• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 1,822 Views, 44 Comments

Pwnification - Tomiix



When you find a small worm hole that leads to Equestria, you find an escape from your crummy life.

  • ...
11
 44
 1,822

Welcome, Starlight

Pwnification
Chapter One

The air was clean and beautiful, trees and flowers littered the entire landscape. Business was booming for the locals. Everyone knew each other and was really nice, you always had a friend when you needed one. There were no worries as children scampered around playing tag, hide and seek, or kick the can. The local inn keeper always told stories to the little-ones around his fire in the back; he usually gave free meals to the poorer folk, mostly the older members of the booming community, who couldn’t work for themselves.

It was a good town, Jackson Town, and walking through it every day on my way home from school was the best, when I leave the town though I continue my mile walk all the way to Pitsville. The polar opposite of Jackson Town, instead of being littered by trees and flowers, it was littered by trash and dog crap. I was an upstanding member of the community at school and at home, I deserved to live in Jackson Town. Unfortunately money doesn’t grow on trees as they say, and all the money from my side work goes towards making money for dinner for my little sister, as my dad is too damn drunk half the time to acknowledge our existence.

Life sincerely sucked to be blunt and it sucked even more when my dad beat her to death. She’s only 4, I was at school, and he did it. He always threatened to beat one of us for the stupidest reasons. I always told her to stay in her room and not disturb him during his drunken rage, but telling by the police vehicles outside my house, I could tell she didn’t listen. By his claim, he didn’t beat her and intruders caught both of them off guard. It was obvious he was lying though, you could tell by his little grin, as he looked at me, as if asserting his superiority. He didn’t appreciate me taking care of the whole family of three, but what was I supposed to do, starve!?

I lived by myself, in that same house. I’m only 17 but I was able to pass off 18, as my birthday was the following week. I didn’t want to be in foster care, heck I took care of myself pretty good already. Would it really be that different? It was, without her smiling face pulling me through I felt like I was walking dead. I stopped going to school for days, until while looking for some food I found my sisters old doll. If she saw me like this, what would she think of me? I had to keep pushing through. I thought about quitting school and getting a full time job, but mom always stressed good education, before she had an “accident” when I was in 5th grade. I kept going, for her.

It was the Monday of my birth-week when a bunch of my friends challenged me to watch some new T.V. show. Ever since I started living by myself, I had to cut cable and electricity, to conserve cash. They I was in a rough spot, where they rubbing it in?

“Dude, I really think that it would help you out. Put a smile to your face, make you feel better.”

“You mean, make me look like a little girl who liked playing with dolls?”

I really could care less about my appearance in school. I look liked a dump, and smelt like one too. Heck the soup kitchen actually let me in once, I must have looked really convincing. Hell of a lot better than a bit of cheese and crackers. Yet the idea that I would watch some kid show was really unusual.

Why were THEY watching it? Was it really that good? Or were they just trying to come out of the closet? I really didn’t want to be part of the process, but out of curiosity and sheer boredom, I went to the local library, and looked up My Little Pony for the first time. I found myself watching for hours, until I was caught up with the entire show. I envied the little ponies; they lived in a place like Jackson Town. It was bright and welcoming. Each of the ponies had no parents living with them, (except Apple Jack, but she lives on a family farm, so there’s no surprise.) Yet they were happy and content with there friends. The entire town was friendly. In my town, you could walk the entire stretch and see not one smile. But in the show everyone smiled! How I wished and pleaded to be there.

I apologized to my friends about calling them gay, and we talked forever about the fandom, and all aspects of the MLP universe. I even started reading fan fics, but either they were either perverted or very dark. I didn’t need more darkness in my life, and I don’t really see the appeal in faping to ponies. I mean there like mini horses, what parts of them are sexy? The anatomy in most of them doesn’t even make sense. I don’t wish to watch an Animal Planet documentary on horses mating, but I know that it isn’t the same as human sex, and so I choose to avoid them and only enjoy a few fics.

Now, I do not claim to be the biggest fan. There are kids way crazier in love with the series than me. They buy all the toys and stream each new episode in 1080p the minute it’s on. I’m a casual fan of the series, but what happens next was only worthy of those big time fans, more amazing then anything I have ever seen. Yet I’m glad to have taken the journey.

