• Published 6th Dec 2012
  • 950 Views, 9 Comments

descendants of the creators - soulpony



follow the story of the lost children of a pair of crearors

  • ...
10
 9
 950

ch.1

Many millennia ago, long before the cosmos had fully formed there existed a species of bi-pedal creatures that were created by a being as old as time. They were known as the Mundi Formatores .Their job was to shape the very cosmos and bring forth a plan created long before time even existed. There was two variants of this species. On one side was the Vita Datores while on the other side was the ones known as the Nocte Dominorum.

The Vita Datores job was to fashion different species that could live on different planets. They were to fashion millions of creatures using their imagination. They created little creatures with multiple legs and eyes, ones that stood tall, some that preyed on creatures others had created. But one species was special to them and very dear to their hearts. This species was named man and was fashioned to look like their creators in a hope that they one day may become like the Mundi and could then be welcomed back as members of the family. With hope for the humans and the multitude of other species created the Mundi sent them off into the deepest reaches of the cosmos so that the breath of life could be given and their jobs would almost be done.

The Nocte Dominorum were tasked with shaping the very cosmos in which everything was to live. They were given the power to move giant bodies of gas so that they could compress them down and force out light for the things to see by . they would arrange these newly created balls of light into shapes so that others could look up and see their work they sent some of these through the galaxies into some places where light has never shined before so that the new species could always look to the sky and know that their creators still cared for them and always would.

The two races followed their jobs for centuries. They went about their lives unable to die from disease, starvation, even old age. They were not allowed to pass on from these things for without them new creatures could not be created and the heavens would be unable to move. But as with all sentient beings they began to grow jealous of what the other races had.
The Nocte Dominorum grew jealous of the fact that they cold never create life for the universe, all they were able to do was the deal with the cosmos itself but it was dead and couldn’t show appreciation. The Vita Datores grew jealous because while they could create life they couldn’t do anything to show their creations how much they cared. They believed that if they were able to get the Nocte’s ability to shape the stars then they could create things to show their care.

As is the way of the universe both races jealousy continued to grow, both sides completely unaware of the fact that the other side was just as jealous of them as they were of the other. Their animosity grew and grew until It was almost at the breaking point. Finally on one of the days near the site where the Vita Datores would create life a group of Nocte had decided that they had waited long enough. They raided a small Vita camp slaughtering all within. When the Vita that were supposed to switch with the ones in the camp for shift change arrived and saw the sight before them they were saddened that something like this could happen. As they began cleaning they stumbled upon a young child barely able to breath. When they begged him to tell them what happened he only managed to breath out the words ‘Nocte’ and ‘attack’ before he closed his eye and let out his last breath.

The match had been lit and the spark that would lead to the destruction of the two races had begun. The Vita Datores had declared war on the Nocte Dominorum as a result of the camp massacre. Both sides began to prepare for the war. They began building weapons imbued with the powers. There was blades that could bring down stars, staffs that could summon the elements, and all manner of tools designed to do only one thing, destroy their enemy before they were destroyed themselves. For the first time in over seven hundred millennia the two races were ready to wipe the other out.
The first battle took place on what was known as the thunder plains. The two armies clashed against each other as blood flew into the sky. Bright flashes, sparks, and all manners of elements flew past blinding all who saw it as the two groups blades met each other . screams of pain and anger raged through the sky as the people down below fell to the ground dead. The battle raged on and it egan to look as though the Vita Datores would win. Just as it came down to the last three Nocte against a remaining fifty Vita soilders the sun started to set. Two of the remaining Nocte were skewered with glowing pikes leaving only the one young soilder left.

The young soilder fought until he couldn’t anymore and after he had managed to kill thirteen of the Vita soilders in a berserk rage he felt a sharp piercing pain in his chest. Looking down he could see the tip of a blade jutting out from the bottom of his chest just below where his heart would be. As he fell to the ground it was as if everything was in slow motion, he could see them barely moving yet as he looked on he saw the blood that had been spilled by his comrades move around almost as if it was alive, then it flew at him almost to fast to notice. When it touched him he felt a strong chill flow through his bones. He lay still for well over an hour even after the Vita soilders had left because he still held the belief that he was dying.

