• Published 28th Nov 2012
  • 1,049 Views, 14 Comments

Twilight's Discovery:Things Are Changing - SailorBrony



Twilight has stumbled upon something and finds something that Equestria has never seen before.

  • ...
9
 14
 1,049

A Whole New Look!

Michael woke up in the guest room of Twilight’s house. He had had dreams of his family again. He had to stop. He needed to focus on right now and what he was going to do. He smelled breakfast being made, it was delicious.He got out of bed and walked downstairs. He saw Spike cooking in the kitchen.

“Mmm, smells good. Whatchya makin’?” Michael said.

“Just some cheese omelettes.” the little dragon replied.

“Sounds good, where’s Twilight?” he asked.

“Probably still asleep. She went to bed late last night. She said she had to write a letter to the princess.” Spike said.

“Oh, ok. So how long ‘till breakfast is ready?”

“It’s finishing up right now” Spike said as he put three omelettes on the plates.

“Alright! Let’s eat!” Michael said.

“Okay, let me get the silverware.”

***

Spike and Michael finished eating and already cleaned their plates as well as the kitchen before Twilight finally come down. The purple mare had massive bed head, which was pretty funny to look at. Spike and Michael had to hold their tongues.

“I feel like death.” Twilight said groggily.

“Yeah um Twilight, you kinda need to brush your hair.” Spike said.

Twilight looked in the mirror and saw tufts of hair sticking out at odd angles.

“Oh god!” She gasped.

With that Spike and Michael both burst out laughing.

“Yeah yeah, whatever you two.” Twilight said, sitting down at the table already heating her meal with a spell.

“Michael, we have to get you to Rarity. I’m usually not bothered by this, but your clothes look like they have been shred to pieces.” Twilight said.

“Oh, I want to come to.” Spike said.

Michael looked down at his clothes embarrassed.

“Fine, lets go.” he said.

***

The trio walked towards Carousel Boutique getting strange looks from passersby. Michael tried not to make eye contact with anypony as he walked.

“Ok, after this we can go get lunch at Sugarcube Corner.” Twilight said already planning her day.

“We just ate, how long is this going to take?” Michael said.

Twilight gave Michael an elevator glance.

“A while” she admitted.

The knocked on the door of the boutique.

“Coming!” Rarity said in a sing-song voice.

The door opened up to reveal a white unicorn with purple mane. She looked up to see Michael and jumped back, almost falling.

“Oh, sorry my dear. I was just startled by.. um..” Rarity said as her sentence trailed off,

“Hello Rarity! This is our new friend Michael.” Twilight said, trying to save the conversation, “As you can see, he really needs some new clothes.”

“Oh why certainly darling. Why don’t you come inside.” she said.

Spike was happy to hear that and ran inside, Twilight and Michael followed.

“So, if you could just stand here” Rarity said gesturing to a stand, “I can take your measurements.”

Rarity levitated the measuring tape over and started writing down his size. Now, Michael wasn’t really a big guy. He was rather thin and lanky. He has just a couple inches from six foot, but had the legs of a sprinter. Michael ran track in high school and was decent compared to the other runners. The thing that made him different was that he was pretty strong even though he didn’t look it. As well as running track, he also sailed. This gave him great core muscles and fairly good upper muscles.

Rarity gave him another once over and got a look in her eyes.

“Idea!”Rarity said.

She levitated some black and white cloth over to them. She took it to her sewing machine and began working.

The trio waited for 2 hours for Rarity to finish. She brought the folded clothes to Michael.

“Here, try this. I think you’ll look quite good in it.”

Michael changed into the new clothes. What he saw in the mirror was amazing. Rarity made some black pants that looked very good next to his boots. He also had a white v-neck shirt that was covered with an unbuttoned black jacket. The jacket had a hood and some white trim. It flowed down into a split tail, sort of like the ones on tuxedos. She even made a sheath for his knife that he put on his belt. Over all, he looked awesome!

“Wow!” Twilight said.

“Right?!” he said jokingly.

“So, do you like it dear?” Rarity asked.

“Rarity, I love it. Thanks so much!” he picked Rarity up and hugged her.

He put her down slightly embarrassed, but he didn’t care. Rarity was awesome.

She cleared her throat, “Yes it is, isn’t it?”

“Well, want to get lunch Rarity?” Twilight asked.

“Oh why darling that sounds wonderful. Where are we going?”

“We are going to Sugarcube Corner and visit Pinkie.” Twilight said.

“Delightful! Let’s get going darling.” Rarity said.

***

The group arrived at Sugarcube corner a little past noon. They were all hungry and ready to eat. Spike opened up the door for them, mostly to impress Rarity.

“Why thank you Spikey-Wikey! Aren’t you just the little gentleman today?” Rarity said.

“Yeah. Thanks, Spikey-Wikey.” Michael said chuckling, earning a . They all walked through the door and Michael smelled the most delicious things.

“I haven’t had sweets in so long!” Michael said, running up to glass display.

“Why is that dear?” Rarity asked.

“Michael has been in the Everfree for a couple months. I found him yesterday by a river in there. I don’t know how he did it, but he wasn’t.” Twilight answered.

“You can’t be serious. There is no way somepony can survive in that terrible place.” Rarity gasped.

“Yeah, thats what I thought. His setup out there was pretty ingenious though. He . I have so much to ask him.” Twilight said, watching Michael look at each pastry individually.

“You know Rarity, I don’t think he is from Equestria. He has hinted that he isn’t from here. And the way he acts is too abnormal for a beast that has grown up in the woods.” Twilight said, half to herself.

“Hmm, yes. I see what you mean darling. He certainly is strange, but nothing like a wild beast.”

With that Twilight walked up to Michael.

“Michael, did you want to get anything?”

“I don’t want to spend all your money Twilight.”

