• Published 1st Dec 2012
  • 1,951 Views, 17 Comments

The Fashionista's Dilemma - Mike the Red



Twiilght meets Rarity to provide needed assistance

  • ...
8
 17
 1,951

Contact

It had been a very eventful day for me -- having woken up as Twilight Sparkle, confusing my wife, and nearly losing my ability to use magic, traveling to Equestria, meeting Princess Celestia no less, as well as Twilight herself! After having been sent home by the Princess, Brenda had gone upstairs to get some rest. I had laid down as well, but sleep didn't seem to be calling me. I decided to go downstairs to check my facebook status -- and to update it to see if people (or ponies) would think that having transformed into Twilight Sparkle would possibly get me more friend invites. Most of my "friends" were fellow players in some of the games I indulged in. Call it a guilty pleasure if you like, but Mafia Wars was simply too tempting to resist. Curiosity got the better of me, and I started searching for people who might also have been transformed into ponies.

"Hmm, someone named Nick woke up as Rarity, interesting. Let's see if he's online," I mused. I sent a friend request, and was amazed to get an almost instantaneous response. I quickly accepted, and opened a chat with Nick.

"Hey, Nick, what's up?" I typed in. As Twilight, I was able to use my mind to manipulate the keyboard with relative ease, the typing keeping up with my telekinetic keystrokes. "I can't believe how much faster I can type this way!" I thought.

"This is Jacquelynn, I am typing for Nick, since he has no hands as Rarity" she typed.

"I would like to meet up and talk pony to pony," I typed.

"He wants to know if you're really you," she responded.

"Yep, Twilight Sparkle, in the flesh," I typed in.

"WOW!" was the response. Don't know if that was Jacquelynn or Nick.

"I need an address," I typed. The response came fairly quickly, and I searched maps for a street-view of the address. The mapping program listed driving directions, which also helped, but I was going to teleport there. "Austin, eh? That's quite a jump," I thought.

"Will be there in a few -- be prepared to see Twilight at your door!" I typed in response. Suddenly, a loud POP resounded in my bedroom, directly above where I was sitting at the computer. Xaviera and her kids heard this as well.

"Mike, what the heck was that?" Xaviera asked.

"Somepony teleported into our room," I said. "I wonder who it is." Brenda stomped on the floor to get my attention. This is how she would usually summon me if she needed anything.

"Michael! Michael! Where are you?" came a familiar female voice.

"Princess Celestia! I am downstairs in the basement!" I announced loudly enough for her to hear me. She teleported again with a flash of light and a golden POP. Xaviera and her kids were frightened by this display. The Princess had a worried look on her face.

"Michael, Discord has broken free from his prison, and abducted Twilight. I need YOU to be the replacement for her!"

"Whoa there, Princess, take it easy," I said.

"Michael! I need you! NOW!" she exclaimed frantically.

"What makes you think I can be a suitable replacement for the Element of Magic?" I asked quizzically.

"Because you and her have so much in common -- you can use magic just as efficiently as her, and --"

"Sorry to cut you off there, Princess, but I was actually talking to a human who woke up in Rarity's body earlier," I said.

"Rarity? The Element of Generosity? In THIS world?" she asked incredulously.

"Down in Austin, Texas, about 800 miles from here," I said nonchalantly.

"We need to get her to come along with us!" Celestia exclaimed, quite a bit of excitement on her face. This emotional display from the Princess was most unusual, as she normally conducts herself with a bit more calmness. I guess Discord's escape had exposed the cracks in her facade.

"I have the address so we can get going," I said, then looked up at the ceiling. "Brenda! I'm going on a little mission! I will return soon!" I shouted at the ceiling. I don't know if she heard me or not, but I'm also pretty sure Xaviera would tell her mama later about what was going on.

"Okay, Michael, we're off!" Celestia said, almost beaming a wide smile.

-------------------------------

"Nick, someone named Michael sent you a friend request!" Jacquelynn announced. "Says he's been transformed into Twilight."

"Wow! Really? Accept it, see if he's online, I wanna talk to him!" he said excitedly. The prospect of actually meeting another human transformed into a pony was thrilling indeed.

"Okay, we're in chat mode now. He says, 'Hi, Nick, what's up'?"

"Let him know it's you typing for me -- I also want to know if he's really Twilight."

"He says, 'Yep, Twilight Sparkle in the flesh'."

"WOW! I can't wait to meet up with him!" he exclaimed, almost joyfully. Rarity was also bouncing up and down inside his head, as she was going to meet up with her best friend for the first time in a few days. "Rarity, please stop, that hurts."

"I can't wait to meet Twilight!" she said. Jacquelynn echoed the same sentiment.

"He says he needs an address."

"Okay, I guess, I don't feel too comfortable giving that out, but if he's in Twilight's body, I'm sure he's willing to help us out."

"Do you think he can contact Princess Celestia in that form?" Rarity asked.

"I typed that in, but haven't gotten a response other than, 'Be prepared to see Twilight at your door'."

As soon as the words were out of her mouth, there was a frantic knocking at the front door of Nick's house. Jacquelynn opened the front door to see both Twilight and Princess Celestia.

"WOW! Twilight! Princess Celestia! WOW!!"

"Who might you be? And how do you know our names?" Princess Celestia asked Jacquelynn.

"I was just talking to Twilight on the computer just a minute ago. How'd you get here so fast?"

"Teleportation is very useful," I chuckled.

"The Princess? Here? But HOW?" Nick was flabbergasted. Rarity was overjoyed by the possibility of finally getting her body back.

"Rarity! What a pleasant surprise! It pains me to meet under such unfortunate circumstances," Celestia said with some disappointment.

"What's wrong, Princess?"

"Discord has escaped his prison in my realm, and abducted Twilight." Rarity's ears drooped.

"You already know this?" she asked me.

"Yes, unfortunately. I don't know if you're up for the challenge, but since you're in the body of one of the Elements, you might as well come along for the ride," I said, half-smiling. "When we get back, I'm sure Princess Celestia will be able to help you get things straightened out."