After another hour he realized that if he was going to die he would have done so already ,he slowly got to his knees and when he looked down at his chest he saw nothing but a tear where the blade had ripped his clothing. There was no open wound, no cut, not even a scar from where the blade had ripped through his flesh. He was curious about what had happened but he wasn’t about to question whatever miracle had saved his life. He didn’t want to go back to the war because he had already almost died once and he didn’t want to take the chance it would happen again because he didn’t know if he would be lucky enough for another miracle. With one last glance towards his fallen comrades he picked up his weapon and made his way towards the forest he could see in the distance.

Two days later

For two whole days the young soldier has been walking toward the forest, only stopping to rest for a few minutes to rest or just long enough to use the bathroom. He had finished what little bit of rations he had this morning for breakfast but now he was only around a half hour from the forest. When he reached the edge of the forest he heard a scream coming from inside and it sounded close to where he was.

He drew his weapon , a dual headed battle scythe, both heads glowing. One side was a bright red , it almost felt warm to the touch due to the flame spell enchanting it while the other was glowing blue and crackling with electricity. With one last look behind him he rushed towards the direction that the scream had emanated from. After a few minutes of dodging and weaving around tree trunks he came upon a small clearing. In the middle of the clearing lay a small bleeding figure with a creature he had never seen before standing over it. The creature looked like one of the Vita had taken a mix of different creatures they would normally make and just mashed them together .

He saw the creature move one of its limbs after which he heard a snapping sound followed by a bolt of lightening strike the figure laying on the ground. With a shout he ran at the creature with his scythe raise high. The mysterious creature turned around just in time to see the scythes come dropping down at its throat. The red hot blade sliced through its neck as easily as if it was butter. The body of the creature fell to the ground as its head flew off into the tree line from the force put behind the swing.

With the creature dead the young soilder walked towards the bleeding figure on the ground. He knelt down before it and removed the blood soaked hood covering its face. What he saw surprised him more than the creatures he just killed. It was a young Vita female. Looking down at her he gave a small sigh before picking her up and heading towards a small stream he had saw while running towards this clearing. He looked down at the figure in his arms knowing he would probably regret doing this later, even though she was supposed to be the enemy she looked no older than him, he couldn’t let one so young die just yet, she still had many years to live. Even though it only took a couple of minutes to run to that clearing it took more that two hours to find that damned stream. His package had yet to move but he knew she was still alive, he could feel her breathing. Eventually the stream had come into sight and he rushed towards it eager to clean the blood off of her so that he could see the extent of her wounds and so that he could finally get something to drink.

When he got to the stream he leaned her against a tree and walked over to the water. When he got over to the water he fell to his knees and cupped his hands before dipping them into the crystal clear water. He pulled them back out trapping some water and putting it towards the best water he had ever drank. After he had spent ten minutes quenching his thirst he took a look at his reflection. He didn’t look too bad considering the way the world was. His blue eyes still looked vibrant although his black hair was grimy and in desperate need of a wash. Even his matte black wings could use a wash. He was glad he had gotten a Vita to mess around with his body before this dreadful war had begun. He had paid the Vita saying that he wanted a pair of wings, whatever type would look best , an hour later he had left sporting a pair of shiny black bat wings.

Finished with his inspection he turned back to the tree he had left his charge at, seeing her still asleep he walked back towards her before picking her up and carrying her over to the stream. He scooped up handfuls of water pouring it on her wounds to clean out the blood. After five minutes he finally stopped and looked at her wounds, nothing too bad a few cuts here and there,not to mention a burn mark on her right arm. She was damaged but she would live. With that taken care of the soilder laid her back against the tree again before leaving to find some food and wood for a fire. Wood would be easy to find considering they were in a forest so he decided he would just focus on finding some food and grab some wood on the way back.

He searched for well over two hours and only managed to scrape up a few meager handfuls of berries. Eventually he gave up and started heading back towards the stream grabbing what twigs and limbs he could spot on the way. When he was back at the stream he piled all the firewood he had gathered and used the scythe blade with the flame spell to heat the limbs up until they caught on fire.
After he had made sure that the fire was nice and high he turned towards his charge he saw her start to shift and turn as if she was about to wake up. He made a last second decision and hid behind one of the trees so that she wouldn’t be scared until he could explain what’s going on.

She sat up and looked around the little camp that surrounded her. He watched her crawl over to the river and dip her hands in before putting them to her mouth. After she had spent some time getting rid of her thirst she crawled over to the fire and began looking at her surroundings again.

“where am I and how did I get here”? she muttered looking back towards the blazing fire.

