• Published 19th Dec 2012
  • 1,051 Views, 14 Comments

Stories told on the Hearth - Alchemystudent



Everypony has a story of their hearth's warming days...this is our girls

  • ...
0
 14
 1,051

This is hearth's warming

Twilight slept in her bed in the castle, trying to ignore the faint smell of something sweet in the air. Turning and tossing in her bed, the smell that permuated the castle would not leave her. Angerily, she put a pillow over her face in order to ignore what was intruding in on her peaceful slumber. Then, she heard a faint noise at the foot of her bed, and slowly she got up, only to get a face full of snow. Wiping the snow away she saw a cyan mare laughing on her butt, and an unicorn shaking her head, “Dash, I said get her attention, NOT to wake her up with a snowball!”

“Hahahahahahahhahahahaa! Oh, come on, Sunset,” Dash said, looking to the orange unicorn. “It was funny.”

Twilight slowly wiped the snow from her snout and asked, “S-Sunset?” opening her eyes, she smiled at seeing the yellow uniconr in front of her. Happily she ran up and hugged her friend, “Sunset! What are you doing here? Aren’t you spending the holidays with the others?”

“Yeah, I was but...”

“Are you kicking me out? Do you hate me?” Sunset asked, tears in her eyes.

“Hate you? Heck no,” Applejack said, wrapping her arms around her friend.

Fluttershy smiled, “This is our second Christmas where we are friends, and we want to give you something special.”

“A whole week to spend with the Equestrians,” Pinkie Pie smiled, jumping up from out of nowhere. “Don’t worry, we’ll wait for you to come back.”

Sunset blinked a few times at this news, and then smiled softly, “You guys...”

“So, here I am for a week,” Sunset smiled at Twilight, and was immeaditally hugged in response.

“Oh this is great news,” Twilight said, getting herself out of bed and walking away. Looking at the speeding away Rainbow Dash, the alicorn asked, “Are you going to be sticking around, Dash?”

Rainbow Dash shook her head, “Nah, got waaaay too much hearth’s warming shopping to do. I’ll just let you two have your fun.” and with that, she flew out the window.

Twilight smiled and then turned to look at Sunset, “So, how long ago did you arrived?”

“About an hour ago, I wanted to wake you up with some cookies,” Sunset said, levitating a plate from the top of her head and giving it to Twilight, “I plan on hanging out here until the eve and then use the mirror to come back on Christmas day.”

“Great!” Twilihgt smiled as she walked down the stairs with Sunset, eating the cookie. “You know, I would ask about the others back in your world, but, with as often as you write to me...I feel like I haven’t left.”

Sunset let out a contented sigh as she looked to twilight, “Well, you reached out to me and saved me. You offed me help and redemption and i can’t thank you enough for that. Besides,” she then put her forehead to Twilights and rubbed it, “When i am with you, I feel like I have the little sister I always wanted.”

Twilight let out a little giggle at this before asking, “Speaking of sisters, have you told ‘mom’ that you came back?”

“N-no, well not yet, but I will. I promise I will, I just want to focus on seeing Ponyville and spending time with you guys for now,” Sunset said as she reached the bottom step. “So, where are the three little parttime students of yours?”

“Applebloom is getting ready to visit Babs in Manehatten this year, Sweetie Belle is going with Rarity to attend a Colortura christmas concert in Neighpon, and Scootaloo is in Canterlot with her parents,” Twilight said as she guided Sunset to the dining area. “OH, this is going to be so much fun! You have to tell me if there are any differences between the worlds.”


Rainbow Dash looked back and forth as she stood on her step, her forelegs crossed. Occasionally, she would look over her shoulder into her living room, and would roll her eyes as she waited. After a few more minutes of waiting, she yelled out, “Gilda, will ya get out here! It doesn’t take fifteen minutes to clean claws and preen wings.”

“Hey,” Gilda grumbled as she walked out, adjusing the scarf around her neck. “Looking this good and this rad takes time, Dashie.”

“Whatever,” the cyan pegasus said with a roll of her eyes. “Come on, I want to raid all of the stores before everypony else does. Then to tell Derpy to set a table for you this Hearth’s Warming.”

Gilda shook her head and sighed, “I don’t know Dash. I mean, when I came here the first time, i did kind of scare...what was her name again? Donky?”

“Dinky, my god daughter,” Dash said, and then placed a hoof onto her shoulders, “But, you lightened up since then. You aren’t such a grump anymore and think of how they are going to flip when they see...” Dash trailed off as she pointed a hoof to the shash hidden under her griffon friend’s scarf.

“You live with a princess just down the street from you, mayor of a city seems kind of low don’t it?” Gilda asked, spreading her wings.

“Mayor of the centerpoint of the whole Griffon empire!” Dash shouted. “Twilight’s cool and all, but Ditzy sees her everyday and doesn’t invite her to hearth’s warming dinner. You are a freaking mayor, that doesn’t happen often.”

Gilda nodded and looked at her sash, “Don’t think I earned it though.”

“You earned it, trust me,” Dash winked at her friend as they both took off from the cloud home. “Now, lets make a brand new first impresson. Its hearth’s warming week and I feel like spending it with an old friend.”


