• Published 9th Dec 2012
  • 2,292 Views, 13 Comments

Maybe it's not so simple - Fat1thatyoulove

  • ...
5
 13
 2,292

Chapter 3

Chapter 3 (Nothing productive all day!)

You looked over some of Twilights books on magic but you found it more entertaining to clang pots and pans down stairs to hear Spike get mad.

You feel proud of yourself for making a dragon mad; as you put down your tools of mass enjoyment you find a book that strikes you as interesting.

The books name is magic for derpys; you open the book and read for a bit.

The book is pretty plain a few pictures of small ponies and examples of spells, most of the spells you would not dare try but you decide to try your wizard skills at some more levitation. You put the worthless book on the ground and try to levitate it begins to float up but falls back down, after a few more attempts you start to get angry, you thrust your hands up and the book burst into flames, HA i'm a fire bender! Next thought OH crap i'm in a tree! You stomp out the fire before it could make its way to the other books, you breath a sigh of relief at your accomplishment.

“Wow nice save.”

You look to Spike, how long he been there?

“Hey Spike feeling better?”

“No, and now I keep hearing metal being banged together… you think that’s bad?”

You smile at his comment, “No that means you're getting better, how was the party last night?”

“Oh it was a blast, Berry Punch brought this new cider and and Vinyl Scratch was there and she played all these really cool new sound and Noteworthy had some new songs, it was great!”

You nod “And Rarity?”

“Oh she went with some no name guy I think his name was Fancypants or something, ya he’s nobody so nothing to worry about.”

You nod, you have no idea who most of the ponies are he named but hearing that Rarity ended up not going with him was not a surprise.

Spike looks back to the charred book “What are you doing anyway?”

“I’m trying to learn some more magic.”

Spike looks at you with one eye cocked “Really?”

You shrug

“Ok I’ll help you; first thing first you have to call me Sir Spike.”

You nod

“Alright cool, now the first rule to magic is to keep a calm mind, if you think of something mid way through a spell it could really mess things up. So try and move a book while I distract you ok?”

“Sure Spike but how are you going to…”

Spike grabs the nearby pot and pan and starts clanging them together…god that’s annoying it almost makes you feel bad for doing it earlier…almost. You focus on the book and try to move it, nothing happens and the sound is starting to bug you so you try something different you turn to Spike and motion with your hands to stop, the pot and the pan are covered in a green magic and float from Spikes hands.

“wow nice.”

You smile at the floating metal and you try to bring them down, but that doesn’t work as you move your hands down the pot and pan go flying through the house and smash against the wall.

Spike looks to you “Maybe we should stop for now.”

You look at your hands “Hey Spike why was my magic green that time?”

“I don’t know maybe that was your natural magic.”

You look back at Spike he is putting on a coat and heading to the door “Where you going?”

Spike turns around “Oh Twilight wants me to ask Rarity for a new bed so I’m going to head over there, I would ask you to come but Twi says you have to write something.”

You wave goodbye to Spike as he walks out of the house, you decide you might as well try writing the letter now.

After a few hours of crumbling up papers and throwing them aside you give up, you slump back in the chair and rub your head trying to get an idea on what the Princess would like to hear. Your drawing blanks, it makes no sense why she needs reports on the powers on friendship why doesn't she just go and get friends herself.

you look back at the quill in your hand and decided to try using magic to write like Twilight does, you watch as the quill is coated in the purple magic, you're surprised you don’t even have to move your hands, you stare at the quill floating in front of you. You dip the quill into the ink and bring it to the paper you start the letter, you have the biggest smile on your face as you watch the words print on the page.

It takes about a few hours to write, mainly because you don’t know what more to say other than that you are now better at levitating books. You only stop writing to eat lunch and help Spike put his new bed in his room. You find it funny how his bed looks like a cat bed, but you have to keep reminding yourself to get this letter done before your mind drifts into it’s usually nonsense. you're about halfway done with your letter when Twilight comes in “I see you’ve be busy.”

You smile, “Ya and I may have burned a book sooo ya...”

Twilight looks mad but she does her best to hide to “Oh well um thats fine, next time you will be more careful right?”

you nod, but you say to yourself nope i'm a fire bender I love to burn stuff.

Twilight walks into another room and calls out to you “Let me go change and after dinner we’ll work on a few spells if you're up to it.”

You think to yourself dinner? what time is it, you look out the window and notice the sun is starting to set, your logical side of your brain tells you it was just noon like an hour ago but your new pony side of your brain reminds you Celestia controls the sun and this must be like daylight savings or something. The timing is the one thing you haven’t got use to here, you can deal with Pinkie doing back flips even though she is a horse but the way days seem to just fly by has not settled in yet.

Twilight comes back into the room and notices your in deep thought, “What are you thinking about? is it your dream? Did it come back?”

