• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 1,312 Views, 56 Comments

The Matter Of Friendship - HeartShieldFiM



Discord is sent to Ponyville to learn about friendship. Pinkie will be his 'mentor'.

  • ...
3
 56
 1,312

Chapter 15 ~ New Friends, Dangerous Things

'Have you met our new neighbours?' SnoCone asked Pinkie Pie.
Pinkie nodded. 'Yesterday, Discord and I visited them and helped Derpy Hooves moving their stuff,' she said. 'She almost dropped their piano.'
'I heard Discord caught it?' Ice Cube said.
Pinkie nodded again and took a sip of her tea.
It was quiet for a while, then Ice Cube said, 'So... who wants some delicious cupcakes?'
'Oh, I do!' Pinkie shouted. 'Yummy! Did you bake them?'
Ice Cube shrugged. 'Sorta. SnoCone actually did, I just decorated them.'
As they ate the cupcakes, lovely decorated with icing and glittery stuff and other... stuff I don't know the name of, suddenly a huge shadow darkened the yard.
They all three looked up and saw the draconequus, crashing into the oak tree in the yard of SnoCone and Ice Cube.
He fell down and didn't move, he just laid there on the lawn.
'Discord!' Pinkie yelled as she ran across the lawn. She poked the draconequus to see if he'd react, but nothing happened.
'Oh goodness!' Ice Cube cried. 'I... I got this!'
She grabbed a bucket and ran to the kitchen. SnoCone joined Pinkie poking Discord and hoping he'd wake up. 'Discord?' he said, but - of course - no reply.
'Move aside!' Ice Cube yelled and emptied the bucket of icy cold water on Discord's head. It seemed to help.
'Whut?' the draconequus mumbled as he opened his eyes. 'What has happened?'
'Oh, Discord!' Pinkie shouted and embraced the creature. 'I don't know! You... just hit that tree...'
'Again,' Discord muttered. 'Seems I'm not that good at flying.'
'You can levitate!' Pinkie said.
'But flying is so much fun!' Discord replied, stretching his wings.
His blue wing was twisted and looked broken - again. Ice Cube pushed on the wing. 'Does this hurt?'
The draconequus bit his lip and squinted. 'A little bit...' he squeeked.
'It does,' Pinkie said. 'Come on, we have to get you to the hospital.'
Discord widened his eyes. 'What?' he said. 'The last time, Fluttershy fixed me!'
'She can't heal this, Discord,' Pinkie said. 'It's too... well, it's worse than last time. Your wing seems to be broken again (!) and I since you landed on your head, you should stay in bed and stuff.'

'What!? How... you are not allowed to refuse somepony!' Pinkie shouted.
The doctor shrugged. 'Well, it doesn't appear to be a pony,' he said. 'And this is a pony hospital.'
Pinkie frowned. 'Discord is no "it". It's a pony, just like I am.'
'Hah,' the doctor laughed sarcastically. 'It seems the draconequus hypnotized you?'
The pink pony snorted, but before she could burst, Discord put his claw over her mouth and said 'Shh, it's okay Pinkie. I don't like the hospital in the first place, so... I guess we have to... ask Fluttershy again?'

'How did this happen again?' Fluttershy asked surprised. 'I mean... eh... well...'
'It seems my wing had not completely healed yet,' Discord replied.
Fluttershy frowned. 'Oh, dit you take the bandage off?'
'Of course I did!' Discord grunted. 'I couldn't fly with that thing on!'
The yellow pony rolled her eyes. 'You were not meant to fly, you know that.'
'But he could fly!' Pinkie said. 'He saved Cloud's piano.'
'Hm...' Fluttershy said. Then, she put her hoof on Discord's hand and looked him straight into his eyes, saying, 'Be honest... eh... Discord... did it hurt? When you caught that piano?'
Discord looked at his feet. 'Hm-m,' he said. 'A... little bit, maybe...'
'Then WHY did you do it!?' Pinkie shouted. 'I thought...'
'It's alright, Pinkie Pie,' Fluttershy said. 'It was not your fault...'
'Sorry Fluttershy,' Discord muttered.
The pony shook her head. 'Oh, no. I should have told you not to take the bandage off, you know... eh... I think... your wing is broken again, you know. I think... I think you're not able to fly for, like... five, maybe six months...'
'What!?' Discord yelled, and jumped up. He immediately sat down again, because he got dizzy.
Fluttershy frowned. 'And you also seem to have eh... a concussion, you know.'
'Oh, great,' Discord growled.

'Sorry Pinkie Pie, I can't fix Discord's wing with... magic.'
Pinkie sighed. 'It's... it's okay, Twilight. Thanks.'
'It's just too dangerous,' Twilight continued. 'I mean, with all those tiny bones...'
Discord shook his head. 'It doesn't matter. I... guess I have to wait.'
'What a nonsense.'
The three ponies turned around and saw Rarity in the doorway. 'Of course I can fix this.'
'Uh, but...' Twilight tried, but it was too late. Rarity bing-bang-zammed (yush, I don't know a better word for her action) and Discord's wing glowed. The bandage fell off and twirled to the ground.
'Aah!' Discord shouted. 'It hurts!'
'Just... five... more... seconds...' Rarity groaned. 'Almost done...'
Suddenly, whole Discord's body started to glow for a second, then Rarity collapsed.
'Done,' she groaned.
Discord spread his wing. 'Oh my goodness! I... I can move it again!'
'How did you do that?' Twilight asked Rarity, but the white pony only sighed.
'I don't know how, but it worked!' Discord said grinning. 'Thank you so much, lady Rarity.'
'Hmrmmm,' the pony replied.
'I... thought... but...'
'You thought it was impossible?' Pinkie Pie asked. 'Or didn't you want to do Discord a favor?'
Twilight backed up and shook her head. 'Er... no, I mean, yes, it's that... so... dangerous...'
'Meh, not thát dangerous,' Rarity muttered. Discord offered her a hand and pulled her up. 'It's only very, véry tiring,' she continued. 'But I'll get over it, I am very glad that I could help my friend Discord. See you later!'
They watched Rarity leave in silence. Then, Pinkie growled, 'Well, Discord, I think we should go too.'
'Eh, fine,' Discord said. 'Bye, Twilight.'

'Here, have a muffin.' Pinkie Pie handed Discord one of the freshly baked muffins.
He observed it. 'Is it going to eat me?'
Pinkie nodded. 'Tee hee, it is!'
'Fine then,' the draconequus replied, and ate the whole thing in once. 'This is delicious!' he tried to say, but because of all the muffincrumbles and blueberries filling up his mouth, it more sounded like 'Fhif if dewifiouf!'
'Fwah ya,' the pony replied, eating a muffin herself. 'Couw haw bwm a wiwwle mow phaweful wiph phofe bwuebewwief.'
'Awe wou kibbin'? Phey awe awepfome!' Discord replied, as he took another one.
Pinkie Pie swallowed her muffin. 'You like them? You really really like them?'
Discord squished Pinkie's cheek. 'I love 'em, Pinkie,' he replied. He then looked up and said, 'Why did Twilight not want to heal my wing?'
Pinkie shrugged. 'Oh, I don't know. Guess you have to ask Twi 'bout that.'
'Hm, thank Celestia that good lady Rarity came by,' Discord said.
Pinkie took another muffin and said, 'I think you found yourself a new friend.'