• Published 16th Dec 2012
  • 736 Views, 13 Comments

The Story Of Violet Runner - Violet Runner



The story of how Violet Runner went from working on airships in Manehattan, to working in a small shop in Ponyvile, then moving into a warehouse in the mountions.

  • ...
2
 13
 736

Chapter 2

It had almost been a week since Violet Runner had moved into his new shop in Ponyvile and most of his stuff from Manehattan had arrived already. But there was still a lot that still needed to arrive. The bell above the door rang signaling that somepony had entered the shop.

“Welcome to Steam & Clockworks, how can I help you?” Violet said looking up from the clock he was tinkering with.

“Hello, I heard that you were a master craftspony.” A white unicorn mare with a violet mane said as she looked around the shop.

“That’s me, what can I do for you?” He asked.

“Well, you see I, own The Caracole Boutique just up the street and one of my sewing machines seems to have stopped working. So I was wondering if you could have a look at it.” She said walking up to the counter.

“Sure, I can have a look.” Violet said clearing a space on the counter.

“Thanks, Oh Spike?” The violet manned mare called.

A baby purple and green dragon walked into the store pulling a wagon with a sewing machine behind him.

“Right here Rarity.” The baby dragon said as he stopped beside her.

“Thank you Spike.” Rarity said as she levitated the sewing machine onto the counter.

“All right, let see now.” The craftspony said as he as he probed the sewing machine with his magic.

“Well?” Rarity asked when Violets magic died down.

“It looks like a few of the gears are out of alignment and it needs a new fan belt.” Violet said as he adjusted his goggles with his hoof. “But it shouldn’t be too hard to fix.”

“That’s good. So when can I expect it done?” Rarity asked.

“Well I’m expecting an order of replacement parts tomorrow morning so I should have it done by noon.

“That would be perfect darling. Now about payment?” The tailor pony asked.

“Well, I haven’t really set up a price system for repairs yet, but how dose ten bits sound?” Violet said as wrote up a claim check.

“That sounds lovely; oh I’m sorry I didn’t catch your name.” Rarity said apologetically.

“It’s Violet Runner, Ms. Rarity was it?” He said as he finished off the claim check.

“That’s correct. Well it was nice meeting you Violet Runner.” The white unicorn said as she picked up the claim check and put her bits on the counter.

“Likewise.” Violet said as she left the shop with spike following behind her. “Well, she seemed nice.” He then started to take the coverings off the sewing machine and began to carefully take some of the gears off.


“Hello? Is anypony here?” A grey Pegasus mare called as she came around the building.

She heard some noises come from the garage so decided to investigate. When she looked inside she saw a tan unicorn wearing brown goggles, a black vest, a white dress shirt and black pants working on some type of contraption.

“Ok, fire’s going, water’s boiling, turbines spinning, pistons working, meter red. Wait a minute, METER RED?!” Violet said looking at the pressure gage and seeing that the needle was in the red zone.

“Um, excuses me, sir?” The gray mare said a little worried.

“Hit the deck!” He yelled as he ran out and tacked the poor Pegasus.

A blast of smock and steam rushed past them as the machine Violet was working on exploded.

“Sorry about that.” Violet said coughing as he got off the grey Pegasus.

“No problem. Are you Violet Runner?” The Mare asked as she got up and dusted herself off.

“Yep, what can I do for you?” He said as he turned the fan on in the garage.

“I have a package for you, so if you could sign here.” She said as she pulled a clip board out of her bag as well as a couple of muffins. “Muffin?” She said offering him one.

“Sure, thanks.” The tan unicorn said as he levitated the clip board over to himself and signed it. He then passed the clip board back to the mail mare and took the muffin offered to him.

“No problem. Here’s your package.” The gray Pegasus said handing it to him. “See you later.” She then took off to deliver more mail.

“Let’s see, I hope that it’s that order of spare parts so I can finish Ms. Rarity’s sewing machine on time. I’ve been waiting all day for them to arrive.” Violet said as he opened the package and sure enough inside was a bunch of gears and fan belts.

Violet checked his watch and saw that he had a few minutes before Rarity was due to pick up the sewing machine, so he went back inside his shop with the parts to finish the job.


The bell above the door rang and Rarity walked in just as Violet finished polishing the sewing machine.

“Well, hello Ms. Rarity. You're just in time; I just finished fixing your sewing machine.” Violet said putting down the rage. “I even polished it up for you a bit.”

“Why thank you darling. By the way I heard there was an explosion here earlier, are you alright?” Rarity asked with a concerned look on her face.

“You heard about it huh? Ya I’m alright, my clothes got a little singed though.” He said as he levitated the sewing machine into the small wagon she was pulling.

“Well that’s good to hear. Anyway I best be off, I have a large order to fill and it should go smoothly now that you fixed this sewing machine. Good day.” She said as she tuned to leave.

“Good day.” Violet said as Rarity left the shop.

When she was gone Violet but up a small sign that said “closed. Will be back at 3:00pm” and went back to his garage.

“Ok, note to self; Hydrogen explodes REALLY EASILY!” He said as he looked at the half destroyed garage. Luckily nothing was broken, except for the failed experiment of course. .

Violet then proceeded to start cleaning up the garage and get everything ready for his next experiment. As Rarity entered her shop she heard another explosion coming from Steam & Clockworks and sighed shaking her head a little.

Author's Note:

What do you guys think of the story so far?