• Published 8th Dec 2012
  • 3,246 Views, 40 Comments

A Para-military Paranoid in Equestria. - The Last Renegade



A former Marine is transported into the MLPVerse. Can he find peace among ponies?

  • ...
24
 40
 3,246

The Suit.

I woke up to JARVIS playing calming music. " Quite a good way to start the day hmm?" He asked. " Yeah. What time is it?" " 8 A.M. sir." I cracked my back. " Great. Let's run some tests on the suits alright?" I asked him, putting my shirt on and assembling the suit around me.

"Now, to retract the helmet, just think about the helmet retracting. It'll read your thoughts." " Right. One pecent power." I said, hovering off the ground. "This ready to fly?" " Affirmative sir." He told me, a hatch opened up top, revealing the morning sky.

'Right. No fear.' I think to myself. "Set speed 50 Miles Per Hour. " The suit flew up " WOOOOOOO!" I yelled. 'This is happening.' I flew towards the Castle. " Speed 300 Miles!" The rockets boosted me to 300 MPH. Within ten seconds I was hovering by the Castle.

I landed lightly, retracting my helmet. As I walked into the lobby, the guards looked at me. " What? A man can't make an entrance? It's a suit full of weapons." I walked into the dinning room. " I'm back." "What is that?!" " A suit. Of iron and weapons. Made it to protect Equestria. Moves faster than Rainbow." Tia just looked at me.

"Can it outrun me?" "Let's find out." I told her, putting my visor down. We went outside to race. " Three! Two! One! GO!" Luna counted down. I took off at 400 MPH, outrunning my sister majorly. I landed in ponyville in seconds, Tia landing moments later. " I wasn't even at half speed!" " That suit is fast!" Dash yelled out. I turned around. " Jack? Is that you?" She asked, I put my visor up. I half smiled. " Whoa. That thing is faster than me!"

" That's the point. It was made to reach anywhere in minutes." I told her. " Get on. I'll fly you back to our place." She got on and held tightly. " I'll hold you on." I said, wrapping my arms around her and taking off. " Alright, this is 200 Miles an hour." " About the speed I'd be at in a sonic rainboom."

I landed a minute later in the base. " Welcome back home masters." He said, taking off the suit. " Hey, you put your shirt on." " Yeah. Finally remembered to." I told her, walking upstairs with her. " Want to go out for breakfast?" " Sure. Let's walk though okay?" I scratched my beard. "Alright, we'll walk." We walked out the door, Dash kept close to me.

We got to a fancy restaurant in Canterlot. " You been here before?" "Nope." I told her. We walked inside and a waiter sat us down. I don't think she remembered it was Hearts and Hooves day. "Hey. I got you something." I said, handing VIP Wonderbolts tickets to her. " Why did you get me these?" She asked me happily. " Hearts and Hooves day."

She facehoofed " I totally forgot about that! I didn't get you a gift!" I smiled at her. "You already have." " What?" " You. You're the perfect gift." She nuzzled her head into my chest, putting my arm around her. " You're too good to me."

" I know." " If anything were to happen, and you could only save everything that you loved in life or yourself, who would you save?" I chuckled at her question. " You of course. You keep me alive. Therefore, I would be happy, no matter what pain I'd have to live in." She smiled largely at that. " So you would live in pain for the rest of your life to let me live?" "Precisely." I told her as a waiter got us some water. " Ready to order?" " I'll have a salad." " I'll have the same."

We ate dinner, getting a few looks. Other than that, pretty eventful. " You want to fly back?" " Sure." So, we flew back to my place. After we got inside, I asked, " You want to move in here? There's plenty of space." To which she replied " Sure. Thanks for the tickets. Means alot to me." I smiled, because of the simple fact that I made her happy.

" You're welcome. I just like to see you happy." " When I'm near you, I'm always happy." " You know, we still haven't sat by the fire yet." " Well, what are we waiting for?" She asked, walking to the fireplace. As she sat down, I lit the fire.