The young soilder debated on whether or not he should show himself or just leave her and continue on his way alone for who knows how long. Finally after a ten minute argument with himself he finally decided to come out from behind the tree and confront her. He peeked out to see her still facing away from him and towards the fire. Slowly he made his way over to where she was.

“I’m glad to see that you’ve finally woke up.”

She jumped into the air, screaming at the top of her lungs. She scrambled to her feet as a wooden staff with a blood red crystal floating above it appeared In her hands. The soilder’s jaw dropped to the ground as he tried to figure out just where she had managed to pull that weapon from, she didn’t have it when he was carrying her.

“Don’t be afraid. I won’t hurt you. I’m the one who fixed you up.”

She looked at him incredulously” but you’re a Nocte why would you help a Vita”

The solider sighed.” Because I never wanted to be a part of this bloody war. All I wanted to do was live my life doing what I love by shaping the cosmos”

Her weapon started to lower but only slightly

“Look if I wanted to hurt you I could’ve just done it while you were unconscious. Your safe ok.”
They stared at each other for a few more minutes before she finally lowered her staff. She snapped her fingers and it disappeared in a flash of light.

“where did you get that weapon from, I didn’t see it around earlier”?

She got a proud little smile on her face” it’s a soul bonded weapon . I can summon and make it disappear at will”

The solider looked stunned , a weapon you could summon at will. That was amazing.

“ well ,since your all healed up you are free to leave when ever you want, I will not stop you”

The girl looked down as tears started to form in her eyes.”I have no where to go, a group of Nocte soliders raided my village and killed everybody. I’m the only one who managed to survive because I was visiting a neighboring village during the attack.”

The solider looked down at the fire, deep in thought. “ if you have no where else to go then your welcome to come with me, but first I will need to know your name. I am Umbran.”
The girl’s smile returned.” I would like that. My name is Lux.”

(Doing some time shifts here so that I can start to get to the main focus of the story.)

Three months later

Lux was an interesting traveling to say the least. Once she got used to Umbran she could barely get her to stop talking. And she would talk about pretty much anything. It would provide them many different topics and hours of enjoyment. In truth it didn’t really bother Umbran. He found it quite charming and refreshing.

Seven months later

They had encountered many different groups of soliders upon their traveling route. Many they had simply skirted past avoiding attention. While others they killed because they couldn’t avoid them or had no choice but to remove them from their path. They had become close friends trusting each other for almost anything. But neither one knew that the other was starting to develop deeper feelings for the other. Feelings that transcended friendship.

Two months later

Finally after one full year of wandering they had finally found a safe haven where they could settle down. Exactly one month ago they had confessed their feelings to on another. Now Lux was one month pregnant and they wanted to settle down somewhere away from all the fighting.

Eight months later

Lux had finally given birth to a pair of twin brother. They were special though for one was born taking after his father while the other took after his Vita mother. What was odd was that they were born with a set of wings each. The Nocte brother named Daemon was born with a set of black bat wings like his father while the Vita brother named Angelus who was born with a white pair of feathered wings almost like a bird.

Nine years later

On the boys ninth birthday they were given a valuable present. Each was given a copy of the weapon that their respective parent used. Daemon received a dual headed battle scythe and Angelus received a wooden staff like his mother but his gem was yellow. Thanks to some magic worked by their mother the weapons were soul bonded to the boys.

Eight years later

On the day of the boys seventeenth birthday It was decided that they would finally leave. Umbran their father had been storing his power for over eighteen years for this day. He would use it to let them travel across the universe to a new planet, one that would be safer. On this day the small family gathered out in their front yard and let Umbran’s power flow over them. It shot them straight out into the cosmos heading for who know where. But there was a problem during the journey Umbrans power lost control because of lack of regular use. He had used to much during a short amount of time and couldn’t control it. He and Lux managed to stay together but the boys had split off shooting into the darkest reaches of the galaxy.
The brothers tried to get back to their parents but failed to do so. They floated around to figure out where they might be. Eventually a small blue planet came into view and what little bit of magic that remained covering the boys twisted and turned until they were on a direct course to the planet. As they entered the atmosphere they accelerated and fire started forming around them. The magic that still surrounded them kept them safe from any damage the fire might do. They wrapped their wings around each other in a desperate attempt to provide some more protection. With a loud bang they smashed into the ground ,skipping a few times before crashing once again and making a crater. The edge of the crater was smoking with the fire that was surrounding it. A few feet away from the edge of the crater was a small wooden sigh with fire licking around the edges . on it were written the words -Welcome to
Ponyville-