It’s January, naturally it’s so cold, I could make my own snot into popsicle sticks. I notice at the border of Jackson Town and Pitsville, a heat wave. You know how, when you look at cooking food, like bacon and it generates so much heat that you see waves in the air above it? Well that’s what I saw. The snow around the area was completely melted, and flowers grew in the patches. All the other kids who lived in Pitsville, who were walking by were completely oblivious to the phenomenon but me. So I walked up to it, and noticed that when I got closer, there was this small circle in the middle of this patch of Eden.

It was about as big as an eye, upon closer inspection it appeared that colors flashed out of the hole. These colors while shining on me, left my heart at ease and I felt at peace. Then I heard some talking.

“PINKIE PIE! STOP KNOCKING OVER MY BOOKS!” Screamed the voice of a familiar violet pony.

At first I thought I was hearing things, someone must have been watching the show on their IPod as they were walking by. As I looked around no one was around, as it was getting dark fast. I’ve stood in the same spot for two hours. I picked at my ears, rubbed at my eyes and looked down the hole as I saw the bright pink pony jumping off the walls.

“and then the Elements went WOOSH and made a hole in your ceiling. Told you it wasn’t my fault Twi.”

“Even if you’re telling the truth Pinkie, how do we know where the hole leads too? It isn’t night time, and my room is on the second floor of the library anyway.”

“There’s only one way to find out!”

Pinkie promptly took some tools from Twilight’s Science kit. She then gingerly tried to pry the hole open, not noticing me on the other end. She stared into the hole slowly making it expand with a blank look, like she couldn’t see me. Suddenly, I hear the Inn keeper from the Jackson Town inn call his dog for some food, and in the mad rush, the mutt shoved into me pushing me into the hole. My body mass kept the hole open, as the two ponies now had a good view of my upper-body now sticking out of there ceiling.

“Oh wow a guest! He’s an alien too, look at him!” Exclaimed Pinkie, a bit too excited about the visit.

Twilight was looking alright, she witnessed all science she believed in disappear as I was wiggling helplessly in her roof. I finally got myself loose, and was going to pull out, but so much of my weight was leaning forward that instead I fell into the hole, and it closed behind me. I landed straight on my head, and was knocked out with a panicked hoof to the face via Twilight. The inn keeper approached to investigate me, seeing my head being caught in the snow, yet when I fell in, he noticed my disappearance, and walked back inside, assuming he was seeing things.

I awoke in a strange medical ward, with staring ponies all focused on me. Included in the list are Twilight and the Princess Celestia. I wanted to bow down right away, so I hopped out of the stretcher and took a knee. This startles everyone in the room until they realize the gesture I was making toward there princes, and she smiled.

“I see you know me.”

“Know you? Everyone who’s a fa…”

I stopped myself. What if they don’t know about being on T.V. how they are just cartoons drawn up for the pleasure of little girls, and well older people like me. I didn’t want to diminish their entire way of life. Heck maybe the entire show is based on this, the REAL Equestria. Yet, he still wasn’t sure he was there. All he has seen was the inside of a tree house and this weird medical ward.

“I’m less curious about how you know me, but more curious about how you GOT here.” Inquired the princess

“Umm right, all I remember before being stomped in the face by a certain pony, was that I fell into this hole and I met Twilight”

Twilight couldn’t help but interrupt with apologies as Celestia calms her and says that it was a normal reaction.

“How do you know her name?” Inquired Celestia

I wasn’t going to be able to explain myself truthfully to the Princess without ruining there whole world, so I asked if she could dismiss everybody, so we could talk privately. When everyone left, I explained the entire situation to the Princess and Twilight. The Princess was quiet and understanding, and never interrupted me. When I was finished. She explained herself.

“You are not the first of human-kind to come here. Every time we have had to resort to using the Elements of Harmony to stop evil, the shock-wave of its power created small holes in our world, eventually being discovered by someone. Heck my lead adviser was once human, he advises me of paranormal events like the one you are a part of.” Stated Celestia

“What do you mean by “once” human.” I asked worriedly.

