• Published 12th Dec 2012
  • 2,379 Views, 125 Comments

Melting a cold heart - Inferno demon Dash



Doctor Whooves tries to make Derpy Hooves find love underneth her cruel and dark past and heart, before he loses her forever.

  • ...
7
 125
 2,379

Tragic accident in such a joyous celebration

Derpy Hooves sighed loudly as she lifted the second pan of cupcakes onto her back, where another silver tray rested, making sure to secure to them with her wings. She looked over to the Doctor, who had two other similar trays on his back along with her little sister, though the little filly was getting on her nerves by balancing the medium sized tray on her head.

“Stop fooling around, Dinks, and open the door. I don’t want these trays and all my hard work to fall to the ground before we get to the Bakery. You’re pissing me off,” the mare demanded lightly, making the filly’s eyes widen.

Dinky placed the tray gently on her back and headed towards the door, opening it with her right front hoof. She walked out the door, almost dropping the tray.

Derpy face hoofed herself, sighing loudly; she needed a cigarette already, and it was only one p.m. Plus, she just had one an hour ago. With a roll of her eyes, she looked over to the stallion, who smiled at her. She ignored it and followed her sister. The Doctor frowned sadly and walked out the front door, following the two to whatever destination they were heading.

Sugercube Corner was soon in view to Derpy. She grunted, feeling the tray full of the baked good on her lower back beginning to slip. She used a rear hoof to keep it from dropping, and then with a scowl, she continued on their journey.

The three had apparently arrived at the bakery a bit late, because it was in full swing by the time they entered. Music blared from large speakers, complete with a turntable performed by Derpy’s old friend, Vinyl Scratch. Ponies from all over were either rocking to the music with friends, drinking by the tables—the alcohol was set away from the non-alcohol for the younger ones, far enough away so no pony could be tempted to get a sip—or were enjoying the many sweets provided by the shop itself.

Dinky Doo looked around the very well planned out party before her eyes spotted a familiar white furred, blank flanked filly. She jumped in excitement, almost dropping the tray and making Derpy snap at her.

“Watch what you’re doing, Dinks!” she shouted.

Dinky blushed, nodding and slowly trotting over to the dessert table to set her tray down. Without a word, she ran towards her friends, and Derpy sighed loudly with a smile.

Doctor Whooves stood around, waiting for Derpy’s command and looking around awkwardly, not knowing any of the faces before his eyes, save for the mare he had met two hours ago, Rainbow Dash he believed her name was with another mare. She was an orange furred mare with beautiful green eyes and a long blond mane. He assumed she was Rainbow's marefriend, Applejack.

Derpy looked over her right shoulder, nodding her head towards the table filled with tooth rotting goodness. They both calmly walked towards it and set the trays down, making them both sigh loudly now that the hard work was completed.

The Doctor looked at Derpy with an eyebrow raised, signaling her to to make the first move. She, with an embarrassed chuckle, walked to a few ponies that were drinking at one of the many tables, signaling the stallion to follow her. He had no other choice but to comply.

“Hey, everypony,” Derpy called out.

Three heads turned to look at her. One mare with aquamarine fur, golden eyes and a white colored hair streaked with blue, smiled at Derpy as lifted a plastic cup in her blue aura.

“Derpy! I’m glad you could make it. We weren't thinking you would come after that large fight you had with Carrot Top two weeks ago at Twilight Sparkle's birthday party,” the unicorn said with a smirk, making the Pegasus roll her eyes.

“Yeah, well that’s water under the bridge, alright? Doctor, this is Lyra Heartstrings, with her marefriend—sorry, her wife, Bon-Bon, though her real name is Sweetie Drops. And this is my old friend, Golden Harvest, but everypony calls her Carrot Top,” Derpy said in a huff while looking at the Doctor.

“And girls, this is Doctor Whooves. He’s new here from Dodge Junction and has been staying with me during the storm,” she said in a tone that implied she did not want to be talking about him. She muttered something under her breath.

“What was that, Derpy?” Bon-Bon, the one with the light apple greenish coat asked with a frown

Derpy scowled once more and roll her eyes at her ‘friends’.

“Nothing, Sweets,” Derpy replied before telling the four she was going to get a drink, leaving the poor stallion alone with the three polite but very nosy mares.

“So... Doctor, you and Derpy-” Bon-Bon began.

But Doctor shook his head with a red blush forming on his face. “Oh, no. Derpy is just being a helpful mare… well, she was actually forced to help by her sister, but it’s been… fun while it lasted,” he interrupted with a weak smile.

The mare frowned as he chuckled then looked over to the mare in question, who was chatting with a yellow furred, pink maned mare, a drink, no doubt alcoholic in her right wing.

As the three mares bombarded the stallion with their questions, Derpy chatted with Fluttershy, the shy mare having a non-alcoholic drink in her left wing, which she quietly sipped to wet her throat and lips. She laughed when Derpy told her a funny joke involving what happened between her and Carrot Top a week ago.

