• Published 9th Dec 2012
  • 2,292 Views, 13 Comments

Maybe it's not so simple - Fat1thatyoulove

  • ...
5
 13
 2,292

Chapter 4

Chapter 4 (peace and quiet)

You awake to the sound of giggling at the door way, you slowly open your eyes and see Spike and Rainbow Dash trying to hold back laughs.

You look down towards your shirtless chest where Twilight’s head rest, “Hey Twilight are you comfortable?” Rainbow now bust into a full laugh as Twilight's eyes fly open “Rainbow!”

Twilight jerks her head up and stares at them as they laugh, Twilight tries to explain “No Rainbow last night we were trying some new things... but then the cider and i … um this … its not..”

Rainbow counties to laugh “ha ha ha ya you never could handle cider.”

Twilight appears behind them in a flash of light “NOT funny Rainbow, anyways why are you here?”

Rainbow stops laughing and talks in her normal tomboyish voice “Well I came by to tell you that i’m going to the wonderbolts show and wanted to know if you two wanted to come with me, I got a few tickets from Thunder lane and I figured you know he has never seen the most awesome ponies in all of Equestrian... well besides me of course.” she blows a part of her hair out of her face as she brags.

Twilight taps her goof to her mouth “You know that sounds like a good idea Rainbow.” she looks to you “You haven’t seen the show this would be a great adventure for you.”

you nod your head at her comment.

“Great get dressed and lets get ready to go.”

Rainbow looks back to you “Ya get dressed bud I don’t want to be seen walking around with some hairless pony...um human.”

You wait until they're out of the doorway to get out of bed, you wonder to yourself what they think happened you look down at your open chest... who is she calling hairless?

After a few minutes you meet Rainbow and Twilight down stairs.

Spike is jumping around a bit “Oh oh Twi can I go can I?”

Twilight looks down to Spike “Oh Spike you know you're too young for the show.”

Spike looks down to the ground “Oh ya, well don’t worry about the house I got it under control.”

“Oh my gosh can we got yet?” Rainbow trots around the door huffing and puffing

“yes, Rainbow lets go.”

“Ugh you guys are slow I’ll meet you guys at the track, her take the tickets.” She hand you both a ticket and then zips out of the door.

You look a the the ticket, its a small blue piece of paper that says 1 pony admissions, you smile at the ticket, note to self if they say i’m not a pony well then they are just naysayers. You think over the joke you just told yourself wow that was really bad.

You think about this as you leave the house and start down the path to the track. Did I really just make a pony pun?

You arrive at the track, you have been here before when you went to go see Rainbow perform some tricks but it didn't look like this. The whole area around the track is covered with tents and what looks like carnival rides. You see all kinds of ponies here small, tall, fat, skinny, black, red, yellow, green, some color in between gold and grey.

You follow Twilight to a booth

theres a big buff yellow unicorn with a striped shirt on in the booth “Ticket please.” his voice reminds you of a body builders. Twilight floats the tickets into the stallions hoof. He eyeballs you a he talks “No fighting, no cider and no jumping onto the tracks or we are going to have a problem.”

You feel a little defective at him staring at you, obviously he doesn't know you're a firebending alien wizard with an awesome beard who has seen way too many Chuck Norris movies.

You nod your head at his statement and follow Twilight into the gate the separates the rest of the field.

“This is going to be so exciting, the last time I saw a pegasus show Rarity almost fell to her death.”

The comment strikes you as odd but you don’t question it. You're too busy looking at all the ponies different kind of ponies, you wonder what they think of you, you're the tallest pony...person here but no one seems to notice you. Twilight looks up at you “Wait here i’m going to go find Rainbow.” before you can say what she flashes away in a purple light.

You look around at all the ponies that pass you, none of them look familiar and most of them glance away when you look at them. You feel awkward having all this ponies walking past you only looking at you with the corner of their eyes.

There is however one pony that keeps staring at you, the pony is short compared to the other ponies and looks kind of like a really pissed of garden gnome, compared to all the others ponies he looks dull his hair is coal black and his grey coat makes him look like really unfriendly. The one thing you are drawn to are the bottoms of his hooves and his eyes, the eyes are bright green and his hooves are completely white.

You both stare at eachother for a few moments until the pony starts walking towards you. For some reason you feel like he is going to walk over and just punch...or hoof you in your stomach for being so tall, as he gets closer you bend your neck down to look at him.

“HI?”

The pony looks up at you. “How tall are you?”

The really deep voice from the small stallion strikes you as odd and you blankly stare at the pony.

“Hey buddy? How tall are you?”

You continue to stare

He waves his hoof in front of your face “Are you dumb? Can you not talk?”

“Why do you need to know?”

The pony exhales loudly “Because I the mortician and I need to know how tall you are.”

You laugh a little at him and think this short guy is a mortician? “Sorry um...”

Tombstone.”

“Sorry Tombstone I don’t know my exact high.”

The pony lets out a sigh and walked away mumbling something to himself. You watch as he walks away. You think to yourself wow the first conversation with some pony I don’t know today was about death? Today is going to be a good day.

You feel a tug on your shirt and you turn around, its Twilight...how long you been here you think.

“You ready to watch the show Rainbow has seats right in front.”

you nod.

“Good then grab my hoof and I’ll teleport us.”

You're a little reluctant to take the offer of teleporting, mainly due to the fact the last you were teleported you had your brain basically eaten by Queen Chrysalis, just the thought of her bug like body makes you head hurt. After clearing your mind of the ugly bug queen you grab Twilights hoof and flash into a stand in front of the track, Rainbow is next to you flying in loops above her seat.

“Can you believe it! There going to have 5 races!!!” her tough tomboyish voice has been changed to a typical fan girl as she screams the names of the ponies as they enter the track.

Rainbow shakes your body with her hoofs as she frantically tells you the names of each pony “Thats Fleetfoot and Wave Chill and Blaze and Fire Streak and Soarin and Rapidfire.” she lets out a high pitched squeal “And Spitfire and High winds everypony is here!”

When she is finally done shaking you, you're finally able to watch the race. You watch as the pegasus start darting through and around cloud obstacles, it looks like NASCAR just without the loud rumble of an engine. You watch as the first pony dashes past the finish line, you causally let out a cheer “YAY it’s over!”

Rainbow lets out a laugh “You're funny Blaze would never win, you know theres 300 laps.”

You happy smile fades from your face...300 laps times 5 races equals 1,500...the number rings in your head. You look to Twilight she is reading a book “Um Twilight how long does this last?”
Twilight looks up from her book “hmmm about all day.”

You slump back onto the seat, great its NASCAR with no crashes, Twilight leans over to you “I always bring a second book.” she floats over a book to you and you read the title “magic for derpys.”

You look to Twilight “Thanks”

You look at the race it just finished the second lap...this is going to be a long day.

End of chapter 4