“Come on, smile,” Applebloom said to the earth pony next to her.

Diamond Tiara figited a little, “I am trying to Applebloom, really. Its hard enough doing that without feeling like I am breaking the law by disobeying mother.”

“Wich your dad helped by ‘smuggling’ you out,” Applebloom smirked. “And he distracted your mom with that...dance.”

Diamond Tiara shuddered a little at the thought of the ‘dance’ that her father performed. Looking back at her friend, “But now I have to meet your cousin, who I might remind you threatened me with telling my mother. Then, when she found out about what I did to Scootaloo, threatened to rip my throat out!”

“Ah, you’ll be fine, Ah promise,” Applebloom smiled as she patted her former enemy’s shoulder. She then turned to look at the door as it opened.

“APPLEBLOOM!” Babs seed shouted as she hugged her cousin,moving so fast that she was almost a blur. After a quick nuzzle, Babs smiled, “Ok, you are going to show me that cutie mark later. Then we are going to...what’s she doing here?”

Diamond tiara backed away from the from the glare of Babs’ green eyes. Quickly, she looked away, “I...heard that Applebloom was going to be visiting you guys for a few days and were going to have Hearth’s warming here. So I wanted to join you because....I wanted to apologize for being a monster. And...I wanted to spend a ‘normal’ Hearth’s warming, away from mother.”

Babs growled as she walked closer to the pink filly, looking down at her. Then she egan to speak, “You know, for what you did to Scootaloo, the years of torment you gave my cous, and everything else you did. I ought to rip your guts out and hang you by them! But,” Babs smiled as she placed a hoof onto the earth filly’s shoulder, “It’s Hearth’s warming, time to forgive forget, and to look on ahead, ya know. So come on,” Babs said, walkig away, “ Lets get to know the new you.”

“Told ya,” Applebloom smiled.


Scootaloo waited in the locker room, the pink bow around her neck. The little filly was trying her best to keep quiet as she hid and waited for the stallion to approach. The wait was killing her, driving her insane as she waited for the prey. Within a few short moments, she saw her quarry walking up to the locker, “I m going to unsuit and then go back to-”

“Daddy!” shouted Scootaloo as she jumped from her hiding hole an tackled hugged him.

Swift Arrow back up in surprise and hugged his little girl, “Scoots, what are you- I wasn’t going to come to Ponyville for a few more days.”

A soft smile came to Scootaloo as she was sat down in front of her father, “Yeah, I know, but you always suprise us on Hearth’s Warming, so this time, we thought we would surprise you!”

“We?” asked Swift Arrow, as he looked up and saw a brown pegasus with a purple mane smiling at him. The stallion began to walk slowly to the mare with a smile.

“Oh, I can’t wait dad, a whole week together. i have to tell you all about my cutie mark and...”


And it’s Hearth’s Warming all over again.

A mare looked down at her boss as she put her hooves over ears, “Rarity, when you said you needed to take your sister to a concert, I was expecting a little something less...rocking.”

“Well, Sassy, just look,” Rartiy smiled, pointing her hoof down to the little filly who was singing and dancing to the music. “Sweetie Belle was so looking forward to this concert.”

Sassy Saddles sighed an watched the show, “Still , why did you invite me?”

“Because, you said your family wouldn’t be making it,” Rarity smiled to her friend.

Before Sassy could reply wiht a thank you, there was a booming voice ver the the stadium, “Thank you, and I want to thank Shappire shores for the help in that song,” Colortura said, smiling in the lights. “I also want to thank Canterlot Carusel for the help in the cosrumes for this concert. As a matter of fact, the propietor made a special request to have a speial filly sing with me her favorite song. Will Sweetie Belle com to the stage?”

The little white filly gasped in happiness, her eyes wide as she ran to the stage. Standing next to the songstress, she smied softly and began to sing.

I’m dreaming of a
Heath’s Warming
Just like ones I use to knw...


As Sweetie Belle began to sing, Rarity looked to be employee and smiled, “Worth it?”

“Worth it,” Sassy smiled.


“So, your world’s version of Santa Hooves, is a guy wiht a big white beard and has Reindeer pull the sliegh? “ Twilight asked.

Sunset giggled and smiled, “I know, weird right? Of coure, the funny part is, as soon as the girls found out magic is real, Pinkie had to ask.”

Twilight spat out the hot chocolate that she had been drinking, “No way, you can’t be serius. She didn’t.”

“Twilight, your Pinkie and my Pinkie are very much alike, of course she did!” Sunset giggle.

Twilight smiled, “It doesn’t seem that there is too much different between our holidays.”

“No, there isn’t. I mean, its similar right down to-” a knok on the door interrupted Sunset,. “I’ll get it.” the yellow unicorn smiled and walked to the door, opening it.

“Twilight, I want tosee...you,” Celestia paused as she saw Sunset Shimmer standing there before her.

“Princess...”Sunset trailed off.

Twilight smiled and drank her hot chocolate, “Yes, we arent so different. This is hearth’s warming after all.”

Author's Note:

Welcome back to my yearly tradition and look...we have some new guests. Oh, season 5 was a goldmine for great ideas and wonderful stories. It doesn't help that it was an excellent season.