“Well… It might be better for him to tell you. Hey Jamison, come in.”

An old pony walked in. You could tell he had little to no vision, but he could still tell my body shape, and was pleasantly surprised.

“I thought you were showing me the human.”

“I am.”

Shocked, I self-evaluated myself, and I had not changed into a pony. Yet if this was the human, will I eventually become ponified? I gave him a look of concern, I couldn’t tell if he understood my facial expressions or not, but it seemed he did as he explained.

“During your second day here, the magic holding together all Equestria will turn you into a pony to keep balance, since humans aren’t supposed to be here. This change is permanent, and to protect other ponies I will not allow you to go back to where you came from. The princess has the power to return you home. You need to decide now; will you be staying with us in Equestria?”

This was all so sudden; did I want to stay here? My heart says yes but my mind says no. Yet after long thought, I realized that there is nothing really out there for me. Everything that was precious was gone. I had always dreamed of living in a place like this, and now I had my chance, and I was taking it.

“I would love to stay sir.”

“Very Good, before I start… how should I say it, resocializing you, why don’t you tell me how are current events up there? Is Vietnam over yet?”

Did he just ask me about Vietnam? That war has been started and over with long before MLP FIM, does this mean that what I thought was true, that the animation is based off of this? Also, if he was around for Vietnam, he must be pretty old. What should I tell him?

“umm… it’s been long done sir.”

“Did we win son? Did we show them not to mess with the states?”

So he was American, well might as well make him feel good.

“We beat down those idiots like there was no tomorrow. “

That’s good… my brother was in the war, before I got sucked up in here I would always root him on, good thing it was all worthwhile. Now let’s cover what you are going to need to get used to.”

The shriveled old pony walked me to a group of six ponies. The old man explained.

“These are the representatives of the Elements of Harmony, since they caused you to join us here, they are more than willing to assist you.”

Each one introduced themselves, one by one.

“Howdy, I’m Apple Jack”

“Whatsup? I’m Rainbow Dash”

“Hi… I’m Fluttershy…”

“The name is Rarity”

“I’M PINKIE PIE!”

“and I am Twilight Sparkle. I’m so sorry for hoofing you?”

He didn’t want to be reminded, not only did he get beat up by a girl, but a girl my little pony.

“They will help you get accustomed to Equestria when you finish morphing.”

I was very excited to meet the mane six, I had so many questions to ask, but the old pony was inpatient, and tug on my shirt with his teeth, as if gesturing me to continue on. The old pony led me to a room, my room for the next week. There was a bed, it was way too small for a young adult my size, but then I realized that it won’t matter once I start changing, which brought the question, what will happen? Will it hurt? The massive amount of pain pills in the side table drawer reassured me that it will hurt, a lot. I would be locked in there for a week, because apparently the transformation gets really ugly, and no pony wants to see that. The old man left me in my room, and I awaited a change.

I woke up in the morning on the floor starved, they delivered me my food through a slot like a prisoner, yet I would find cards with words of encouragement from ponies I didn’t even know. I haven’t even met these ponies yet but they still cared. I felt genuinely cared for, and it has been awhile since I have felt that way. Breakfast was unusual, Apples, Cupcakes, and Flowers. Then I remembered that I should be transforming into a pony, and ponies eat Flowers and Apples. I’m still not sure if it’s normal for ponies to eat sweets, but I honestly could care less.

It finally happened after lunch, I felt a jolt in my back and I immediately took a pain pill. Even after I took the pill I still felt immense pain, and I could see my skin get furrier. I can’t remember much of the details of my transformation as I nearly fainted every time I saw my body morph differently, or discovered the knock-out pills (humorously named Twilight's Medicine, no one is going to let me live that one down) to keep my sanity. I took to too much meds, and I awoke when the entire process was entirely over.

I awoke in a haze, I tried standing up on my legs as usual, but my center of balance drastically changed, causing me to land on my fore-legs. That when I almost scared myself to death. It wasn’t a dream, I was really a pony or, a Stallion or Colt was more appropriate. I splashed water into my face from the sink across of the room. I looked at the mirror, I had wings. I was a Pegasus Pony. The hairs that covered me were white as snow, my hair had different shades of blue, and my eyes were a dark hazel. Continually looking down my side I realize I had no cutie mark, yet I was full sized. I could feel the insults now, and no pony has even seen me yet. I tried moving my wings, but I was still not adjusted with the new appendage. The door opened, and I was greeted by Twilight.

