• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 1,823 Views, 44 Comments

Pwnification - Tomiix



When you find a small worm hole that leads to Equestria, you find an escape from your crummy life.

  • ...
11
 44
 1,823

Honest Work

Pwnification
Chapter 2

As we landed, some ponies controlled the crowd to make space for us. A familiar face waited for me. Pinkie Pie, was bouncing around defying gravity, excited as ever. Now I knew that she was a fast speaker, and like to get her point out quickly, but I couldn’t understand a single word she had said.

“HOW DID YOU LIKE THE SURPRISE? I planed this you know I got everypony to get together and welcome you here. We had the whole week to plan; I hung the streamers, and decorated the cake! Oh gosh it’s such a pretty pink cake! Oh wait, did you like pink? Cause I like pink pinkisthecoolestcolorintheworldyouknowimeanwhodosen’tlovepinkcauseifaponydosen’tlikepink,thenimsurprisedsince
itssuchawarmcolorimeanballonsarepinkcottencandyispinkimpimpinkitsamazinghowgreatpinkisiknowyournotpinkbuti
meancomeonyouhavetoadmitthatpinkisgreat. Tacos and…”

She didn’t get the chance to finish her ramblings, as I walked into the door and she slammed into the wall. I almost cried at the immense amount of people who where here just to see me. I didn’t know if I should have been insulted or flattered. I didn’t care, everyone was happy and having a good time. The party was long and dragged on for some time. Yet since I didn’t know anyone, it was just a bunch of confusion and some delicious cake. Not knowing where to stay, Twilight let me crash on one of the library’s couches.

As I walked in I noticed the room was barely touched. Not many ponies used the library, as they normally didn’t need books. Yet the library look abandoned. I could see dried blood on the floor. Realizing it was mine, I felt my temple. It still hurt, even though the pain of the transformation had passed. I had a massive headache; it was a long day, so I plopped onto the couch and drifted into a deep sleep.

----
I was woken abruptly by a bucket full of cold water in the face. Looking at me with a amused grin and holding back a laugh was Apple Jack.

“Why hello there sugarcube! Twilight said I could have ye for the day. I need yall’s help at the farm. The snow is getting pretty high up and I need to dig mah family out!”

I remembered. It was winter, and after realizing the date, I remembered a lot of things. Like my upcoming birthday. I remember when I was little, my mom would get me all kinds of gifts, and my dad wasn’t so mean at the time so he was nice too. Ever since mom died, I was lucky to get a bite to eat. My train of thought was interrupted as Apple Jack brought me back to reality.

“Would yeah stop zoning out and listen to me? I know you just got here but I need your help. This’ll be one of yer lessons. Then after I can teach you about food and serve you the Apple Famly’s best. How bout that?”

She didn’t need to say another word. I got up and happily followed her to Sweet Apple Acres. The snow was cold, yet thanks to the immense amount of snowy white hairs I grew, I was relatively comfortable. When we finally got there she hooked me and a few other Colts to some snow plows. One of them was a big strong Stallion, who I recognized right away as Big Macintosh. We exchanged nods as his sister explained:

“Now I realize that you’re a pegasus pony, and you aren’t as strong as the rest of these land ponies, but you look muscular enough to hold your own...I hope.”

I accepted her challenge.

“I think I can plow all of this snow, in ten seconds flat!” I said, appropriately quoting Rainbow Dash.

Apple Jack laughed at the joke and then finished helping her brother with the plow. She then wished us good luck and told us to start. I pushed with all my might and I got some distance, but Macintosh was running threw it like he was a super pony. I was actually doing better than most of the other ponies, yet I couldn’t stop staring at the amazing land speed of the big red stallion. Now THAT’S what I wanted to beat. He was definitely competition.

The day was long and it was almost lunch, and I was starved from not having a bite to eat for the day. Apple Jack, noticing my decline in work energy, stopped me and told me she was glad for the help.
“You did a lot today; you’ve earned your bits, why don’t ye come inside?” I protested,

“You sure I can stop? I don’t want to leave you guys hanging.”

“Why I wish all ponies shared your dedication hun, yet I’m noticing that you mighty hungry and that you might want to move on, it’s fine. Come in and I’ll start showing you some food. “

I followed her, and I began touring the Apple Families stash. They had apples of course. Yet they also had Oats, Hay, and all kinds of meals. I was concerned that the diet here wasn’t very diversified, yet there were so many mixtures that you could have with all of the food, the list was endless. Apple Jack whipped us some oatmeal, and it was the best oatmeal ever. Literally all other oatmeal I had before seemed fake compared to her oatmeal. I wasn’t sure if this was me talking or my pony instincts yet I dug in anyway.

Twilight came up after I was done helping to finish the snow shoveling, and said that my lessons were going to start.

“Lessons? Like what?”

She laughed.

“I’m going to teach you the ENTIRE history of Equestria! It’s going to be so much fun! I’ll get to use my teachers guide and old history text books.”

I was less than enthusiastic about going back to school, but I supposed I had to. I went to say goodbye to Apple Jack, when Big Macintosh blocked my path.

“Why hello there big Macintosh!” I was sincerely excited to meet him. He eyed me over, observing. He took note of my wings, and gave an un-amused sigh. Then he spoke.

“You did a good job out there, first time I’ve seen a Pegasi hold there own weight and not complain a bit. And when you begged my sister to keep going, I wanted to laugh. You do good work, and I want to see yeah around more often yeah hear? You seem to be dedicated to whatever your task is so I’ll be glad to hire you as a hand if you need the bits.”

“Sure Big Macin…”

“Call me Macintosh.”

“Sure Macintosh, I’ll be glad to stop by whenever you need help.”

Satisfied with the response, he walked away humming an old farmer's tune. Twilight grew impatient, and dragged me away back to the library, where a desk and a chalkboard awaited. She sure was excited to be the teacher for once, and not a student. So I didn’t think much of the preparation. She began telling the story of how Equestria was created by two God-Like Alicorns. She then explained the story that she read in the first episode of the series. I knew the story by heart, but let her read it again. I loved being read too, my mom would always read to me. They pained me, but the memories were good, I would lay in bed, and she would read me a story about anything from a evil monster under a bridge, to a princess being rescued by a prince. She was such a good reader.

I need to stop thinking about my mom. Would she want me to be remembering her when I should be paying attention to Twilight? I didn’t think so, so I listened as Twilight droned on about my transformation and history when a sudden scream came out of nowhere. This caused Twilight to look outside, seeing no sign of anything. Fluttershy ran up to her, rambling about something with the animals and a weird one causing a lot of noise. Without a second thought the two ran away, Twilight forgetting me. I spoke to the air.

“Thank you!” When suddenly a reply came.

“Your welcome!”

Rainbow Dash flew into the room laughing at the prank she just did.

“It was simple really, all I had to do was make a lot of noise and put a dummy snake in Fluttershy’s garden. I told her about it ahead of time of course, my is she a good actor.” She continued. “So I hear you’re a Pegasus who can’t fly someone clip your wings or something?”

“I guess someone did, as I’m stuck to the ground as much as a stump is.” I replied jokingly.

She giggled as she encouraged me to try and fly up to the ceiling. I ended up falling on my face. She held her laughter long enough to offer her teachings.

“How about you come to my place and I teach you how to fly. I should be more fun than spending the day with these dusty old books."

I couldn’t agree more.

*Author’s Note*

I hope you are enjoying the series so far. I am planning to make the chapters shorter, as to make it easier for my editor, and so that I can release a steady stream of chapters maybe as often as everyday or every other day. Just don’t hold my word for it! Thanks for the support!

-Tomiix