• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 2,598 Views, 100 Comments

Something worth fighting for - Mr Andrews Pupil



Luna got sent to the east coast of Canada. What happened after was anyponys guess

  • ...
15
 100
 2,598

16- Last night on earth Pt. 1

The atmosphere was tense as all Alec, Raymond and Luna took a seat at the kitchen island. Partially because of what they had just done and partially because of what they would have to do. Luna and Alec knew they had to go back to the tower tomorrow night at midnight to (hopefully) meet Celestia and finally get Luna home. As always, it was easier said than done. They had no idea how protected the area was and even if they did get in, the only sure-fire way to hear Lunas sister and guide them to their location would be to climb the tower. That only brought on more problems though...

"You saw the look in his eyes dude" Raymond said pointing a finger at Alec. "He knew we were lying"

"Even if he did, how come he let us go so quick?" Alec countered.

Luna sat and watched from the sidelines as teams Alec and Raymond slugged questions back and forth. She knew all too well that patience was a virtue, but eventually, Luna could stand it no more. She interrupted as politely as she knew how.

"Well, maybe he just want's us to thi-"

"THIS IS GETTING US NOWHERE!!!!!!"

Both were immediately sent back onto the back legs of their chairs, teetering, before leaning forward and locking their wide eyes onto the Alicorn.

"Did you really need the royal canterlot voice?" Alec asked timidly raising a hand like he was suddenly in detention.

"Even though I've only known Raymond for a day, I think I can see how things work when you're in the same room" Luna said rolling her eyes.

Confident she had their unbroken attention, she decided to voice her opinion for the first time that night.

"The way I see it, the circumstances call for drastic action. From what I heard while under that blanket, they wont be to happy to see us in there. Much less climbing their tower"

The two Humans nodded in agreement. Trespassing on private property, especially after just receiving a warning, would leave them no room to negotiate if they were spotted. And with Lunas safety on the line, nothing could be left to chance.

"It's the only way" Alec said grimly. "Theres no doubt about that"

"I'm not denying that. What I'm trying to say is that we need a fool-proof plan"

The three then looked across the table at each other. None saw any strategists, spies or any other useful traits behind their eyes. Instead was fear, concern and complete cluelessness.

"What if..." Raymond started.

Alec and Luna focussed on him the moment he opened his mouth. Reminding him only further that all ideas were now being considered. Somewhat satisfied to have all eyes in the room on him for once, he continued more easily.

"What if we created a distraction, like say if I drove by hauling ass and got the truck off to pull me over, I could keep going a while and get him away from the tower. Then, by the time I get a huge ass ticket and come back, you guys will be done and we can head down to the gas station and wait for Celestia there"

"But how will she know where that is?" Luna asked.

"I could park and shine my lights into the woods. There's almost no cars out there during the day, so I think we'll stand out pretty good in the dark" Alec said cracking a smile.

Luna smiled in return, which made Raymonds plan seem all the more perfect. At least until he realized what he'd just said he'd do.

"But you guys still don't know how many meatheads are in that shack by the tower though"

This time, Luna had the answer. Being something she hadn't done in such a long time, she had almost forgotten she could in the first place.

"I could fly up"

Raymond and Alec glanced at each other, then at Luna.

"I guess so" They said in unison.

Luna giggled and spread her wings. They flight giving appendages sent a brief gust of wind throughout the kitchen. She looked forward to using them again, even if it was for illegal activities.

"So Raymond distracts, Luna and I sneak in, I keep watch as she heads to the top. Then she tells the Princess where to meet us at and then we drive over once finished to meet you" Alec said reviewing the plan aloud.

"Sounds good" Raymond said.

"I agree" Luna echoed.

"But, I think some things will need to be altered on my part"

"Like what?" Luna asked.

"My car... it's kinda... flashy"

The Princess conjured a mental image of the Chevelle, sparkling pin stripes and all, drawing every law enforcement personnel in Halifax to it as it got within 50 feet of the tower. It may be themed after the night, but there was no way it was as inconspicuous as it. She almost instantly had another solution. But Alec wasn't going to like it.

"Do you have any black paint, Raymond?

///////////////////////////////////

"I hope you guys know that what I'm about to do is going to be like cutting my hand off" Alec said ruefully shaking a can of licorice black spray paint that Raymond had fetched from his house. Luna and paints supplier stood near the back of the garage and tried their best no to laugh.

"Black is (snort) sooooo in this season... but not for cars!!!" Raymond said covering his mouth as he broke down into a fit of "tee hees" and "ha ha's".

Luna was fortunately able to contain her humour a bit more. She approached Alec as he levelled the can to a door and depressed the nozzle, letting a stream of sombreness vanquish the former (and expensive) night sky. He stopped as she reached him and nuzzled his free hand. As he looked down, she nodded towards the door leading outside.