“Great, you look like as if you were meant to be here in the first place. I guess the first order of business is to get you to Celestia. Oh my we have so much to do, I should write a checklist! I’ll do that on the flying carriage ride down to Ponyville.”

Now I know where I am, there was no doubt, if were taking a flying carriage down to Ponyville, we were in Canterlot. Yet the odd chamber they were leaving did not feel like the luxurious Cantelot he remembered from the show. It looked dark and confined. That was until he walked out of the hallway into the Canterlot Castles main receiving hallway. Twilight promptly closed the secret doors as to not attract wondering, undeserving eyes.

Now, before heading to Ponyville, I first had to officaly meet Celestia, in somewhat of a ceremony, but it was only Celestia, some ponies of importance that worked for her, Twilight and Me. Apparently word let out about me and everypony wanted to see the “Alien”. Yet all I can do is assume, yet I didn’t care, I kind of liked being center of attention. Since I’m used to sitting in the behind the scenes, as no one really had a use for me, now everypony knew about me.

----

Celestia smiled, and spoke.

“My name is Princes Celestia, I would like to welcome you to your new home, Equestria! What is your name?”

I prepared to speak, since I have said my name multiple times through out my life, as like most people, it was like instinct.

“My name is …”

I couldn’t finish my sentence, why couldn’t I say my name? Every attempt I made only resulted in gibberish. Twilight looked at me concerned. I simply stared at Celestia, confused.

“Like many before you, you have forgotten your name during your transformation, this is a sign that your transformation is complete, and we can officially allow you in to our world. If you will allow me, I shall grant you a name that you will follow by, for the rest of your life here.”

“Princess, please grant me a name.”

“Very well.”

She walked up to me, her horn glowed and she touched it to my head.

“I Princess Celestia herby grant the title Starlight, to this new pony. His name, borrowed from a once great Pony who saved our world from disaster many years ago. In hopes that his arrival is a sign of hope and safety.”

Twilight gasped, as she looked at one of the many window panes in Princes Celestia’s throne chamber, as I shared the direction of my eyes with her, I realized there was this brave looking pony, personally protecting the Princess from a foul beast, that looked exactly like my new form. As I eyed the Cutie Mark, I felt a tingle down my spine as I felt her magic coursing through my vanes. Where the magic stopped the same Cutie Mark that Starlight had, he shared on his flank. It was a shooting star leaving a blue trail.

Amazed by the immense amount of magic it must of taken to grant a cutie mark, Twilight looked towards Celestia, confused. Yet the princess only smiled, and awaited me to say something. All I could do is bow, and say

“Thank you.”

She nodded her head, acknowledging my bow yet she had not spoken a word, as if she expected a speech of some kind. Noticing the awkward silence, she looked towards Twilight.

“My faithful student, Twilight Sparkle. I now instill a new task upon you. You must guide Starlight through the ways of being a pony, how to act and how to behave and prepare him for a dinner of his honor. You may enlist the help of your friends, as such a task will take the help of close friends to accomplish. Can you do this?”

“Of course Princess, I will try my hardest.”

“Then go, I will see both of you soon. Good luck, Starlight.” She giggled as she realized the unusual similarity between our names.

----

I followed her up the castle stairs, towards a platform of knights, preparing a carriage for them. Twilight promptly jumped in the seat and patted the cushion next to her gesturing me to sit down. I rested myself awkwardly. I’m surprised I am even able to walk, what with all the changes in my body. Yet I realized that the new body had no new muscle, when I would move my arms in human form, it would move my fore legs and when I moved my shoulders, I really moved my wings. The Pegasus’ pulling the chariot moved swiftly as I would look around amazed by the colors. I heard a noise coming from the town they were approaching, Ponyville. Banners were hung and people waited around our landing site. I was amazed; all of those ponies were waiting for me! Twilight looked towards me happy to see me happy. I truly was happy this was nothing like Pitsville and I was excited to begin.