• Published 19th Dec 2012
  • 1,051 Views, 14 Comments

Stories told on the Hearth - Alchemystudent



Everypony has a story of their hearth's warming days...this is our girls

  • ...
0
 14
 1,051

When you believe

Pinkie Pie let out a yell of excitement as she stepped off the Saddle Aravia train, “Whoohoo!!!! Saddle Arabia, the sand, the dessert, and all of the catus juice we can buy!!”

“Yeah,” Rainbow Dash said, holding her hoof to her eyes to look to the town in the distance, “Remind me why the map sent us here so close to the holidays? Didn’t it have anything beteer to do than to send us somewhere hot and far away from home?”

“Aw, come on Dashie! The map is our call to adventure!” Pinkie cheered, grabbing Dash by the shoulders and waving her hoof out in front of her, “Our Batsignal, our Troublealert, the hotline! We go where it tells us, righting the wrongs of the land and bringing peace to troubled ponies everywhere. It is what we do as heroes!!!”

Dash rolled her eyes at this, “Yeah, but can’t it take a holiday?”

“Crime,” Pikie narrowed her eyes at Rainbow Dash, frowning as she deepened her voice a little,”Never takes a holiday.”

“Fine,” Dash said, shaking her head and chuckling as she and Rainbow Dash left the station, walking to the town in the distance.

Once they were in the city limits, they were bombarded by the sights and sounds of the city. Everywhere they walked, they would hear the vendors call out their wares and prices. Ponies and Saddle Arabians alike began to brag about mystical items or fine rubies. These came as a rather boring sight to Rainbow Dash as the pangs of boredom swept over her. Various moments went by where she could hear someone offering ‘official element of harmony necklaces’ and the like.

Pinkie, meanwhile, was enthralled at all that she was seeing. The world around her capturing her and drawing her in. As she looked down one alley way to see if there was another shop, she paused and looked up, “My ear’s burning. That means a colt is sad... this way!”

“What? Pinkie!” Dash shouted as she followed Pinkie Pie down the alley and into a small courtyard where a little colt was sitting next to a fountain, crying.

Pinkie Pie sat next to the foal and placed her hoof on his shoulder, “Hey little guy, why are you crying?”

“The ig dumb jerks at school, they keep laughing at me and picking on me,” the colt said, whimpering, “They say I’m stupid for believing in the impossible.”

“Aw, that’s just silly. You shouldn’t be made fun of just because you believe in something that doesn’t exist,” Pinkie said smiling.

“Dash shrugged, “Yeah, I mean, what could be so imposs-”

“I made a wish that it would snow hee,” the colt said.

“What?” Dash asked in a monotone voice.

The colt swung his forelegs over the side of the fountain and sighed, “I wasn’t born here, I was born in Equestria. My parents and I would always make a Hearth’s Warming wish every year. This is the year I am going to be spending in Saddle Arabia and I was,,,I guess I was just a little homesick. So, I made a wish out loud that it would snow here, because I was told that if you believe in something hard enough that it would come true. The kids heard me and that is when they started to make fun of me. But, I don’t care, I know it will snow here one day and the n they can see how beautiful snow can be.”

Dash looked at the hopeful look in the young colt’s eyes and shook her head, “Kid...I don’t how to tell you this, but-”

“Dang straight it will snow here one day!” Pinkie said. Smiling she bounced away, “Just belive with all of your heart and look at the sky tonight and you wil see the biggest blizzard ever!!!”

“YAY!” the colt said, running off.

Dash watched the colt run away and then grabbed Pinkie by the fur, “Pinkie, what the buck are you saying! You know for a fact that it can’t snow here!”

“Why not?” Pinkie asked with a giggle.

“First, the ground here is too hot, the snow melts when it hits the sand. Second, we pegasi can’t get clouds over here to make it snow, heck I don’t even know how they make it rain here. IT can’t be done, it’s impossible!” Dash growled.

