• Published 8th Dec 2012
  • 1,138 Views, 16 Comments

Warrant - PegasYs



Fugitives of the ground, need to make it home sound, but a friend is bound, nowhere to be found.

  • ...
3
 16
 1,138

Terrorists!

“I found a spell that makes temporary wings, but it was too difficult to do more than once, so I found an easier spell that lets the rest of us walk on clouds!” Twilight said, positively beaming with her accomplishment.

“And we came to cheer you to victory!” Applejack chimed.

Rainbow Dash looked to all her friends with pride and appreciation in her heart. “To be honest, I was starting to get just the teeniest tiniest bit nervous… but I feel a lot better now that you guys are here,” she said, bringing her hoof to the ground for emphasis. “Hey, we’ve got some time before the competition. Why don’t Fluttershy and I show you around Cloudsdale!?”

This was met by jubilant cheers from everypony without wings on their backs. Rarity hovered overhead, too distracted by her own self-image to pay any mind to what those ground-bound ponies were cheering about. She saw them make begin to make their way into the heart of Cloudsdale, and gave pursuit, purely in the interest of finding more ponies to flaunt her new endowments to.

As the ponies walked onward through the city, Twilight noticed something off about the pegasi they passed. Trying to be discrete, she glanced from group to group. The ones who caught her eye looked away quickly, as if her gaze was painful or distasteful. Some would turn to their partners or groups and begin making conversation with sudden concern on their face. Her worries became paramount as she even saw one buck make a frightened bolt in the opposite direction as they rounded a bend in the cloud-crafted street.

The others seemed not to notice, too content in the city around them to observe what was happening around them.

Applejack came to stride next to Twilight, addressing her strange behavior honestly and directly. “What’s the matter, sugar cube? Never seen so many pegasi in one place?”

“Uh, yeah! There’s just so many… pegasi,” she said, grinning worriedly at her orange friend.

Applejack looked at her with a “yer kinda nutty” expression, and then picked up her pace to say something to Rainbow Dash.

Pull it together Twilight; they may just be acting weird because it’s not usual for unicorns and earth ponies to be seen in Cloudsdale. The thought made some sense, but it didn’t stop her from feeling a little insecure about their strange staring and murmuring.

The group changed direction after Applejack yelled something about going to the weather factory. Rainbow lead the posse of ponies, with Fluttershy taking up the rear.

The weather factory gates came into view. Through the threshold stood a very tall formidable cloud fortress, easily twice the height as all the other buildings in the vicinity, and vastly greater in cloud coverage.

Rainbow headed straight for the gates. Two very powerful looking pegasi with very official looking uniforms stood in the doorway, staring down the group of mares that came over the crest in front of the entrance.

Twilight again took notice of an abnormality. Glancing backwards, she spotted two equally as powerful looking stallions keeping pace behind them. She gulped, now certain that they walking into some sort of trouble.

“Out of the way, boys!” Rainbow yelled confidently at the duo blocking the entrance. They didn’t move. She tried to force her way through, pushing past their hard bodies with all her mare might. They didn’t let her through.

“Hey! What’s the big deal! The weather factory should be open for visitors right now! If you two would be so kind, I would like to go inside!” she said fiercely. The stallions took walked forward, pushing Rainbow backwards.

She bumped into Pinkie Pie, who was looking the other direction. Rainbow turned to see that she and her friends had been corralled tightly together by the four uniformed ponies. Several more came from behind walls and from alleyways, surrounding them.

All were beyond confused.

“What seems to be the trouble, boys?” Rarity called from above. All eyes turned to her, those of her friends filled with panic, the guards’ filled with hard caution.

“Ma’am, I advise you to take ground immediately, lest greater consequences must be enacted to make you do so.”

Rarity made a pouty face and widened her eyes, making a very adorable and intimate glance to the pony whom she had been addressed by. He looked unamused. She harrumphed, and landed outside of the circle surrounding her friends. A questionably overweight pegasus forced her to join with her friends.

“We received reports of non-pegasus ponies disturbing the peace in the local suburbs. Section sixteen, paragraph twenty-three of the Cloudsdale book of law strictly states that only pegasi are allowed in the limits of Cloudsdale,” the one standing in front said stoically, nodding at all the other police members. They tightened their formation on the girls.

“Did we do something wrong? I was having a really fun time!” Pinkie screeched, jumping up and down in place. The guard nearest her growled menacingly, causing Pinkie’s hooves to plant firmly on the cloud floor.

“Any action against the city-state is seen as terroristic in nature. We have a warrant for your arrest. You all will be held in contempt until your trail.” Everypony gasped.

“That’s crazy!” Twilight shouted, “This seems like way too much fuss for some harmless tourism!” Each of her friends nodded. Rainbow Dash backed up until her head was parallel to Twilight’s.

“Listen, Twilight. I need you to do something, anything, to distract the guards. If you want to make it out alive, I suggest you think of something quick,” she whispered.

“What! They seriously aren’t gonna kill us, are they?” Twilight hissed.

“Just do it!” she yelled. Twilight, momentarily conflicted, thought on her hooves. With a flash of her horn, a blinding light flashed into the eyes of all the guards.

Rainbow Dash went to the nearest police pegasus and bucked him hard in the chest. He collapsed, gasping for air.

“Everypony get out of here!” Rainbow yelled at the top of her lungs. The four other mares ran for the hills