“So what’s been going on with you, Shy?” she questioned the shy Pegasus, who smiled, a dreamy gaze filling her eyes.

“I’ve fallen in love,” she announced softly, Derpy having to strain her ears to hear the words.

Derpy snorted, never being one for sappy romance, but Fluttershy was an expectation. To do anything to injure the mare would cause almost all of Equestria to rain down their fury on her enemy’s head.

With a sincere smile and polite chuckle, she asked who the mare was this time that the solitude mare’s eyes had caught.

“Um... uh... R-Rarity,” she stuttered with a small 'eep.'

Derpy laughed but then nodded her approval. She was impressed at how Fluttershy had managed to do what she could to get the gorgeous unicorn, with her beautiful white fur, silky purple locks of her mane and tail and enticing dark blue eyes to notice her. After all Rarity was a serious catch to obtain, if one was lucky.

Fluttershy told her how Rarity had to break Spike’s poor heart by denying his offer for dinner. Even though Spike had found romance with Apple Bloom, she still felt awful for shattering the preteen’s ‘love’ in front of his face. However, once he had gotten over it slowly, and she had been forgiven, Fluttershy quietly made her move, doing all she could to make subtle hints at the fashion designer.

To Fluttershy’s disappointment, though, Rarity had never noticed any odd behavior in her dear friend. Derpy wondered if Rarity even liked mares herself. If she did not, then Fluttershy would be crushed…again.

With a loud sigh, and knowing how serious Fluttershy could get once she fallen head over hooves for a pony, she wrapped an arm around her oldest friend.

“No more waiting, Shy. It’s time for you to make your move. You can’t show any hesitation towards the mare that caught your eye, and you have to go after her. You don’t want her to slip out of your hooves like Rainbow did, do you?” she questioned.

Fluttershy winced, and Derpy felt bad for bringing such a sore subject back into topic, but she felt it was necessary for the mare to learn her lesson. If Fluttershy was truly in love with Rarity, then she needed a rough shove in order to ask her out, and to stop being treated like a foal. It was harsh and cold, but Derpy was an expert at being to the point and not beating around the bush.

“You’re right… I… I have to tell her, no more waiting. Thanks, Derpy,” she answered sweetly, a determined look on her face. Giving Derpy a quick hug, she drank all the fruit juice in her cup, asked for a sip of Derpy’s own drink, and taking a small drink, she gave it back to her. She walked over to begin her journey to win Rarity’s heart, with Derpy wishing her luck.

Derpy, mean and brutal as she may be, was always a supporter of her friends, and whether Rarity broke Fluttershy’s heart or not when she made her confession, she would be there for her, as she would for anypony else that needed the help… or just a swift kick in the rear to get moving.

She was about to pray to Celestia that everything would go well for Fluttershy when she caught what her mental words were about to say and shook her head with a rough shake. She snorted loudly, thinking, Gods… who needs them?

With a sigh, she allowed her eyes to wander, wondering who else was at this celebration, enjoying the party. She noticed Octavia, Vinyl Scratch’s roommate and marefriend, talking to one of the Flower Trio sisters and Mrs. Cake by a table that was near her marefriend’s DJ equipment. Derpy heard a rumor that the two might get married that summer, even though Derpy highly doubted she would be invited to.

With a grimace, she let her eyes drift again, seeing Twilight Sparkle, the Element of Magic and the leader of the Elements of Harmony with her marefriend as of three weeks ago, Pinkie Pie, the Element of Laugher. Both were enjoying some cake, along with Spike, who was eating a sapphire cupcake by himself, laughing at one of Pinkie Pie’s recent antics. Right now, Pinkie was putting a spoon on her nose.

Derpy smiled, but then felt as if somepony’s eyes were on her. She turned around and noticed three ponies in the corner of the shop, one stallion and two mares glaring at her.

She notice Berry Punch, Cloudchaser, and Caramel glaring daggers as her. The Pegasus scoffed and glared back, right before Caramel stood from his seat and slowly trotted up to her.

The light amber coated Earth Pony, walked towards Derpy, standing almost nose-to-nose with her.

“Don’t think you were invited to this party, crossed eyes,” he spat coldly, making Derpy narrow her eyes in anger, more than pleased to get in this stallion’s face if he continued to haggle her.

“I think I was, Fumble Hooves,” she said through her teeth.

Caramel took a threatening step towards her, his mouth set in a permanent frown. He held a grudge towards Derpy for her comment that maybe he should have just gone to stallions, seeing as mares never liked him. Being dumped by his old marefriend, Sassaflash, for Thunderlane, Derpy’s own ex-coltfriend, only gave her more to her comment.

Caramel dated Applejack for a while before they gotten into a large argument over her spending more time with Rainbow Dash than himself. This lead the two to break up, which was two months ago.