"There we go..." I said sitting by Dash, running my hand down her mane. " Remember: Those are VIP tickets. I also got a private session to see if you could be a Wonderbolt." She had fallen asleep. I decided to go to sleep as well.

I woke up in the everfree, it looked like noontime. I heard a voice. " Well well well... he's finally awake. That's nice." It sounded like a male. I heard Dash choking, and I quickly got up. " Who are you!?" I yelled, then, a human figure came out. He looked somewhat like me, Black hair, black wings with the white tips, scar on his eye, except his was on his other eye.

" Dash?!" I saw her being choked by the man. "Put her down." " Or what? You'll hit me?" "I'll rip out fucking guts and strangle you with them." This was my worst nightmare. come true. "Not going to say this again. Put. Her. DOWN!" I yelled at the man. I lunged at him with my knife as he shot Dash with my gun. I stabbed him in the heart. " FUCK YOU!! I'LL MAKE YOU PAY YOU SON OF A BITCH!" I yelled at him, stabbing him repeatedly. I ran to Dash, who had been shot in the head.

" No... Dash..." I started crying. " I..." I said, Luna flying up to me. She just stared at the lifeless body. " I loved her... with all my heart... Why not me?!" I picked up my 1911 and emptied the mag into the killers head. With one final bullet, I aimed it at myself. " Goodbye..." I told her. She tried to swat the gun away. It was too late. I had killed myself.

With that bullet, I awoke with a gasp. "AHH!" I screamed out. Dash was cooking lunch. I looked around and I was in my house. I got up and went to her. " What's wrong?!" "I... Just had the worst nightmare ever. There was another human, and he had taken you hostage. He had my gun and killed you. I unloaded five bullets into him... and shot myself in the head."

" Hey. I'm here now. Don't worry." I was still sweating like a dog in a volcano. "I'm... gonna go take a shower." I told her, walking to the bathroom. I took my clothes off, turned on the shower, and got in.

" That was horrifying." I told myself. 'Fuck you mind' I thought. I showered for about 5 minutes before getting out and putting my clothes back on, except my shirt. I was in a shirtless mood. I combed my hair back and looked at myself. My eye, my scars, it looks like I've been though hell and back.

Looking at my six foot five self, I figured I needed meat. ' But ponies are vegetarians...' I thought to myself. "Dammit." I said aloud, Dash seeming to hear me. " What's wrong?" I walked in with a frown. "I'm getting weaker. Humans need meat to survive. For the protein." " How do humans have the guts to kill helpless animals?"

" Without us, they'd be all dead. We breed them and eat them. We didn't climb to the top of the food chain for nothing. And because we're a terrible species. We were in... 6 wars in the past hundred years." " We haven't had a war in a thousand years." Wow. " Lucky bastards." " I can maybe get JARVIS working on a replicator to make infinite supply of meat for me. JARVIS!"

" Yes master?" "Could we get a replicator to make meat?" A short pause. " Yes master. I could start now." " Please do."

While JARVIS made the machine, Rainbow and I had lunch. "So, about the name thing. What were you thinking?" We sat for a few hours thinking. " Shadow Fire. " " Not bad. Fits you well." " Normally I'm just like a shadow, you know I'm there, but I won't do anything. Fire for when ponies mess with my friends." "Or marefriend." " Or marefriend yes. Dash? " "Yeah? " I kissed her deeply. " I love you" "Love you too." Shadow fire... I Do have that personality.

It was already dark. " Well. Let's head to sleep." I said, walking towards the bed. I hopped on and Dash followed, falling quickly asleep in my arms, while my wings covered her. " My wings warm?" "Mmhmm." She whispered, nuzzling her head into my neck. I slowly fell asleep.

Author's Note:

Whew! Another four hours of work, and bam Publish chapter!
5:20 A.M.

Jack signing off.

Yeah, my real nane is Jack, always loved that name.
Bai.