• Published 28th Nov 2012
  • 1,217 Views, 16 Comments

The DJ and The Keyboard Player - SolidFerret



My first attempt at wright a fanfic So please don't be harsh

  • ...
1
 16
 1,217

Lunchtime in Canterlot

[A/N] Patch, If you have discovered this by now, Yes it's me. Don't tell Grunt. Anyways, I swear when this school year started, I met a nice woman who I was sure would be great at social studies. She's been practically brutalized and murdered by the woman who teaches my history class. Well enough of my problems. Here's the next chapter









E. Notes point of view





"Well what should we do now?'' I asked as Vinyl and I left the studio.

"I'm hungry. wanna go get lunch?'' She asked

How the hell could I say no. I ran like hell over here, Stopped midway then flew like hell here. I must be going to hell soon.

"Sure why not" I said as we trotted up the road. She told me about a place about where they had "The best hay fries ever" She better be right. If she isn't, I'm not paying for the meal.

When we got there, we sat at a table outside. For the first time that day I checked the weather. It was a bright and beautiful day. The birds were chirping, little to no clouds in the sky. I couldn't help but sing a part of a song that for some reason always comes to mind despite lyrical indifferences to the subject

"As I stare through these tears, I see your lips start to turn, this world is so un-perfect, this love is so un-worth it"*

It's not the lyrics, but the tune to the song. If you've heard you might know, Or you think I'm stupid. However a voice next to my quickly snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Nice tune there'' Vinyl said

"Crap, I sung that out loud, didn't I?" I said with an embarrassed blush on my cheeks. At least she agreed with the tune though. Hooray for me!

"Don't worry I think only I heard it, but it still sounded nice" she said. My cheeks turned about 20% redder at the compliment. Hey, every pony blushes at a comment from a nice mare. Again the whole 'well known DJ wants to work with you' excuse. After a few light chatting we finally got our food and SWEET Celestia! The fries were amazing. Never again will I ever doubt the words of DJ Pon-3. She speaks words of truth of these hay fries. Okay, maybe a bit overboard but still, kick-ass fries. While we were eating like bucking animals, we were approached by... pause for dramatic effect... SNOB ponies.

"I do say, it appears that Canterlot doesn't have as much class as it used to. Wouldn't you agree?" She said, turning to a stallion next to her.

"Hm, indeed" He said in a fake accent.

Thats right kids. Who needs to be a likable pony when you have CLASS. I don't want to live on this planet anymore. I then ate another fry and quickly took back my previous statement. However they just stood there like scientist observing an animal. Having enough of the stare, I turned and said "Do you ponies mind? We're trying to eat."

"Yeah. Don't you have some stupid garden party or something to go to" I heard Vinyl say to them with a tone of annoyance in her voice.

"Sorry but we simply cannot help but notice the amount of class that used to be in this city has gone down" The stallion said in fake accent with a hint of annoyance. I understand ponies who don't like to be wild and stuff, But this is ridiculous.

"Sorry but if every pony in this town were like you two, This place would suck" I responded

The mare was about to respond when a voice shouted out from across the street

"I for one can agree with the robotic voice pony"

Come on really. I know he may have not known my name but at least have some sense to not nick-name him cause he is a bit different. But then again, maybe he just needed a quick nick-name. I blame the argument. It got me angry

"Surely not every pony should be the same. It is the individuals themselves who make this city you know"

I finally got a good look at the guy. He had a coat as White as snow and a blue mane. He could've bin Vinyls' farther for all knew. But until she says it's her dad. I won't say anything.

"Hmm, perhaps Fancy pants is right." One of them said

He walked over and said "You to shouldn't judge ponies by their lifestyle. Sometimes being wild is what some ponies prefer you know"

I like him. He's a good guy **

"Thanks" I said as the two ponies walked away.

"Oh, It was no problem. Even I grow tired of the lifestyle myself sometimes." He said. ''I'll leave you two to be." And off he went in to the sunset.

"That was awesome." Vinyl said, breaking the silence

"There are some good ponies in this city." I responded.

After that, We began discussing about where we were gonna go for shows.

''Well the first one is here tonight." she said. We had to discus this topic cause I nearly fell asleep during the meeting. Luckily she listened throughout. Although maybe she knew all the stops by heart since she's taking me under her wing... metaphorically.

"What time is the show?" I asked

''Ten o'clock to three o'clock" she responded.

"Holy sh*t"

"After that we're then gonna catch the 3:35 Train to Ponyville." She said, ignoring my outburst. "Any questions?"

"Yeah, what if I get shot?"

"You get more street credit"

Boy that really sounds like it would be worth it, said no pony ever

"Don't worry no pony usually pulls a gun until after the show." she responded

"Well when the shows over. I don't know about you but I am getting the hell outta there." I said in a quarter joking, the rest I'm bucking serious tone of voice.

"Well don't worry, we need to hurry to the train any way" she responded with a giggle.




After a few minutes we decided to leave after I paid the bill. After a bit of running around we decided to go to the park. While there, we occasionally ran into a fan or two. It didn't help that most of them asked if we were on a date.

We were soon sitting on a bench. Doing some small talk. After a bit of silence, She started playing with my mane for some reason

"What are you doing?" I asked

"Playing with your mane." She answered. "Do you want me to stop."

"No. It doesn't bother me at all." I'm not going to admit it out loud, But I actually like it when some pony plays with my mane. It feels nice. it's one of those little things in life that every pony likes but it doesn't haven't often

As we sat there I looked up and saw that the sun was setting. I think Vinyl noticed because a few moments later she said "looks pretty huh.''

"Yeah... pretty." I said, but I wasn't referring to the sunset. Let's play ' how long will it take for Vinyl to take to to take the hint.' As we watched and Vinyl kept playing with my mane, I took some time to realize what I just said. Did I really feel that way. I mean, I just met her today. Then I thought back to what Octavia said, on how she said that Vinyl wanted to work with me and that she was really excited to meet me.

As time went on and the sun fully set Vinyl stopped playing with my mane and said "we should probably get going."

I nodded in agreement and scratched my mane to get the feeling of Vinyls hooves out

We trotted through the streets until we got to the studio. We both saw our managers waiting for us one them stepped out to greet us and said

"Good. You're both here, come."***


* That little 'tune that Notes sang was the chorus to 'Bro, Ashley's Here' by Attack Attack!

** A reference to the 'good guy fancy pants' meme

*** Same line spoken by the butcher at the beginning of 'Resident Evil 5"

[A/N] Hope you enjoyed it. might work a bit on the next chapter since the sound of rain may keep me awake. If the streets flood, I'm not walking to school. My mom said to call her if they do. I said i would "call her." Also, listening to music while writing is a genius idea. Just type to the beat. Anyway I don not own My little pony or any of the reference's I made while righting this. They belong to their respected owners.