• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 1,312 Views, 56 Comments

The Matter Of Friendship - HeartShieldFiM



Discord is sent to Ponyville to learn about friendship. Pinkie will be his 'mentor'.

  • ...
3
 56
 1,312

Chapter 6 ~ Herpaderp

‘So your strange, dragon-like friend is finally trying to get normal?’ Rarity asked. ‘I just can’t believe it!’
Somehow, Pinkie felt quite proud of herself and Discord. It seemed that finally, he saw the advantages of friendship.
BASH! did the door. Pinkie and Rarity turned around. In the doorway stood a completely panicking Discord. ‘Screwball… she’s gone!’
Pinkie jumped up from her chair. ‘Come on, Rarity! We’re gotta look for her!’
‘B…’
Before she could say anything else than ‘B’, Pinkie grabbed her hoof. ‘No time to waste, okay?’
‘Fine,’ Rarity said. ‘I’ll look for Screwball with you.’
Discord didn’t even hear it, he headed straight to his house. After a short run, the ponies arrived as well.
‘She left this,’ Discord said. He showed them a note. On the note, somepony had drawn two fillies, one with wings and the other one without. They both had quite strange eyes…
Pinkie squeezed her eyes. ‘I recognize that pony on the left,’ she said. ‘I saw her talking with Dash yesterday.’
‘Then I think we should go to Dash to…’ Rarity said, but before she could finish her sentence, Discord and Pinkie ran away.
Rarity rolled her eyes. ‘Argh! Fine, then.’

‘That silly filly?’ Dash said. ‘You mean Derpy Hooves?’
Pinkie nodded. ‘Yes, I forgot her name.’
‘I remember a pony with that name…’ Discord said. ‘A couple of days ago, she bumped into Screwball. After that, they became friends…’
‘Then I think we should find Derpy,’ Rarity said. ‘But where the buck could she be?’ She looked up. There was Cloudsdale, the place only the Pegasus-ponies could come. ‘Could she be there?’
‘Don’t think so,’ Dash said. ‘At this time, she plays mailman. She could be everywhere in Ponyville, but not in Cloudsdale.’
‘Well, that’s a relief,’ Pinkie said. ‘You won’t have to look up there.’
Discord frowned. ‘Well, thanks for the information, betrayer,’ he said.
Dash frowned. ‘Excuse me, weirdo. What did you just call me?’
‘A betrayer,’ Discord repeated. ‘Remember the time Twilight sent you into a maze, to fine the Elements of Harmony? Weren’t YOU the one who abandoned your friends?’
Dash took a deep breath to tell Discord what she thought, and I am glad that Pinkie Pie put her hoof on Dash’s mouth, because otherwise, this story would become quite inappropriate for children.
‘This is absolutely no time to argue!’ Rarity shouted. ‘We must find the daughter of this poor draconequus!’
‘Poor,’ Discord whispered, but nopony heard him.
‘Let’s start looking for Derpy,’ Pinkie said. ‘Do you come with us, Dash?’
The blue pony shook her head. ‘Nope. I don’t really like your friend over there.’
Rarity sighed. ‘Why, thank you, Dash,’ she growled.
‘Nononono, I was talking about…’ Dash tried, but the three already had turned around and walked away, busy talking about the other places to look for Screwball.

‘Rarity, when Dash just said she didn’t like Pinkie’s friend, you knew she was talking about ME, eh?’
Rarity nodded. ‘I was aware of that, yes.’
Discord frowned. ‘Then why did you act like she was talking about you?’
‘I didn’t want to hassle,’ the unicorn replied. ‘We have to find your daughter, remember?’
Discord didn’t say anything, he just smiled.
‘Look!’ Pinkie yelled. ‘There she is!’
And indeed, there was Derpy. All the letters fell out of her bag and now she was snatching them out of the air. She didn’t seem to notice the three ponies.
‘Hey! Derpy!’ Rariry shouted.
Derpy turned around. ‘Oh, hello, eh…’
‘Could you come down here, please?’ Pinkie asked.
Derpy crashed in front of the ponies. ‘Hello, what’s up?’ she said.
Discord helped her get up. ‘Have you seen Screwball?’
‘Screw…ball… ah, your daughter, right?’
Discord nodded. ‘Yes, she is gone and she left this on the kitchen table.’ He showed Derpy the note.
‘Yeah, I have seen her…’ Derpy said.
Discord’s eyes widened. ‘Where?’
‘Well, at your house… I was bored so I thought maybe she wanted to play with me,’ the Pegasus replied.
‘And where is she now?’ Discord asked.
Derpy scratched her head. ‘I had to deliver the mail… she went back home.’
‘You’re sure about that?’
Derpy nodded.
‘Then let’s go to your house,’ Pinkie said. ‘We’ll see if she is there.’
Discord shook his head. ‘If we walk, we’ll go way too slow. I’m gonna fly and I’ll see you over there, okay?’
Before the ponies could answer, Discord was already gone.

‘Oh, look Daddy!’ Screwball said, and pointed at the window. ‘There’s Auntie Pinkie!’
Discord turned around. ‘Indeed, dear. Now, be a nice filly and open the door for her.’
Screwball hopped at the door, but before she could open it, Pinkie had walked in already. ‘Oh, so good to see YOU here!’ she said. ‘Daddy and I have been searching for you all day!’
‘She left us a note,’ Discord said. ‘It was my bad that I didn’t understand what it said.’
‘Oh, absolutely not,’ Pinkie replied. ‘It was nopony’s fault that we couldn’t see it was Screwball playing with Derpy.’
‘Derpy and I have been walking through Ponyville all day,’ Screwball said. ‘I was great! But then, Derpy told me she had to deliver the mail. So I went home.’
‘Oh, dear,’ a lady voice said. ‘I am so happy that you’re still alive!’
‘Hey Rarity!’ Pinkie said. ‘Good to see you here. Why don’t you introduce yourself properly to Screwball?’
Rarity smiled. ‘Well, you’ve heard my name, little filly! I am Rarity, the greatest fashion-designer of all Ponyville, and maybe even of all Equestria.’
‘I’m Screwball,’ said Screwball.
Rarity rolled her eyes. ‘She’s got quite a lot to learn about manners, good thing that she has ME to teach her!’ she said, laughing.
Discord smiled. Another pony who accepted his daughter…

Author's Note:

Eeeeeeeh well there's another chapter. I hope you enjoy.

Um and btw please comment, I like reading comments and I just love feedback, I always use it. Cheers! ^^