• Published 24th Nov 2012
  • 2,075 Views, 44 Comments

The Silver Stallion Braeburn - KenSES64



Sequel to Cyborg Braeburn. Braeburn leaves Ponyville to do some soul seaching

  • ...
0
 44
 2,075

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

That morning after Braeburn woke up, Cherry Jubilee told him that she was going to get together with some of her friends that afternoon, and be back around dinner time. When she was about to leave she asked Braeburn something. “So would it be fine if you cook tonight? And if you do I shouldn’t come back and see that my house got burned down, right?” Cherry asked him.

“Of course not.” Braeburn responded.

“Which question are you answering? The one about you cooking or the one of burning down my house?”

“The second one, Ah have no problem with cooking for you for once.”

“Thanks,” she said, giving Braeburn a quick hug before leaving the cybernetic pony with a crimson face.
______________________________________________________________________________

Braeburn gathered some stuff from Miss Jubilee’s fridge and pantry. There was a box of pasta, a jar of tomato sauce and some frozen garlic bread.

Now, most of the Apple family are known to be very good at cooking and baking. Especially when the fruit that they’re named after is involved. Braeburn on the other hoof was one of the exceptions, who had no bucking clue how to, and if he tried it came out more burned than somepony who got attacked by a full grown dragon.

Despite this he thought, ‘Pasta should be easy enough. I mean I saw Ma make it a number of times before she passed away.’ As Braeburn thought about his deceased mother, Apple Crumble, he was suddenly hit with sadness like a ton of bricks. ‘I wonder what she’d think if she saw me the way I am now. Hell, I wonder what that deadbeat of a father of mine would think of me, if he’s still alive or not.’

Braeburn never really knew much about his father since he left his mother not long after she told him that she was pregnant. So all he could really say about him was that he was an irresponsible bastard. Though since his parents were never married that might make Braeburn the bastard technically.

As Braeburn opened the tomato sauce with the metal fingers that sprouted from his cybernetic foreleg, he thought to himself, ‘Well, if Ma did see me in the state I’m in now she’d probably not care, she was my mother after all.’
______________________________________________________________________________

The garlic bread was close to finishing up in the toaster oven as Braeburn set up the rest. Two plates of sauce covered pasta were sitting on the table, with parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper, if either pony wanted some on theirs.

The toaster dinged as Cherry Jubilee opened the front door. She walked into the dining room as Braeburn placed a slice of garlic bread on each plate.

“Well you didn’t burn down the house so that’s good.” Cherry said, grabbing Braeburn’s attention. She looked at the meal and said, “Pasta huh? I was planning to make it this weekend, but I don’t mind having it now, and it does look good.”

“Thanks, Ah was worried Ah’d screw up or something.” Braeburn said, rubbing the back of his armored neck.

“Oh please from your work alone it doesn’t seem that you can screw up anything.”

“Tell that to the tree I bucked in half back at Sweet Apple Acres.”

They both laughed a little bit before sitting down to eat.

During their meal they talked, most Cherry Jubilee about her get together with her friends.

“And then Cream Soda walked right into the street sign.” The scarlet maned mare said between laughs.

“Well it sounds like y’all had a fun time.”

“Yeah, so how was your day? You weren’t too bored were you?”

“No, Ah was basically distracted with making all this, but it wasn’t too much trouble, besides I was glad to treat you for once.” Braeburn said with a small, barely noticeable blush.

“What do you mean by that?”

Braeburn tensed for a second, but then Princess Luna’s words from his dream last night echoed in his mind, ‘If you feel that way about her then you should talk to her about it. She may just feel the same way.’

“Well, everything that you’ve done for me has been beyond nice, and you don’t mind at all of my condition.”

“Of course, remember what I said about that under that metal you’re still a normal pony.”

“Exactly! You’re the only mare that’s been able to see that.”

Cherry noticed the emphasis on the words “only mare”, and the growing redness of Braeburn’s face. She then though for a second to put the pieces together and she got a small grin on her face. She stood up, and walked over to Braeburn, purposely swaying her hips as she walked.

“So, you’re thankful for all that I’ve done for you?” She asked in a slightly seductive tone of voice.

“Y-Yeah.”

“Do you want to make all of it up to me?”

“Ummm... sure.”

“After you clean these dishes, I have some cherry wine that I’ve made. We can have a glass or two.”

“Umm... Okay.”
_________________________________________________________________________

“Owww... Mah head.” Is the first thing Braeburn said when he woke up the next morning. ‘What happened after dinner last night?’ he asked himself, but the answer hit him harder than a train at full speed when he rolled over to see Cherry Jubilee laying next to him, and staring at him with bedroom eyes.

“Morning handsome.” Cherry greeted him as she leaned forward to give him a peck on the cheek.

“M-Miss Jubilee?” Is all Braeburn could say as his brain was trying to process the situation.

“I told you that you can call me Cherry, especially after last night.”

“Wait, did we?”

“Mm-hm.”

“A-Ah’m so sorry. Ah...”

Cherry put her hoof over his mouth. “There’s nothing to be sorry for, last night was great.”

“Really?”

“Mm-hm.” She said getting closer to him, and wrapping her forelegs around him, “It’s good to know that not every part of you is made of metal.” She then leaned forward again, giving him a nice, passionate kiss, which Braeburn returned.

That’s when Braeburn felt something deep inside of him that he hadn’t felt in a long time.

Happiness.