• Published 16th Dec 2012
  • 1,410 Views, 14 Comments

Top Gun - ru771an

  • ...
13
 14
 1,410

Letters (extended)

A/N Italics are for thoughts; Bold writing is for important information. This is a first Person Spitfire fiction that was inspired by the move “Top Gun” and the latest My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, season 3 episode seven. And all of the accent and shortened words are intended. And any images that arnt shown as they are but are represented, open in a new window/tab.

I own everything as such everything is copy righted to me.
Please don't read this fiction story if you only expect the best spelling and grammar, I have never taken an English class and have learnt all of my words off the internet.

One more thing, this is a more edited version with a longer chapter and stuff. A/N End.

Top Gun: The most prestigious item awarded to the best graduate of the Wonder Bolt academy. THE ITEM. The one which I am destined for. I’m not letting anypony get in my way of that glorious coveted badge. The current captain of the Wonder Bolts doesn’t have it, hmm.
I’m going to be both…the title of Wonderbolts captain with the prestigious Top Gun.
Bring it on world! Spitfires a-comin’ for ya!

17 YEARS Before the events of MLP FIM.
Chapter one. “Letters”.

I tossed and turned in my bed, dreaming of hot stallions like I always do, when Mum woke me up rudely. She’s a pinkish mare with blue eyes, doesn’t look anything like my gorgeous self.

“Hey honey”. Her brittle voice pierced my dreamy state and I woke up quickly, opening my eyes slowly, I looked at my mother with a look of disbelief on my face. I mean, it’s not even the middle of the day yet and I’m expected to get up according to this old mare?. What gives? Cant she see that I am NOT an early pony like she is?.

“Mum do you know what time it is?”. I groaned heavily and rolled over, my face on my pillow. I wasn't bothering for an answer anyway.
“Spitfire…..”She used my name meant that she wasn’t happy at all with my attitude. She only ever uses my name when she angry. But seriously I should be grumpy.
“Yes mother?” I answered sarcastically to piss her off, and it worked because she now had a annoyed expression.

An awkward silence descended my room.

“Its 10:15 in the morning and you have been up hours ago, breakfast is on the table downstairs, you father was out for work earlier this morning, I'm going out now”. My mother decided to change the conversation and somehow replaced the annoyed look on her face with a grin.
“Don’t forgot to take out the trash, bye!”.

And she left, just like that, leaving me in the middle of my large blue bed, half asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometime later, it could have been hours, or just a few minutes before I decided to get my flank out of bed and eat something. Summoning the will to get up first, I took off my bed sheets that were tangled against my hooves and then proceeded to swing one set off the side, followed by the other.

“Ugh, mothers”. I cursed as I opened my door and walked downstairs slowly. Not going to take a look in the mirror because I look awful, I’ll take a look when I've eaten.

“I know I look bad at the moment” I reached the kitchen and tried really hard not to look at the massive mirror that sat on the surface island of my houses large kitchen, its well-equipped and I make regular use of the food and drinks there when I bring a good looking Stallion over from college. Did I mention I am the most beautiful pony there?, seriously the colts bend over backwards for me. Not one of them can resist my advances, a single flutter of my eyelashes, a good look of this pair of stunning rich orange eyes that bore deep into their heart and snatch its attention and the poor guy is mine forever.


Well not forever, a single night if they manage to get me in bed, or take Miss Spitfire to the movies, I dump them afterwards because they don’t shut up or are too boring. Spitfire I really like you, maybe we should discuss a relationship together?., they say. The answer will always be no. Seriously none of them are fiery material like me, none of them are good enough for moi. I've heard them talk about me, some of em’ have fallen in love with me, might be my lovely amber and orange mane that flows when I walk, my gorgeous gold coat that glints in the sunlight. Or maybe just because they want to rut me, with the way males feel about mares at our age, I'm betting that is what they want the most about me.

Too bad boys, you aint gettin any of this.





I know, I’m beautiful, I could be a super model when I'm older, I could be the next big hit in the magazines for my age group. The headlines all over Equestria, “Spitfire the teenage beauty”.
That’s me, Spitfire, the next big thing to hit. With such strong wings that my body has, come on. Tell me who can challenge me? Nobody.

Well maybe my empty stomach. I finished my self-appeasement session and sat down on the table that sat in the middle of my parents kitchen.
“Just toast?”. I asked, noticing that all I had was two slices of basic food. Just toast, basic food for Spitfire today….
Is mum having a joke? There’s no way I can get through the day with only two portions of food!, I mean seriously?.

Eventually after a long debate if I was able to get through a busy day of my life on such a minimum amount of food, I went for broke and eat that toast, less than ten seconds it took. I can be fast if I want.

And then, I heard the bell for our front door. A low 100year old wail that my parents insisted on keeping. It always pissed me off whenever I heard it, and now was no difference.
*DING! DING! DING!*
It rang a second time and I hopped of my chair, cursing everything at the annoying ringing. I quickly made my way out of the kitchen and ran down the hallway because I hated the insistent ringing of that bell.

I got to the front door in record time, opened it and to my surprise, a mail Pegasus stallion was there instead of the usual mail filly that was pressed by her parents to get a job and that’s what she chose.

“Um hi?”.I shifted on my front hooves, unable to say anything. I wasn’t really bothered whatever he was going to give me. Probably for mum and dad or something to do with the gas board or….wait.

