• Published 20th Dec 2012
  • 5,019 Views, 61 Comments

Family Ties - The Blackcuno



Separated due to unforseen events at birth, Twilight finds out that a certain changeling has more in common with her than fist meets the eye

  • ...
20
 61
 5,019

Breaking Down the Walls

Chapter 4 – Breaking down walls

“Submit to my will little one, you cannot resist. Your friends and family have abandoned you” the voice echoed through Twilight's head again, For the fifth time in the last hour, she ignored it for the sixth time that hour. She had woken up inside some kind of cave with goo walls and pods all over. Each housed a wide eyed pony, each staring at her, seemingly inviting her to join them.

The air was thick with the smell of necrotic flesh which mad her throat contract and her stomach churn from the smell. Twilight had tried to cast a bubble around her head to block out the smell, but all she got was fatigue and no bubble. She had shaken off the fatigue, but the pod seemed to call to her.

“You do not wish to smell? Take a nap in the pod. Join the sleepers in my eternal embrace” the voice said messing with the wording again. “You will hear the song of love from the changelings if you do, it can be quite relaxing”

She ignored it again and continued down the corridor and into what appeared to be a huge chamber. Each part of the circular wall was covered in ponies of all shapes and sizes, each looking at her with blank, expressionless eyes.

She shuddered at the whole thing and noticed that in the center on a dais was a lone pod, open and inviting her to join them. Whispers of love, admiration and friendship wafted in the wind should she join the ranks of hypnotized ponies. She shook her head and tried to speak, but found her throat dry and talking to be too harsh for it.

“Twilight join us. Your sister, brother and sister in law are all here” it said as three pods lit up, on the ground floor. Twilight rushed up to them and noticed that it was Cadance, Shining Armour and Evening star. Each in their own pod each looked at her with no expression on their faces aside from contentment. “See how happy they are here in my embrace. Why deny that of yourself?”
She rolled her eyes and backed away from the pods. Shaking her head, she refused to believe this.

‘She is resisting you changeling. Back off before I get involved’ another voice echoed through the chambers, ‘Twilight please listen to me alone; There is a way out, but you need to trust me’

“Trust her? She constricted you magic, betrayed your family and took away your sister!” the voice replied.

‘Ignore her Twilight. I am not the one who bound you; I am the bound magic that is yours. There is a way out, the central dais in that pod. I know you don’t trust me, but listen. Think about my voice alone as you enter and you will be able to meet me’ the other voice replied. It was female and almost exactly like Twilight's own voice. ‘Then you can get payback against Amaryllis, and Celestia if you desire’

Twilight looked back and walked up to the pod running a hoof over the surface that made her twitch at the touch.

“Or you could just give in to temptation. Join your family in eternal bliss, no pain, no suffering only love and happiness. You saw how happy your sisters and brother was. Imagine, a world like that every pony working as one for a single goal”

Twilight walked up to the upright pod. The cocoon was simply open at the top where a pony could slip into easily and where the screen would be after the goo crystallized over it. Sighing she knew that the only way was to listen to one of them. Climbing up to the dais, a set of stairs shot up to allow her access to the pod.

Breathing out a sigh, she let her back legs slip into the pod, then her waist and the rest of her body. Leaning back, she watched as the goo began to cascade over her face. It felt cool and oddly like water.

“Let’s hope this works then” she said. Her mind emptied as the last of the goo filled her in, she drifted into a relaxed state and began to think about the voice. She shut her eyes as the goo covered them and the rest of her.

Twilight’s eyes bolted open as she found herself oddly upright, but not encased in goo, but rather what appeared to be light orange flames. Raising her eyebrow she moved her hoof out in front of her, the flames followed her hoof. Keeping it wreathed in flame, hiding the colour underneath.

Letting herself fall onto her hooves she looked around to see deep gray trees, each was aflame with orange fire that seemed not to burn the tree, but be a part of the actual tree. She noted that her whole body was wreathed in the flames, but oddly enough it wasn’t hurting her but keeping her warm instead.

‘I can see you Twilight Sparkle’ the voice said; this time coming from a distinct direction other than everywhere at once.
Twilight looked towards where it was coming from to find the source of it. She looked to find a clearing ad-midst the flame trees where a rich golden yellow light was being emitted.

