• Published 28th Nov 2012
  • 1,216 Views, 16 Comments

The DJ and The Keyboard Player - SolidFerret



My first attempt at wright a fanfic So please don't be harsh

  • ...
1
 16
 1,216

Day 3: Appleloosa


{A/N} People, Bronies aren't a bunch of trolls. But a lot of Bronies are good at trolling. If Tara Strong can do it, so can we. Next chapter





I was in a Meadow. I don't remember where I came from or why I was there. But I felt like I've been here my whole life. The sky was dark, but the meadow was lit for some reason. The ground was covered in a blanket of snow that was getting thicker as more fell from the sky.

I turned my ahead as if I expected somepony there. There Vinyl stood, coat blending in with the snow, A scarf around her neck, no shades on, her eyes gleaming. She approached me as I finally noticed a soft melody playing in the air. She trotted up to me and pulled me into a hug.

Soon, we were staring into each others eyes. She then began to pull her face closer to mine. As I leaned and our lips were mere inches a part, She then said

"You lied to me!"

"What?" I sat up. The atmosphere of what was a winter wonderland turned into a dark train cart. Looking to my side and sitting up some more, my wings became a kick stand since they wouldn't go down.

"You said I don't cuddle things in my sleep. But kept hearing you mumble something in your sleep, and I woke to find my hooves around you. What if room service came in and saw that? Why did you lie to me?" She said with embarrassment in her voice.

If there was one thing I didn't want to do, it was have her embarrassed and mad at me at the same time. With my kickstand softening, I told her the truth

"I lied so you wouldn't be embarrassed." I said as truthfully as i could mean it.

"But now it's gonna be awkward every time we sleep" She said.

"Listen, this tour won't last forever. Soon, we won't be in the same bed and we will be off on our own again." I knew that sentence seem to make both of us feel bad. We really didn't want to go our separate ways after this. Soon Vinyl looked at me with sadness in her eyes.

"But we'll still be friends right?" She said with sadness in her voice.

I looked at her and replied, "Always."


After getting off the train, I was greeted with a gust of hot air as I stepped off the train and on to the platform of the train station in Appleloosa. We were greeted by a Stallion in a vest, wearing a cowboy.

"Well howdy there Strangers. Welcome to Aaapplelooosaa.'' He said with an over excited voice.

"We don't often get city folk like you around here in these country parts. What's the occasion?"

Before I could give an answer, Vinyl quickly interrupted. "Oh we're just visiting."

I leaned in and whispered "Oh you can lie to him but I can't lie to you."

"Yes, he's a stranger. thats who you should lie to if your gonna lie to somepony."

Point Vinyl. We kept walking through the town. The sun was still beating down on us. We saw the sights of landmarks like town hall, The saloon, The Apple orchard/stampeding grounds. Our guide, named Braeburn, left us. We were pondering on what to do. Vinyl said that there isn't much to do except see the sights. We did that in about twenty minutes flat.

We settled on lunch at a restaurant that looked promising. As we were eating we were discussing on what we were gonna do since we were likely going to get chased out of town when we tried to perform. Our discussion was interrupted when we heard a stallion talking,

"Eeyup, I heard Braeburn asked Little Strongheart to the barn dance thats tonight"

"Really? Huh, good for him. She say yes?"

"Hell, I don't know even know if its actually true?"

I looked over and Vinyl and decided to do what most classy ponies do.

"Madam, Would you like for me to escort you to this dance?" I said in a royal, classy voice.

"Real charming Notes, To bad the auto-tune bad you sound like you had the shakes."

"It got me my cutie mark and it hasn't failed me since."

"Except when Pinkie thought there was something wrong with you and tried to fix it herself."

"Okay but we're getting off topic" I said quickly, "Do you actually want to go with me to the dance?" I said, this time nervously. Hoping that she wouldn't think of it as a date, she looked to me and replied,

"Well since I'm to lazy to get our luggage from the train station, We might as well go." she said in a 'I guess so' tone of voice.

As excited as I was. I realized that I'm going to face one of the biggest challenges a young stallion has to face in his years of getting older.

I had to dance with a Mare.


Okay, I may have been acting like a foal earlier, acting all scared. Its just that I really like her. Everypony is always nervous when they dance with somepony they like.

Didn't really do much for getting ready except cleaning my coat. Didn't have a suit or anything. But it wasn't like it was a regal dance so I didn't care that much.

Soon Vinyl stepped in, there wasn't anything different about her.

"Well how do I look?"

I went with another classy voice response,

"Madam, you look lovely on this fine evening" I said. She started giggling at my impersonation.

"Come on royal doofus. Don't want to be late now do we."

We were trotting through town. It seemed as if everypony who lived here was going to this dance. When we got there We saw things like square dancing and a folk band playing. It was your run of the mill dance. Young colts building courage to to ask a young filly to dance. Married couples already on the dance floor. Then there was me and Vinyl. The couple that wasn't from here and had no idea about the dances they do around here.

Looking around, I noticed Braeburn was dancing with a young buffalo. I didn't know that ponies and Buffalo's got along. The song they played were old western songs that bore the crap out of me and Vinyl.

A slow song started to play. This could be the only chance I could ever do this since living in Canterlot came in handy for one thing. I looked over asked

"Wanna dance" I said to Vinyl. The question seemed to have taken her by surprise since we haven't danced at all. In fact, I'm pretty sure she expected me to ask if she was ready to leave.

"Sure" She said stuttering a bit

I lead her out to the dance floor. They turned down the lights so it has a more 'romance' feel. Vinyl was looking a bit nervous, and I knew what it was.

"Relax. I'll lead."

Thats when I remembered how to slow dance the way my mother taught me. With one wing around her shoulders and a hoof around back. I think Vinyl was shaking a bit from nervousness. I tried my best get her to stop, but she was a mare not a new-born foal.

The song ended faster than expected. Vinyl asked If I was ready to go. We decided to explore outside of town. We found ourselves on top of a hill. Looking down, The town looked beautiful with lights lit and crowds still cheering at the dance.

There we sat next to each other, staring in awe at the town below us. Vinyl broke the silence with a question.

"Do have a song you like to sing when you see something like this?"

Clearing my throat I began to sing,

"Blinding lights where I go. I look down from the top and it's crowded below."*

"I still can't get over that voice" She said.

I was thankful that it was dark so she wouldn't see me blush. I kept staring at her. She looked really cute, I was really hoping tonight would have been the night to tell her how I felt.

"It sure is beautiful tonight" she said.

"Yeah, beautiful." I said looking at her.**

"Um.. Notes" I realized that i have been staring at her for to long. I was about to tell her when I felt the words get caught in my throat.

"Um.. uh.." thats when I heard a train whistle, "Trains here!" I said as I sat up

"Alright we better get down there."


I'm still kicking myself for stuttering. I laid in the bed with Vinyl all ready cuddling me. I was still thinking about how close I was. Deciding to let it go, I put my hoof around her and went to sleep.


* That song was 'Infamous' by Abandon All Ships. Only a matter of time before they got in here.

** A reference to the movie Balto.


{A/N} I can't believe the girl who played Cindy Lou in the Grinch now worships Satan. Hell, I would to If I starred in a movie that bad. Leave a like and a comment if you enjoyed. I don't own My Little Pony or the references I made.