"Come outside for a second. I need to tell you something"

Alecs heart quickened uncomfortably. Raymond was still infected by the laughing flu and had turned to lean against the wall as he gasped for air. As soon as it was apparent he wouldn't notice, Alec made his way towards the door with Luna in tow.
The air outside was cool and still. Alec had flicked on the light above the door which gave a lonely yellow tint to the ground they procedded to sit on. Sitting against the door, Alec knew it was anybody's guess what Luna wanted. More worryingly what she wanted that required Raymond be absent. Luna took her time in falling onto her haunches beside him. While sitting, Alec was eye level with the Princess.

"Oh great" Alec thought. "No avoiding eye contact now"

Luna turned to look at Alec. Her cyan eyes capturing light from the porch. Her wings shifted at her side uneasily and a look of exasperation took over her face.

"I guess... this is it. Isn't it..."

"What do you mean?"

"Tomorrow I may very well be returning to my homeland"

"I guess you're right. But you miss Equestria, don't you?"

Luna nodded. "Very much so. But I..."

"What?"

Luna hesitated for a second. This only added to the tension that was already palpable. Thought it did little to prepare Alec for what she finally said.

"I want you to come with me"

"WHAT?" Alec stammered.

He and Luna both noticed how loud that was and looked up at the doors window for movement. Strangely, Raymond had quieted down, and judging from the sound of paint being emptied from the can, had decided to go ahead and continue where Alec had left off.

"What?" he repeated leaning in towards her.

"Since we met, I've gotten to know you more than I can imagine anypony else besides Raymond has ever gotten the chance to. I have learned so much about your species capacity for violence, and you're so unspoilt by it all. You aren't like the others Alec. You're kind and smart and... gentle"

A slight gust of wind blew some of her mane into her eyes. she ignored it as Alec scrambled for a response.

"I, uh, well thanks um... You're all those things too and-"

He fell silent as he realized how close their faces were from each other. Had they been unconsciously drifting towards other this whole time? And how come she wasn't moving away?... how come he wasn't moving away?

"You saved my life, Alec. Because of that I gained something I thought I'd thought I'd never have again"

Alec could feel the gentle breath from her muzzle on his face. Around them, the entire world seemed to go silent. Save the hissing sound of compressed paint from inside the garage.

"More recently, I also felt something I'd thought I'd never feel again"

"..."

"What did you gain?" Alec whispered.

A timid smile crawled onto the Alicorns face.

"A friend"

Alec slowly moved the strand of hair from her eye, their faces now inches apart.

"What did you feel?"

The smile stayed.

"Love"

Neither moved first. Both closed the remaining gap simultaneously. An almost euphoric haze clouded their minds. They remained like that for several seconds, revelling in the warmth of their lips, and at that point, the holes in their hearts were sealed forever. All of the loneliness from both the Human and the Alicorn was snuffed out by a wave of passion and relief. Then, as soon as it began, it was over.

They paused and remained facing each other. A look of realization followed by blushes resulted in both looking away before either uttered a word.

"..."

"Luna?"

Alec turned to see the mare facing the other way, obviously ashamed of what they had done. He slowly reached out and took her chin in has hand, turning it to face him.

"Alec... I'm so so-"

"Don't be"

"What do you mean?"

"I haven't felt like this about anyone... or pony before. That was amazing, and it finally made things clear to me"

The next sentence came with difficulty, but Luna already knew what it was going to be.

"I think I'm in love with you"

Luna's heart fluttered. A grin as long and wide as the Ghastly Gorge spread across her face as she practically leapt into Alec, sqeezing the life out of him with her forelegs.

"Ooof, um ok. I guess you've been feeling the same way then?"

Luna brought her face to his and nuzzled him.

"You know what, Alec?"

"What?"

"I believe in fate, and fate doesn't always make sense. But sometimes- "

Alec put a finger to her lips and they kissed below the porch light for a second time that night.

It was, in all of Lunas 1000+ years, and Alecs 22, the most perfect moment yet.

Until Raymond knocked from inside.

"Are you guys done doing whatever it is you're doing out there?"

The bubble of perfectness shattered and the "lovers" quickly got up and returned inside as if nothing had happened. Both of them knew that telling Raymond what had just occurred outside would be in ill taste. So, they chose to pretend nothing had happened and joined Raymond in painting the Chevelle. Neither got much done though. The cans Alec held and Luna levitated with the last of her magic tended to stay on one spot a bit longer than intended. Raymond however, failed to notice and in a few hours longer than anticipated, the Chevelle was completely blacked out, save the windows and headlights.

Satisfied with their work, they then proceeded upstairs. They gathered in the kitchen once again. The clock on the stove read 9:28.

"So... what do you think we should do now?" Raymond inevitably asked.

Luna was about to answer when a knock at the door made her words turn to cement.

Alec and Raymond froze too. For just outside the door, a faint voice could be heard. It wasn't the voice as much as what it said that dictated what happened next.

"Halifax regional police. Open up please"

Author's Note:

I'm finally back.
Hope this isn't too much of a shock for you guys.