• Published 20th Dec 2012
  • 5,019 Views, 61 Comments

Family Ties - The Blackcuno



Separated due to unforseen events at birth, Twilight finds out that a certain changeling has more in common with her than fist meets the eye

  • ...
20
 61
 5,019

Chapter 5 - The Wrong Conclusions

“Are you going to be okay Evening?” Shining asked trying to stem some of the green blood from escaping the changelings abdomen.

“I have been better yes. But thanks for asking” she replied. Her voice shaking as she did, She was in a lot of pain of course but thanks to her chitin she didn't have to worry too much about her spine being broken. just a heap of pain and thanks to Shining's lack of medical magic forcing her to wince every time she breathed .

Amaryllis smirked as the Changelings fitted Twilight with what appeared to be a saddle like carapace. She didn’t resist as it was lowered onto her back and the segments underneath latched around her midsection like a clasp. They shut tight around her waist never to be removed by normal means.

“What are you doing to her?” Cadance demanded. The queen laughed, but it was Evening that answered.

“That’s a Drone harness. She is converting Twilight-“she coughed up a lot more blood “-into a drone”

“You will pay, if that works “Shinning stated. Amaryllis lofted up another batch in her TK field, each one coloured depending on who it was destined to wear it. One was light blue, metallic blue, pink, silver, orange, metallic yellow.

“The elements of harmony will be of no use when they follow my commands” she said. The queen looked down as the violet coat of the drooling Twilight began to darken into a black carapace. “Ah so it begins. Watch as she becomes one with the hive”

They watched as the purple saddle like carapace latched in and flicked out a pair of translucent green insect wings. The black carapace marched like an army of ants as it crawled over her form, assimilating her fur and replacing it with bug like armour. her head held up by one of the changelings as the black armour came up to her neck, allowing for her mane to part for the classic spines of the changelings, hidden underneath her mane. They watched as the last vestiges of her body were coated. They watched as it reached her eyes. Instead of becoming pools of pure colour, they remained the same but became cat like.

“Now then, Sparkle. Who is your queen?” she asked walking up to the now changeling Twilight. She ran her holey hoof down her cheek; Twilight didn’t even flinch as she did.

“You are my queen” she replied in a slight insect like voice. Her voice lacked any emotion.

“Good. Take this and saddle Shining Armour. Prove that you are mine to control forever” she said, handing her the light blue one. She nodded and walked up to the now restrained Shining armour. As she loomed over him, he looked into her unfeeling eyes.

“Twili, please don’t do this listen to me!” Shining said, almost wavering in his tone. “This isn’t you”

“But it is” she replied. Shining looked confused as it lacked the insect like tone from before. His eyes went wide as she winked at him, eyes flicked back to normal. “I cannot do this Amaryllis”

“What?” She said alongside Shinning Armour at the same time.

It was at this point, Twilight turned around, eyes pools of red rather than the cat like ones she had seconds before. Black carapace began to crack like caked blood and violet flames began to pour out the cracks. She poured more magic into it and with a fiery violet explosion the shell around her was vaporised in a blinding light.

Amaryllis covered her eyes as the light began to fade she stood back wings out in fear. Twilight was back to some semblance of normality. Her entire form was covered in Violet flames that burnt away the goo on the floor. A pair of red eyes looked out from where they would have been. A Pair of Flaming wings erupted from her back that looked more akin to that of a phoenix than a Pegasus.

“You tried and failed to convert me and my family. Now you get the flames” she said, flames roaring like jet engines. She crouched down and like a wolf howling, she aimed up screamed in rage upwards.

Pillars of violet flames erupted from nothing and in circles around Twilight. She continued until all the goo was flash burnt to nothing, including the pods that held her friend and Celestia.

Shinning was shocked but felt a feeling of warmth and not a burning sensation as he had thought. Evening Star felt the flames lick her wounds healing them instantly and even re-invigorating her drained form. Cadance found that she free of the goo holding her down. Celestia landed at her side flicking some ash off her form with the rest of the main six landing neatly on the ground without any pain.