She walked along what appeared to be a path of some kind, made from some kind of purple and black stone that was warm to the hoof. Her flame cloak, as she thought of it now, seemed to get more intense the closer she got to the golden light.

As she left the forest and entered the clearing, she stood in awe at what was before her. She was looking at a house sized golden dome.

“What the hay?” she muttered. She could see a shape in the dome walking towards the barrier before stopping. It looked roughly pony like but at the size of Celestia.

“Greetings Twilight” it said, “I wish it was under better circumstances”

“What happened to you?” Twilight asked. The shape tapped the barrier and winced.

“I have been locked away from you for the last twenty two years Twilight. I am your true magic. The magic that you should be using and not the watered down stuff you have been forced to use by that bitch Celestia”

“Watered down? You mean like diluted”

The mare nodded and pointed at what appeared to be a small hole, around the size of a small kitten, in the dome. Twilight looked at it and noticed that it was leaking a light orange fluid that changed to purple when it exited the valve. Twilight touched it with her flaming hoof and the flames roared like a jet engine in response, startling the mare and making her hit the floor with her bum.

“That is raw magic. The valve taints it and makes it weaker. Thanks to this dome, it also bottles it up and releases a constant stream” the voice said, swimming up to where Twilight was.

“So how do I free you?” Twilight asked. The figure shrugged, “Great thanks for the help”

“I am the embodiment of your magic held back by this barrier. Like I said your magic is being watered down”

Twilight sat down and pondered it for what seemed like an hour. When she got back up she created a bucket from magic much to the trapped ponies surprise.

“What are you planning?” the being asked.

“Trying something out” she said holding it under the faucet. As it hit the bucket, it retained the health orange rather than the light purple of before. She raised it to her snout and sniffed it. It smelt like oranges. Shrugging, she opened her mouth and guzzled the pure magic in one sitting without stopping.

The flames around her were the first to react. They roared like before changing from orange to a deep purple colour. She breathed out small purple flames and re-looked at the golden magic with added vigor.

“Fight magic with magic” she said, her voice bouncing back with no apparent echo. She walked up to where the valve was and aimed. Her magic cascading into six over glows within seconds of starting to cast then she fired it off. A beam of pure unrestrained magic shot into the faucet, increasing in power as it slammed into the liquid magic coming out. The magic acted like an explosive catalyst for a self replicating magic spell that increased the mass and space of the liquid tenfold.

The result was spectacular to say the least. Twilight watched as the golden dome cracked under the pressure of the self contained, perpetually generating spell. With the sound of unlike anything she ever heard, nor will hear again, the shell exploded sending out a massive tidal wave of orange colored magic.

Twilight stood agape as she was blasted into darkness by the massive wave of liquid magic.

~0~0~

“Twilight Sparkle I thank you so much for freeing me” the voice said. Twilight blinked a few times to see that everything was now a deep orange colour and that she was floating. The voice seemed to come from a shape that came closer.

“What happened?”

“You freed your own magic, now you can use it without the restriction of Celestia’s faucet” it said. Twilight looked at herself and noticed that the flames were gone. “Your fire armour here is no longer needed, but is accessible in the waking world. Thank you for trusting me”

“Fire Armour?”

“Of course; your magic of course is pyrokinetic in nature. like most of your family line you are descended from some of the most potent and destructive pyrokinetic ponies in history”

“No, my talent is magic in general not flames and destruction!” Twilight retorted. The figure snorted. which evolved into a ruckus laughter.“What is so funny about that?”

“Your diluted magic was basic magic. Your true power is Pyrokinetics. You know this, as the last few times you got angry you changed yes?”

“Well yeah, but I thought that-“

“-no pony else can do it” it replied as Twilight felt herself beginning to relax. “You must stop the changelings. Only you can do this”
“But how do –“was all she managed as her mind simply faded to black

Author's Note:

NOTE - Chapter is up i posted to wrong Story - I made Derpy cry and some of my readers :(

I had these written up, but didn't upload because of the quality that i felt was not up to par. if people want, i can upload the chapters in the next few days, but the epilogue is not complete as i had other stories come and go since then. note - i have not had the time IRL to have the chapters edited to a degree that i felt was up to par hence the seriously long delay.