• Published 16th Dec 2012
  • 736 Views, 13 Comments

The Story Of Violet Runner - Violet Runner



The story of how Violet Runner went from working on airships in Manehattan, to working in a small shop in Ponyvile, then moving into a warehouse in the mountions.

  • ...
2
 13
 736

Chapter 7

“Thank you so much for coming over darling.” Rarity said as Violet entered the Carousel Boutique.

“No problem. So what was it you wanted to speak to me about?” He asked looking around the shop.

“Well I was hoping you could help me with the boiler, it seems to be on the frits and every repairpony I’ve called can’t seem to find the problem. And seeing as you have experience working with such things I was hoping you could have a look at it.” She said as she led him down into the basement.

“Alright I’ll have a look at it.” Violet said as they walked down the stairs.


“So how’s your friend Derpy doing?” Rarity asked well Violet worked around the boiler trying to find the problem.

“She’s doing great; she was let out of the hospital this morning.” He said as he turned a couple of knobs.

“That’s good to hear. Anyway any luck finding the problem?” She asked.

“I think so.” Violet said as he turned a knob be for reaching into his sattle bag and pulling out a monkey wrench then unscrewing a pipe. “Here’s you problem.” He said as he pulled a toy mouse out of the pipe with his magic.

“So that’s where that went. Opalescence will be so happy to get it back.” Rarity said and as if on cue a white cat jumped in the air and grabbed the toy mouse out of his magical grip and walked away.

“Alright I think that should do her.” He said as he put the pipe back and turned some knobs on the boiler and hit it with a wrench before the pressers gage went into the red.

The boiler sprang to life as little burst of steam escaped it. Violet packed his tools away and they walked back up stairs.

“By the way I couldn’t help notice the makeup you’re wearing. It really brings out your eyes.” Violet complemented.

“Thank you darling, it’s this new make up all the way from Minatare territory. It’s made from Sulfur, Led, and Charcoal.” She explained. “It real goes well with this Saltpeter based perfume.”

“Well it looks really nic-, Wait a minute; did you say that you’re wearing Sulfur, lead, Charcoal and Saltpeter?” He asked with a worried tone.

“Yes I did, why?” Rarity asked raising an eyebrow.

“Those are the ingredients for Gun Powder!” Violet said warningly.

“What! Oh my, I guess I should do my best to avoid any open flames for a while.” She said walking over to a sink to wash the explosive makeup off.

“I’ve heard of being drop dead gorges but this is ridiculous.” He said with a laugh. “Anyway if that’s everything I have to get back to my shop and finish packing for my trip to Manehatten.”

“Alright. Thanks again for coming over.” Rarity said once she had gotten the explosive substance off her face. “and thanks for the warning about the makeup.”

“No problem.” Violet said as he left the shop and headed back to his.

He’s such a nice stallion.” Rarity thought to herself watching him walk away. “Handsome too.” She added before walking back into her store.


“Alright, I got everything packed. Time to lock up and head to the train station.” Violet said to himself as he locked the door to his shop and headed down to the train station.

When he got there though he saw a large crowed of angry customers standing along the platform.

“What’s going on?” He asked.

“The train to Manehatten broke down.” A dark blue Earthpony stallion said.

“What?” Violet said as he made his way to the front of the crowed.

“I don’t understand, I just gave this thing an over hale last week!” The Engineer, a grey unicorn mare with a steam engine cutie mark, said coming out of the Engine Room. “Looks like the router shot,” She said to the conductor. “I’ll have to get a new one.”

“Um… Mind if I take a look?” Violet asked recognizing the type of engine.

“Eh! Don’t touch anything.” She said coldly. ‘I’ll be right back.”

Once she turned around Violet walked into the Engine Room, tuned a few knobs on the boiler and hit it with a wrench before the pressers gage went into the red and the engine sprung to life.

“She Lives!” The Conductor cried happily.

“Hey! What did you do?” The Engineer asked walking over to him.

“Well this train has an RA7-16 Engine, I used to work on RA7-18 Airship Engines *sniff* back in Manehatten. Now the whole RA7 line has always been a little temperamental so sometimes you just got to; Boom!” He said banging his hooves together for emphases.

“Ya, ya, thank you very much. Now get on the train so we can leave.” She said pushing him to the side and walking back into the engine room.

Violet quickly bought a ticket and got on the train just before it left the station. He took a seat by a window and watched the scenery go by as the train picked up speed. After a couple of hours the train finally pulled into Manhattan’s central train station. From there he caught a trolley down to the Industrial District.

“Ah, the old neighborhood.” Violet said with a slight cough as the scent of sulfur and other pollutions entered his nose.

He walked along the narrow streets and alleyways until he finally reached his destination. He knocked on the door and Iron Thorn opened it.

“Hey, Violet it’s great to see ya. Come in, come in.” The old stallion said moving so violet could enter.

It’s good to see you to Iron. How have you been holding up?” He asked as Iron closed the door behind him.

“I’m doing alright. How about yourself, how you liking your new place in Ponyville?” Iron asked.

“I’m doing good. I’ve made a couple of friends, worked on and completed a few projects.” Violet said as they entered the living room.

“That’s good.” Iron said taking a seat.

“So what was it you wanted to talk about?” He asked doing the same.

“Oh I just wanted to catch-up see how you were doing.” He said scratch the back of his neck. “So how’s your sex life?”

Author's Note:

Props to anypony who can get all the references in this chapter.