As such, he hated her and often teamed up with Cloudchaser, Derpy’s old rival and Berry Punch, who despised her for trying politely, in her own terms, of course, to tell her to get off her alcohol addiction and got into a physical fight with the mare. Derpy won, but not after receiving some very large bruises and a broken nose for several weeks, while Berry Punch had been put in the hospital with a left black eye, four teeth being knocked out of her and a broken left rear hoof.

“Don’t call me that, alcoholic bitch,” he snarled.

Derpy pressed her nose against his hard, her left eye trailing downward as her right glare with rage that anypony dared to call her that. Besides, she was a chain smoker, if anything, though that did not mean the comment itself did not seriously offend her.

“The buck did you call me, little prick?” she snapped, gritting her teeth to keep from socking him in the face, which she was very tempted to do.

“I called you a lazy, stupid, retarded piece of s-” were the only words he was able to utter when a hoof conneceted with his jaw, knocking him into a nearby table and making everypony, including Vinyl who stopped her music, jump.

Derpy ignored them to throw another punch at his face. He dodged it then dug his right front hoof into her stomach, and as she hit the ground, he punched her hard into the face..

She spat out a glob of blood and stood up, feeling her anger overpower all other thoughts before she ran. Standing on her hind legs, she kicked her hind hooves into his back, but then she felt a swift, well aimed blow to the right side of her face and flew hard into a table, which broke under her weight.

The Pegasus stood. Her legs shook from the painful blow as she watched Cloudchaser float from the air then land on the ground, a large smirk on her face.

“Should have stayed down, whore,” she yelled to the mare that roughly shoved away Carrot Top as she was telling her to stand down; Derpy had had enough from these three.

With a shout of rage, she charged at both her enemies, swinging her left hoof to Caramel’s face, which landed successfully, knocking out a tooth. Turning around quickly and aiming her hind legs into Cloudchaser’s chest, she threw the mare into the wall, blood dripping from the wound on her head. Cloudchaser stood up, her hooves barely keeping her up as she flapped her wings, intent on doing more harm to Derpy, who was fighting both Caramel and now Berry Punch.

Berry Punch headbutted Derpy’s face, making her nose bleed, then punched her in the face. Derpy’s head snapped back. In the back of her mind, she wondered why nopony was helping her. Sure, she doubted Fluttershy could handle this, but what about Rainbow Dash? Lyra?

Doctor Whooves?

She felt her body lift into air, and without even a flap of her wings to get out of her aggressor's attack, her body was thrown far.

“Stop it, you four. AH SAID STOP IT NOW!” Applejack screamed a few seconds too late.

Derpy felt glass break behind her, the shards embedding themselves into her body. She flew through the air from the window she was thrown out of, not able to open her wings to slow her fall, and hit the ground with the force of being ran over by a carriage. Her vision went black, and she slipped into consciousness.

The Doctor watched the entire fight before his eyes as he was talking with Carrot Top, who he swore was flirting with him. He could not believe that the Pegasus was able to hold her own with the three ponies, even though the fight quickly ended in a brutal way against her.

Dinky Hooves, along with her fellow Crusaders, ran out to help the mare who was critically hurt. Caramel, Berry Punch, who was completely drunk, making her five times harder to detain, and Cloudchaser were kept from escaping by Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Vinyl Scratch, Big Macintosh, Twilight Sparkle and Lyra Heartstrings, who all had enraged expressions due to the fight having interrupted such a joyous occasion. Even though Derpy was the one to start it, they knew she would not do such unless pushed over the edge.

“Sis, sis?! Are you ok?” Dinky screamed while she and Sweetie Belle managed to turn the mare over, seeing the large shards impaled in her body and not knowing that to do.

Just as they were going to pick her up, she was gently taken from the ground by Fluttershy and the Doctor. They did their best to bring her to the hospital. Rarity, Vinyl Scratch, Octavia, and the rest of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, meanwhile, followed after the three, their faces set with shock and pain that such a horrible accident could happen to the currently injured mare.

The three brawlers were being escorted roughly by Rainbow Dash, Big Macintosh, Applejack, Lyra and Bon-Bon to jail, hoping they could explain the solution to the police.

The Doctor, even though he had only knew Derpy for four days, felt worry and panic for the mare. He knew that she should not have been taken down so easily, but it was a surprised attack, and it had seriously harmed the mare. He tried not to fear for the worst for the Pegasus.

“How the buck do you get yourself into these situations, Derpy?” he wondered aloud before following her friends and little sister to the hospital. He could only pray to the Gods that she would be ok.

Author's Note:

Sorry everyone, short chapter I know, but I wanted to wrap this up quickly, next chapter will be the last and hope you all liked what you read in this one. I'm a heartless bastard I know, you'll get used to it.

Special thanks to Shadow Bolt and ausdrew96 for their ideas for this chapter, even though it may have not gone the way they thought it would.....my bad LOL.