You haven't had the dream shes talking about in a few days and you had almost forgot about it, you find it strange how the dream lingered in your mind for weeks and then just vanished. The mentioning of the dream reminds you how terribly it was and you quickly try blocking it out. “No Twilight I was just wondering why the sun was setting so fast.”

Twilight puts her hoof to her chest as she scientifically explains it “The grow season is going to start soon so the sun needs to set so that the water from the melted snow can seep into the ground that way there will be enough water in the water table for growing.”

you think about it for a moment “SO because Celestia wants it to be hu?”

Twilight puts her hoof down and mockingly puts her head forward as she replies “NO, because it’s good for farming.”

You copy her head gesture “soooo because Celestia wants it to be right?”

Twilight looks at you for a moment, you grin at her, “i’m not going to win this am I?”

You smile bigger “Cider.”

Twilight lets out an annoyed “UGH.” you chuckle at her facial expression.

you then look at her seriously “No I mean I want cider.”

Twilight laughs at you “You have never even had any you wouldn't like it. It’s too strong for humans”

To strong? “Twilight you must not know I can drink.”

“Oh ya? Well the human metabolism can’t process food or drink as fast as a pony, so yes it would be too strong for you.”

“How would you know that i’m the first human you have ever met? and i never told you that.”

“Yes thats true, but I looked up humans and ponies on your magic book when I was on your world. OH! can you make a magic book here!?”

Her eyes sparkle at what she just said and she eagerly waits for your response “No, the computer and internet are two things I don’t know how to make.”

her ears flop down at what you said, “So cider?”

Twilight exhales loudly “Fine but i'm not carrying you up to your bed, you're too heavy to move with my magic.”

You watch as she leaves the room.

She returns a few minutes later floating a few mug of what you guess is cider, “Seeing as how this has nothing to do with magic you only get to drink when you correctly perform a spell, and if you don't perform it well I drink your cider.”

You nod and try to pull the cider from her magical grasp, you focus on the mug and a green film coats the mug as it breaks from her grasp. You smile as you take your first sip...first thought WOW this taste like crap, the sweetness of the drink stings your tongue and you drop the mug.

Twilight laughs at you “See told you you wouldn’t like it.”

your clothes are damp from the cider, you don’t want one of your only shirts to smell like cider so you decided to take it off.

Twilight stops laughing and stares at you, “what are you doing?”

You look at her as you take it off “This stuff smells and I don’t want to smell like it.”

Twilight stumbles at her words as she talks “Um ok well, uhh oh try and teleport this mug to the table.”

you look to her mug and then back to the table, you focus your mind on the sight of the mug on the table, the mug gets a light purple shimmer on it and it fades out of sight and then appears on the table.

Twilight claps her hoofs happily. “Good, I’ll be back with more.” she leaves the room again as you try to move the mug to your face, not moving your hands to grab things is hard mentally but your happy on account of how lazy you feel. The mug gets a green glow and bust it to flames. your pleasantly shocked at what happened you laugh at the cider as the mug starts to melt and the cider catches fire.

Twilight returns to the room and yells “Ah! fire!” she runs over to the fiery cup and tried blowing it out, she then covers it in a purple magic. When the fire is subsided she looks at you “Fire is not good that means your magic is uncontrolled.”

you nod your head at her as she floats a new mug over to you.

“Now try and poor the mug into your mouth, you look at the mug as it gets a green tent over it you tilt it to you, just as you do that the cider comes flying out at you and drenches your face.

Twilight again laughs at your failed attempt.

this is going to be a long night, you say to yourself.

After a few hours of fails and successes you notice Twilight acting weird,

“And Rarity thinks she is (hiccup) that she is um the um what are we talking about again.”

You laugh as you remind her “Rarity.”

“Oh ya she is the reason there's no decent stallions in Ponyville.”

you continue to laugh at Twilight and think ha! shes drunk.

Twilight looks into her mug and drops it on the ground “I’m out... that's 15 for me and 2 for you I win.”
her head falls and hit the table and she lets out a low “ ouch.”

you look at her as she closes her eyes, you know that look its the same look you got at your first college party, you walk over to Twilight and scoop her up into your arms, you start walking up the stairs towards her room. As you near her room you look in and see Spike sleeping in her bed...nice Spike now i have to go back down stairs. you turn to exit the doorway and you accidently bang Twilight’s head on to the frame, she lets out another ouch but this time a little louder, you whisper to hear “It’s just a dream Twilight.” You look back down the stairs and decided its too far of a walk, so you turn to your room and walk inside. You gently place her on the bed and move some of her hairs out of her face. As you get ready to leave the room you hear her voice “Don’t go...your warm just come sleep in here.”

You look back down the stairs and then turn around, you crawl into the other side of the bed and start to get comfortable. Twilight gets closer to you and falls asleep after saying goodnight, you look at her in the moonlight as she starts to sleep.

End of chapter 3