• Published 28th Nov 2012
  • 1,217 Views, 16 Comments

The DJ and The Keyboard Player - SolidFerret



My first attempt at wright a fanfic So please don't be harsh

  • ...
1
 16
 1,217

Day 1: Canterlot

[A/N] There was a rainbow at after school. My day got twenty percent cooler. Next chapter.






E. Notes point of view



This. Sucks. I haven't been in the this place for ten minutes and already, (1) Two drunk mares started bugging me, claiming that they've seen me before. I tried to get them to say my name without slurring. They couldn't make it past the second syllable. (2) Some pony spilled their drink on me. It didn't bug me that much, but when I finally caught to Vinyl, She gave me the "You've been partying'' look. (3) And finally, Some pony kept offering me drugs and kept telling me that if don't give some bits his boss will "Kill him.'' I won't begin to mention the ponies asking about my auto-tuned voice.

So after a few minutes of the dreadful wait of anticipation. We were finally called on to stage.. more like DJ booth. Yeah, lets call it that. As we got up there I heard people chanting both our names of excitement. I think they were just being nice since I have never been in this club in my entire life. Soon we got to our stands. My keyboard was already there. Thank Celestia. I was afraid that that drug seller was going to steal it.

"Hello Canterlot!'' I heard Vinyl shout into her microphone.

I couldn't get in entranced by that voice on stage. All the stoner's would point it out and then yell it out.

"I would like for you all to meet my special guest for this tour"

"Guest?" I responded

"Okay, how about partner in crime" She said

"Better." I agreed and the audience laughed.

"Alright, every pony give a nice welcome to Electronic Notes" The audience hooted and cheered.

"Okay, now that our titles are cleared up. Let get this party started."




6 Hours later...



HOLY SH*T. That was awesome. It was by far the sickest show I have ever done. I never want to go to another show that isn't this ever again. Okay my brain is telling me that its over, shut up about it and get your ass to the train station. I stumbled out the back alley as Vinyl walked out.

"Hey man, You were great'' she said as she walked out. We were both out of breath

"Yeah. Thanks" I responded, to tired to blush about her compliment.

After a few minutes of recovering from that show. I should also mention that at the end we stage dived at the end. Thats why we're so damn tired. Shaking my mane out of my eyes, I stood up and began walked towards the train station. However, at the end of the alley I could see that some ponies were waiting for us. Soon they walked towards us and soon I realized who they were.

"Good evening you two" a Griffin said to us.

"Hi" Vinyl said. While I was shaking violently. "Do you need something."

"What? A griffin and some friends can't go for a walk at night" he said while two ponies at his side gave her a menacing glare. I wanted to stand up and tell them leave them her alone. But hopefully if I don't say something, they may just move along.

Suddenly the griffin turned to me and said "Haven't I seen you before?"

'Sh*t, sh*t, buck, oh buck, oh sh*t. Be cool man' I looked and nervously said "I was just performing in that club back there." Seems legit, right?

"No I meant before tonight." He responded. I was thanking Celestia that our baggage was already at our reserved train cart, cause I have a feeling that we might need to run for the train soon.

"I..I don't recall meeting you before." He began to walk away. I was about to take a sigh of relief when suddenly he turned around looking mad as hell

"NOW I REMEMBER YOU!'' He screamed/roared at us.

"You were that pony who saw us doing business and ran to tell the guards" He was furious at me, but I had a side to this story that I had to say.

"Listen buddy, I wasn't running for the guards. I was running to my work cause I was late"

" Yeah sure it was work. You know what I do to ponies who try to snitch." 'Snitch?' What is this flying kindergarten.

"Me and my boys make sure they never tell another soul about a thing" He said as he showed his claws. At least six inches, I am going to die.

"Any last words?"

I stood there and gulped, then said "My boys and I"

The griffin looked at me as if I just grew a horn out of my head and said "What?"

"It's 'my boys and I' not 'Me and my boys'

"Thats it. I'm gonna f*cking kill you." He said, using the griffin curses.

Vinyl and I took off running. I'm sure Vinyl was mad since she was yelling at me.

"What did you do to piss a griffin off so much?" She said as we kept running.

"He just explained what made him mad'' I shouted back to her

I looked back and realized that the only way to get away was to carry Vinyl fly away, Because that griffin was chasing after us reckless and relentlessly.*

I then ran up to copy my pace with Vinyl. My wings sprung from my back and I flapped them to boost up to her. She turned her head and looked me. Thats when I saw the look in her eyes. Pure terror. She wasn't looking where she was going cause she tripped. Before she could hit the ground, I scooped her up in my hooves and flew towards the train station.

Handing the conductor our tickets and ran in the train. Ignoring our private cabin, we were hiding underneath a table. I told her to be quiet as I peeked out from underneath. I snapped my head back underneath the table as I saw a griffin walk in. The sound of claw steps rang through the halls. Soon the claws were underneath the table. The moment I saw a griffins' head peak down, Vinyl and I screamed. However, the griffin screamed to as if he didn't expect us to react that way.

"Goodness, what frightened you to ponies." He said in a French accent.

"We're both sorry we thought you were some pony else." I apologized to him. He nodded and continued walking off. Getting up from underneath the table, we hurried to our cabin hoping that no pony heard us. When we got in we already saw our luggage in there.

Turning to Vinyl, I asked "Are you okay?''

She responded by pulling me into a tight hug. Using my wings, I returned the hug. It felt... warm and... comforting. She soon pulled away and looked at me and said "Thanks for saving me."

Standing there and blushing, I responded with "Your Welcome"

Taking a look around, both of us realized that there was only one bed. I think our managers are drinking cider somewhere, thinking about how funny they think this is. Vinyl already was in bed so that leaves the option of the floor or the roof of the train. **

"Well I guess I'm gonna sleep on the floor." Before I could get a pillow, Vinyl interrupted my thoughts.

''Hey, we aren't horny teenagers. We're grown-ups." She said while making room for me on the bed.

To tired to think about anything I quickly climbed into bed and closed my eyes. My eyes snapped open when I felt something against my shoulder. Looking down I saw Vinyls' head resting against it.

* Name of the second Asking Alexandria album.

** Reference to the anime Karas.

[A/N] I'm thinking about basing the next chapter around the new episode. I don't own my little pony or the references I made in this chapter.