• Published 24th Nov 2012
  • 2,075 Views, 44 Comments

The Silver Stallion Braeburn - KenSES64



Sequel to Cyborg Braeburn. Braeburn leaves Ponyville to do some soul seaching

  • ...
0
 44
 2,075

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The train ride to Dodge Junction was, not to Braeburn’s surprise, awkward. As he expected he was being stared at by almost everypony in the train car. At least he was able to turn his vision off so he didn’t have to see them all looking at him, just judging him on something that wasn’t at all his fault.

Th train came to a stop and Braeburn turned his eyesight back on. He grabbed his tan saddlebags and made his way off of the train. ‘Cue the screaming in three, two, one.’ He thought to himself.
He stepped into the hot desert sun, which reflected off of his not as hidden metal body parts and armor. Braeburn looked around a bit surprised that the locals didn’t react the way he expected. Yeah, the where not getting too close to him and he saw some mares start whispering to each other once the saw him, but that’s sightly better then how Ponyville reacted the first time they saw him at the cider making contest, almost everypony ran away. Including the two sailsponies his family were up against. ‘What where their names again?’ Braeburn asked himself, ‘Brim and Blam, or something like that.’

Braeburn took a quick look at the new town from first glance it seemed to be just a simple town in the middle of the desert, not that much different from what Appleloosa was. He might take a better look around sometime later.

“Excuse me sir, would you happen to be Braeburn?” A female voice asked.

Braeburn turned around to get a look at the mare who was talking to him. She was a cream colored earth pony, with a red mane in a beehive style. Her cutie mark was of two bright red cherries, also she wore a pink handkerchief around her neck. When she saw him she looked a little surprised, but thankfully not scared by his appearance.

Braeburn nodded his head and said, “Yes Ma'am, Ah assume you’re Applejack’s friend.”

“Yup, Hello Braeburn, I’m Cherry Jubilee. Applejack told me a lot about you.”

“What did she say exactly?”

Cherry Jubilee got a kind nervous look on her face and she rubbed the back of her head, “Well, she told me about, ummm... well...”

Braeburn got that she was getting at his roboticness. Is that even a word? Roboticness? Anyways he nodded and said, “Okay, well at least she warned you before hoof.” He then made a half-fake chuckle.

Cherry Jubilee turned around and motioned for him to follow her inside a nearby building, which he did. Once inside she gave him a tour of the place. It was an average two storey house with a living room, dining room, kitchen, two bathrooms, a master bedroom for her and a guest room that he’d be staying in. The only room that stood out was one with a conveyor belt and a huge stone wheel big enough for a pony to walk inside to turn it, when he asked Miss Jubilee about it, turns out that’s what it was for.

“Now I’ve save the best for last.” Cherry said as they stepped back outside. That’s when Braeburn saw a large cherry orchard. The tall trees bloomed with pink petals, small red and yellow fruit grew off of the branches, there also was a cool breeze and a sweet scent in the air. Braeburn was amazed at how much drastically different form the warm desert on the other side of the fence. Her was lost for words.

Cherry Jubilee giggled a little bit and said, “Yup, this is Cherry Hill Ranch. Quite a beautiful sight if you ask me.”

“Yeah, Ah can see that you put a lot of work into it.” Braeburn told her.

“Well, technically my parents were the ones who started it, I just took over after they retired to Las Pegasus.”

“Still it must be very difficult for you to run this place by yourself.”

Miss Jubilee let out a sigh and said, “Yeah, It can be. Bucking all these trees by myself. That’s why I hire ponies to help when I can, like you cousin Applejack for example. Which, if you’re half the worker she was then I’m sure you’ll be fine. Plus, I really need the help this time of year.”

“Why’s that?”

“It’s almost green cherry season. I have some trees in the back of the orchard that grow these cherries that are a green color around this time of year. They’re also really popular around Heart’s Warming Day.”

“Do they taste any different or are they the same thing, but different color?”

“They taste the same as the red ones.”

“So wait is there a difference with the yellow ones then? Sorry about all the question Ah know a lot more about apples then cherries.”

“It’s fine and yes there is. I’ll give you some so you can see for yourself.”

Braeburn followed his new boss to one of the nearby trees that had some baskets under it. She turn her back at it and began to repeatedly kick the tree with her back hooves. After a few good hits many cherries fell right into the baskets. She smiled as she picked up one of each color and hoofed them over to braeburn.

He ate the red one first. He have had cherries before so it was nothing new. Very juicy and it had a mix of both sweet and sour. Braeburn spat the pit out onto his hoof and asked, “Any where Ah can throw this away?”

“On the ground’s fine.” Cherry Jubilee responded.

After he did that he the tried the yellow one, as Miss Jubilee said it was much different. It was just as juicy, if not more, and it was extremely sweet. It was almost like it was a piece of candy. If Pinkie ever made a cupcake with these little fruits in them, well Braeburn felt like he’d diffidently be betraying his apple bucking cutie mark, because he’d be in heaven.

“I see you liked it.” Cherry Jubilee said, with a warm smile. She picked up the basket and placed it into a barn that was a couple of yards away. Braeburn offered to take care of it for her, but she told him to just get settled in and she’d tell him when dinner was ready.

Braeburn walked inside and into the guestroom to place his stuff somewhere. He also hung his duster in the closet, thinking that Miss Jubilee seemed comfortable with his appearance, so he didn’t have to wear it around her. He then looked at his own refection in a mirror in the room and though, ‘If everypony else here is as okay with it as her then this might not be so bad after all.’

About an hour later Miss Jubilee called him to dinner and he walked out of the bedroom to join her. Tomorrow he’d begin his work.