured bones beneath. Even in a world of magic, they could only do so much.

...Magic...

the word bounceed back and forth in my mind for a while then. Until it clicked, I had magic. magic suited to changing my body, altering my form. Could it heal me, just 'shift' the damage away until it healed naturally, or alter my organs back their prime permanently.

Well, nothing but for to try.
The inhibitor might have been a problem, I couldn't shapeshift into another pony, for that I needed my horn. But my fire only needed to move internally through my body, and move it did. Flickering streams in my magical sight roved through my body, bones made fluid by it's passing sealing and shaping themselves with a gentle plink of metal hiting the floor; the ponies staples and pins forcing their painful way out through swiftly healing flesh.

It was slow, and through it all I was glowing green from between my plates, wispy smoke pouring from my eyes, ears, nose and mouth. The stench was acrid, like burning flesh and rotten metal.

I could feel the thundering hooves as Twilight no doubt picked up the magic, and rushed to my cell, but I didn't care. It hurt too Good, healing and calming the aches. My magic drained itself swiftly, and I was forced to give it up, sagging into my hard bed with a gentle hiss and crackle of dying flame.

They spoke, but it was muffled and unintelligable, like they were speaking through thick blankets, or water.

I checked my fire, and only embers remained, so I forced myself to sleep.

The nurse's scent, and the smell of her love floated into my nose, I'd be okay. Just needed to rest.


I faded into the dark of my own mind, and began to dream as this mind was apt to do.

But I wasn't alone.

I could feel another presence, floating at the edge of my dream-scape, not able to enter my mind without my permission.

With a burst of will my dreaming world was a wide, featureless plain of grass, shining under an alien green sun. My memories, and the information therein hidden.

Reaching deep into the skills I had inherited, and the knowledge this body's mind had given; I opened the mental door, and allowed the presence entrance.

I felt myself smile with false confidence as a star studded mane floated into view.

"Thought I'd see you, hanging about.."

Author's Note:

Just a short one, a little interlude while I write a big'un

Might fill a few chapters after this with some one-shots related to this or other stories I've written

Please Post ideas!