Pinkie chuckled, “Dashie, have you forgotten? We beat the devil, redeemed Discord, and stopped a legend. We do the impossible all of the time. You make the impossible happen every time you make a rainboom.”

“Yeah, I guess we are awesome squared,” Dash said with a cocky shrug.

“So, making it snow where it can’t should be easy,” Pinkie said.

“Ok, how?” Dash asked.

With a smirk, the pink pony broke from Rainbow Dash and started to shout, “OH look at us! We’re fighting, and angry. OOOOOOOH, I am just so hate filled right now. If any being of legend waned to turn it snowy, they better do it now!”

“Pinks, what are you doing?” Dash asked.

“Trying to summon a Windigo! They feed on hat and anger right” Pinkie asked.

“I don’t think it works like that,” Dash said, only to shake her head when Pinkie tried to shiver, “And that isn’t helping either. We need a bigger plan.”

“Maybe the map should’ve sent Twilight with us. Then she could’ve-”

“What, magik us up a blizzard?” Dash asked. She shook her head, “This a weather problem, Pinkie. Which means it needs me. But what we need is a plan, something to make it snow around here. We need cold, snowflakes, and enough clouds to make it happen.”

Pinkie looked up at the clouds, and then back to Rainbow Dash. With a big smile, pinkie gasped, “Dashie...I have an idea.”


That night in the city square, Pinkie Pie stood on top oa large tower, hoisting up a large heart light, “Hey, everypony, if you could look at the heart please!!!” When she has had everypony’s attention, she continued, “In Equestria, we have a tradition called Hearth’s Warming eve. It’s a time that we use the warmth in all of our hearts to banish the anger and hatred away from our sight. IT is also the time for us to believe in the impossible. So, as knights of Harmony and the representation of the [princess of friendship, we bring you the impossible!!”

Up in the sky, Rainbow Dash was flying at her fastest speed, behind her vaccum was a long line of clouds that followed her. Strapped to her sides were two large party cannons. A cunning smile crossed Rainbow Dash’s lips as she began to fly around in a circle, making the clouds circle around the sky and gather until they had formed a thick blanket above the Arabians heads. The colt watched this in amazement as the rainbow streak in the sky stopped gathering clouds and flew up into the sky.

Above the cloud cover, Rainbow Dash looked to the blanket of clouds like a stealth bomber. Cracking her neck side to side, she let out a chuckle before beginning to make a strafing run across the clouds, shooting off the party cannons at regular intervals. With each powerful blast of the massive cannons, a shot of snowflakes and snow fired tint e the cloud barrier. More and more Rainbow Dash fired, filing the clouds up with snow until they were ready to burst.

Once the twin cannons were empty, Rainbow Dash shrugged them off her shoulder and flew a little higher until she was in the center of the clouds. Then she flew straight down onto the cloud cover, slamming her hoof into the snow clouds, making them ripple from the force of trhe punch.

Down below, Pinkie smiled with glee as she sat on a rooftop, a cup in her hand. Giggling, she said, “Wait for it...” and then she let out a cheer as the snow began to fall from the clouds.

The colt, watching from his home shouted to his mom and dad, “Mom, pop, look! It’s snowing!!!”

“We did it!!! We made it snow!!!” Pinkie cheered, catching the snow in the cup, and add some syrup as Dash landed and sat next to her. “Told you we could. Snowcone?”

Dash nodded and took the offered treeat, lickng ith, “Ok, you’re right. We can pull the impossible off.” she said, looking at her flank as it began to glow, showing that their mission was complete.

“Because it's hearth’s warming,” Pinkie said. “And my Granny said, that on Hearth’s warming, you can make the impossible happen...as long as you believe.”

Author's Note:

Another year and another song for all of you t listen to.

I do love the idea that the map is a sort of Trouble alert for the heroes. Kind of a way to get ponies to bad spot B. Can't be everywhere, but at least we try.