“It’s totally fine. Get whatever you want. They are all delicious.” Twilight said.

“Thank you so much Twilight!” he said.

“It’s really no problem.” Twilight blushed.

Just then the Mr. and Mrs. Cake walked in. The were startled by Michael’s presence, but tried to act as if it were normal.

“Did you figure out what you wanted, honey?” Mrs. Cake asked.

Spike quickly ordered, “I will have one Saphire cupcake.”

The two girls ordered next. Rarity got a cheesecake and Twilight bought a slice of apple pie. The apples were from Applejack’s farm. It finally came down to Michael. He couldn’t figure out what he wanted. He looked around trying to decide which popped out at him the most. He looked up and decided.

“I’ll have the triple chocolate mousse cake.” he said.

Twilight payed and they all sat down at the table. It was at that moment that Pinkie Pie came down stairs with the twins.

“Phew, these kids sure are funny!” she said to the Cakes.

“Pinkie your friends are here, they’re just at that table” Mr. Cake pointed out. Pinkie looked over and saw Twilight waving her over.

“Hey Pinkie, want to hang out with us?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah su-” Pinkie froze looking directly at Michael. Michael sat there nervously. He looked around, trying not to stare back at Pinkie’s unblinking gaze.

“Are you new here?” Pinkie asked very slowly as if she didn’t notice his strange appearance. Michael was shocked at this statement.

“Well, yeah I-” Michael was cut off.

“Oh wow! We have to throw a party! I’ll call it ‘My New Strange Looking Friend Party’! The M.N.S.L.F.P is now under way! Now I just have to send out the invitations!” With that Pinkie ran off.

“So much for my low-profile.” Michael stated flatly.

“Don’t worry, this way we can show everypony that you’re not dangerous.” Twilight said.

“Why yes darling! It’ll be smashing.” Rarity reassured.

The group finished their snacks and started walking out the door. They began down the street towards Twilight’s house.

“So Rarity, do you have any plans for the rest of the day?” Twilight asked.

“Sorry my darling, but yes. I have to finish up an order by tomorrow morning, so i have to depart. We can certainly get together sometime later though. Is that alright?” Rarity said sadly.

“Oh yeah, I don’t want to keep you from your work. See you later!”

“Yeah, bye Rarity” Spike said.

“Okay then, goodbye everyone” Rarity said as she began to trot off towards her house.

“And Michael,” Rarity called over her shoulder, “don’t hesitate to ask if you need more outfits. I do love making your style, it’s a such a challenge for me!”

***

Twilight, Spike and Michael arrived at the library around 4 o’clock. They had a nice day out, but Twilight wanted to figure out more about Michael. His background was very, for lack of a better word, interesting.
"Phew, I'm pretty tired" Twilight said, "but I still need to see Rainbow Dash. The newest Daring Do came out."
"Yeah, I'm beat" Spike said, "do you mind if I stay home Twilight?"
"No, you can stay. I'm only giving her the book" Twilight stated.
"Ok, thanks Twilight!"
"Mind if I come? I need to go for a walk." Michael said.
"Sure, follow me." Twilight said.

Twilight and Michael walked out the door. They turned towards Dash's house and started off.
"So, how are you liking Ponyville?" Twilight asked.
"It's great. I'm still getting used to the fact that everyone is ponies, but anything is better for the wilderness."
"That's good, but your not used to ponies?"
"Well, from where I came from we don't have talking ponies." Michael said.
"Oh, then do you have a civilized race?"
"Yeah, everyone looks like me, sorta. We have our nations and such, but no magic or anything like that."
"A world without magic?" Twilight tried to wrap her head around that.
"Yeah, it's pretty complicated. But what about you? What do you do?" He asked.
"Well, I am the princess's pupil and I run the library here in Ponyville." she said.
"Oh that sounds that you live an interesting life." he said.
"Yeah, it sure is interesting."

They walked in silence the rest of the way to Rainbow Dash's house. Michael began to think of his life in Ponyville. He knew he would have to get a job. He couldn't just mooch off Twilight. The arrived at Rainbow's house a couple minutes later.
"Wow, you never told me that her house is made of clouds!" Michael said.
"Well, she is a pegasus. It's not uncommon for them to have them." she said.
Twilight turned and looked up towards the cloud house.
"Rainbow! Are you in there?" Twilight yelled.

Rainbow, who was laying on a nearby cloud, woke with a start. She looked over the side of her cloud and saw Twilight and Michael. She floated down on the ground eyeing Michael nervously.
"What's up Twilight?" Rainbow asked.
"Well, I know how much you like Daring Do, so I brought the newest book to you." Twilight said.
"Aw, sweet! Thanks Twilight, you're the best." Dash exclaimed.
"No problem. And by the way, you will be receiving an invitation from Pinkie soon."
"Thanks for the heads up Twi!" Dash said, spreading reading the book.

Twilight and Michael

***

Twilight and Michael arrived home around 7 o’clock. Spike was making dinner, it looked like spaghetti with red sauce.

“Mmm, smells good Spike!” Twilight said.

“Thanks Twilight” the dragon smiled.

Dinner was ready in a couple of minutes. They all ate and Spike and Michael went to bed. Twilight was left downstairs next to the fire. She read her favorite book on this fall night. She looked out her window and saw snow start to fall. She smiled and went back to reading her book.
Michael walked out of the bathroom and saw Twilight. He chuckled and went to bed.

***

Author’s Notes: Thanks to all of you that have supported me! But if you have favorited please like this. I have over the amount of dislikes in favorites! I’m chuckling to myself when I am writing this because of all you who are favorite whores but greedy with your likes! I am the same way sometimes. It’s mostly because i just forget to like it. Anyway, I’m going to stop rambling and start on my next chapter now!