Does my mane look bad?.
“Does my mane look bad?” I asked with a bored expression on my face while he rooted through his mail sack and didn’t bother to pay attention to my question, he then bought out a letter. I couldn’t be arsed more because at the moment I felt very self-conscious if even a single hair was out of place, I don’t mind have it ruffled or anything, a wild look is good for the colts but bed hair in the morning really irritates me.

“Miss Spitfire I presume?”. The mail pony asked, intent on getting his mail through.
“Yeah, the most gorgeous mare in Equestria, that for me?”. I asked, giving him my full attention.
“A letter, bye”. He said before taking off like a lightning storm.

“My mane does look bad doesn’t it!”. I grunted, watching him fly away on another errand, I picked up the letter and opened it.
Now I wasn’t expecting it to be much, maybe just another boring old stupid invitation to a flight school or something where I can “train my skills”. I have enough skills to be a Wonderbolt! I have the skills to be TopGun!.
“Dear Miss Spitfire”. I lazily read the top of the letter and prepared to throw it away, expecting it to be a another bullshit one.
“We are happy to inform you that you have been accepted”.

WHAT.
I quickly scanned through the contents, fearing that this letter was IT.
“Into the Wonderbolts academy for skilled flyers”. I continued reading to myself and then stopped.
My heart beat raised itself dramatically and I was bolted awake.
“Into the WONDERBOLTS!, YESYESYES!!!”.I moaned happily in delight and raced inside. My spirits now lifted by the sudden revelation.
“Ohmygosh ohmygosh oh my gosh”.I continued as I felt the best in my life, giddy as a drunk lightweight but happy as anything.
It didn’t take long for me to brush my mane. Despite its gorgeousness it’s surprising soft and easy to do. A quick shower (by my standards) afterwards, I then got packed, but all the essentials in saddlebags, got the letter and its application form. Left a note telling my parents where I would be and then locked the house.

I stood outside, the wind had gotten heavier, which was perfect for flying conditions which meant that I wouldn’t have to use as much wingpower, not that I need that much wingpower to get along of course.
I grinned, looked back at the shambling house of mine and knew that when I next had a home, it would be huge and like a mansion of the sky. That’s what the best have and I am the best.

“Well time to go”. I opened my wings and let them be ruffled by the wind, the air current sent electric pulses down my wings and I left them extend further to their full width.
“The wings of champions heh”. With a determined look I set off into the air streams and made my way to the Wonderbolt academy.
“In just a few short hours, they are gonna’ be knocked off their hooves, watch out for THE SPITFIRE!”. I laughed as I knew.

They haven’t seen nothing yet.


********************************
(Some time later, in the region of maybe five minutes because I have no sense of time :P )

I love the Wonderbolts, despite my intentions to depose the captain and gain his status I do truly love them, having even a school mares crush on the fast and agile second in command of their team, his name was Havok and is a large Pegasus with massive wings, silver body and a heavy set black mane. I met him once and got his autograph! A sacred item for me and in its own special portait, on my wall at home, just in front of my bed so I can happily look at him when I go to bed and get up in the morning. A brilliant position which clearly I have thought of.

But my target? The Wonderbolts captain position, which is held not by the star of their team which is Firestorm but it is kept in chain by one of the biggest ponys I have ever seen in my life, his name is Fulcrum and this stallion is just huge, not the best looker in the world but he makes up for that with sheer strength. Last time I heard his wings were bigger than Princess Celestia's herself.

"Hey watch out where your going!". A heavy but soft male voice distracts me from my overdrive thinking and knowledge about the glorious Wonderbolts and I avoid a balloon that has drifted in my flight path, I quickly regain my place with a few expert wing movements and soon I am back on track.

"Hey". The same voice again appears from my left and I slow down, before catching a glimpse of my verbal saviour. Unsurprisingly I catch him starting at my ass, I glare at him for a few seconds before noting his features, this stallion has a blueish coat, light blue. Almost grey with big wings, larger than average and quite sexy....mmm.

I can tell that he is roughly the same age as me, because he is staring intently at my ass.
"My face is up here". I giggle as he blushes heavily and strains to pull his face away from my nicely toned features.

"Uh nice cutie mark...". He mumbles, most likely trying to think of an excuse.

I fly closer to him and decided to have a bit of fun.
"So what's your name....handsome". I push my face closer to his and stare into his eyes, I give him my best flirty grin.
"Uhhh Soarin". The colt with a name tries to maintain eye contact with me but fails miserably in doing so, he turns away. I decide to pro long the convosation by asking him a few questions, why I am SO interested in what hes doing, I don't know. I am bored probably.
"So SOARIN, what are you doing right now?".
"Going to the Wonderbolts academy".

What.
Are you serious?. He cant even maintain eye contact with me!. Let alone get to be a Wonderbolt.

I feel frustrated and fly away, annoyed that he thinks he has a chance to get into the elite of flyers despite those big sexy wings of his, toned body and athletic features...

Brain.
Stop.

As I fly away I can hear him calling at me. I decide to ignore it.

Author's Note:

If everything goes well then Ill have another chapter out soon, if not then any constructive criticise is accepted.
Like,comment if you want more!. I'm happy to put this as more important over my fanfiction.
The author notes are at the beginning because they are important.
Thanks for reading.