After around 30 more seconds, Twilight stopped and looked down towards Amaryllis. Her flame armour had died down revealing the mare underneath.

“What kind of magic is this? No pony is capable of such magic in this day and age” Amaryllis said. It was not Twilight that responded to the comment but Celestia.

“The power of fire Queen Amaryllis” Celestia said, she strode up to Twilight. “My student how are you doing this though, I thought that I had contained that magic of yours-”

The response was less than friendly telekinetic blast of violet magic, as she was sent flying into a pillar. Shinning and Cadance gasped at the rather brutal response to the question.

“I will speak with you later Princess. For now, I have a changeling to beat. Girls you ready to use the elements on this one?” she asked. They looked at her sheepishly and nodded, each taking a position next to her, two on her right and three on her left.
Her eyes became pools of pure white light this time and she levitated off the ground, flames creating what appeared to be a pair of wings behind her as her friends also levitated alongside her. Around their necks appeared their respective elements. Her crown appeared on her head, but warped slightly to account for her new found magic.

“The element of magic, it has changed?” Shinning asked as he helped up Evening Star.

“No surprises there” Celestia said picking herself up. “I deserved that one actually”

The beam of pure rainbow magic cascaded out of the crown and slammed against the queen who was screaming in pure terror. 5 seconds later the magic cascaded out in a massive expanding bubble that passed through everything, any changeling that it struck, vanished in a sphere of rainbow magic.

Once the magic was complete, the main six landed neatly in a hexagonal pattern.

“Well that's the end of that” Rainbow Dash stated.

None of them noticed that Twilight had passed out standing up and only looked when the sound of metal on tile could be heard as she collapsed in a heap.

“Twilight!” Evening shouted, being restrained by a pair of guards that had come in to find out what had happened.

Another two came rushing in, one carrying a stretcher who stooped to Twilight. Looking up, the guards face was an expression of concern. “You two forget that changeling for a second and get this mare to the med bay ASAP”

“Sarge?” one asked the other who was just as confused.

“Do it sergeant” Shinning said, he looked over at the pair of guards as they let go of Evening. “That one is under my jurisdiction. Get my sister out of here now!”

“Sir” one bellowed as they picked the unconscious mare up and got her onto their stretcher and carted her off.
“Will she be okay?” Pinkie asked. One of the guards shrugged.

“I am unsure Pinkie Pie” he replied, “But she is breathing, that’s the main thing”

“Fear not my little ponies, Twilight is resilient. She did after all resist Amaryllis’s conversion” Celestia said.

“Then if the elements got rid of them all. Why is that one still here?” Rainbow demanded, “Shouldn’t you have gone poof with the rest of them”

“Rainbow Dash, Shut up” Shinning said firmly seeing the fear on Evening face, “I will not have you speak to her like that”

“Whoa Shinning please take a chill pill” Cadance said. She walked over to Rainbow dash, “Shinning has been under a lot of stress. What he meant to say is that Evening Star here is not a normal changeling and thus will remain here until we can decide what we will be doing with her”

“Fine, but I got my eye on you” she said poking the changeling with her hoof to a response of a huff of annoyance.

As the group left leaving only Shining Armour, Cadance and Evening in the room, Evening spoke up as she had been quiet up until that point.

“Why did you not tell them?” she asked, Shining and Cadance gave her a soft smile.

“I don’t think they need to hear it from me or you. If Twilight told them, they will be more understanding” Cadance said. “I know it’s a lot to ask, but could you perhaps get rid of the changeling parts with your magic? For the time being”

“Yeah I can” she said. Azure flames over took her briefly leaving behind a normal unicorn pony. “How this?”

“Better” Cadance replied "For the time being at least"

Author's Note:

So yeah - more to come