• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 2,598 Views, 100 Comments

Something worth fighting for - Mr Andrews Pupil



Luna got sent to the east coast of Canada. What happened after was anyponys guess

  • ...
15
 100
 2,598

5- Somepony else was crying that night

Luna's reaction to the Chevelle was predictable. She had no idea what it was. Alec decided to make it as simple as possible.

"That's our way home?"

"Sure is"

"What exactly is it?.....And why does it have my cutiemark on it?"

Luna's brain then had a system error. Nothing could be presened in front of her that would make what she was witnessing make sense. All she could do is look up at Alec who had the look of somepony who had just had their mother find their secret stash of playcolt magazines.

"Well?"

Alec sighed and sat down against the same wheel he had taken cover behind not so long ago. Luna sat down across from him.

"Do you know what motion pictures are?"

"You mean the ones shown on projectors?"

"Kind of, except these are shown on screens composed of pixels that display many diffrent types of shows and movies"

"What are you saying?"

"Im say-"......."Im saying that in this world you don't exist"

Luna took a minute to register what she had just heard, She doesent exist? But she had just been forsaken to this planet from one which she had spent centuries on. She has to be real. Why would Alec have her cutiemark on his "car"?


"Basiclally, you're one of those tv shows called My little pony"


Luna started to feel tears form in her eyes. Nothing was making sense and now she's on show she didn't know existed.

Great.

Bucking great.

"But how?" she said through a sob.

Alec immedieatly regretted informing her and tried to reah out for her. She simply moved away and continued to cry.

*Wonderful job, already go her to cry" alec spat to himself.

Finally he got close enough to rest a hand on her shoulder. Luna slightly jumped but relaxed at the sensation of the humans touch. It felt calming. It felt warm. She looked back up after he aueezed it gently.

"Dont worry, you exist Luna. It's just that somehow someone was able to bridge the gap between our worlds"

Alec thought of the situation before continuing.

"Im sure celestia and the others won't stop till you're home"

....

"Annnnnnd you'r cutie mark is on my car because you're my favourite" he said blushing.

Luna had stopped crying and looked into his eyes. The only light was that of the moon. This caused something to happen deep in a recess of lunas mind. Upon meeting Alec's Olive green eyes, she felt tired to the point of where she feared she might fall over. No sooner that she thought this did her prediction come true. Dizzyness overcame her almost instantly. The night then got darker as her eyes fell shut.


The next thing she saw was a void.

Black and silent.

But Luna felt herself floating in it.

She felt physically there.

She felt lost like she was at the bottom of a well with noppony to save her.

But then a shaft of light broke the endless shadow. It began to snake around the darkness until it formed the shape of a sword.

The image then began to radiate more light until luna could harldy look at it. She tried to close her eyes but then the realized.

*I can't, because they're already closed*

Luna opened her eyes.

She was on the ground. Alec was laying there too passed out. Luna slowly got to her hooves and approached the motionless human.

"Alec?"

"Ohhhhhh.......what was that?"

Alec sat up slowly but winced in pain and clutched his chest .

Luna became concerned (predictably) and went up to him.

"What's wrong?"

Alec put a hand down his shirt and felt they affected area.

"What the hell?"

Alec proceded to remove his oil stained shirt and sweater. Luna took little notice of this new perspective and focoused on what was new. For him and her both. For right about where his heart was, was he solid black shape of a sword. Luna put two and two together before confronting the clueless Alec.

"That wasn't there a minute ago was it?"

"No... no it was not.......wait, how did you know?"

"I saw something when i blacked out"

"It happened to you too?"

luna nodded. she then motioned towards the chevelle.

"When morning comes, We'll discuss it then"

Alec figured that was enough for one night. He got to his feet and put his shirt back on.

"You dont have any fur on your body?" Luna asked.

"Apart from my "mane"" alec responded tousiling his hair.

"Interesting" Luna mused.

Alec walked her around to the passenger side.

"Hop in"

Luna briefly hesitated before setting her forelegs on the leather seat and jumping into the Chevelle.

She turned in place a few times before sitting and leting herslf rest into the back in a somewhat comforable poisition.

Alec got into the drivers side and turned to her.

"Is thy majesty comfy?"

Luna cracked a grin before replying.

"Yes"

Alec produced the keys from his pocket and inserted them into the ignition.

"Might wanna cover your ears"

The Chevelle roared to life. Luna's ears flattened momentarily before curiosity got the best of her.

"How does this work exactly?"

Alec checked his mirrors before easing out onto the road.

"Let's see, about 100 years ago we began to create carriges that had engines in them. The engines were a lot like the ones used in your locomotives back home"

"How do yo-" Luna stopped herself mid- sentence as she remembered that there probably wasn't very many things that he didn't know about equestria by then.

"Anyways, the engines run on fossil fuels that we extract from the ground. It's been like that since the start. However the shape of cars has chenged over the years. This ones an "antique" so to speak. It was designed to be fast, loud and generally for young vigourous people"

"Interesting. So is your species the dominating species here?"

"Yep"

"How many are on this planet?"

"Just over 7 billion"

Lunas eyes widened. The population of equestria was just past the 4 billion mark.

"What about your rulers?, do you have royalty?"

"Its hard to explain, but i'll tell you what. I have a bunch of books on our planet, culture and government plus tons of other stuff. You're welcome to look at them when we get to my house"

"Really?", Luna chirped. "I'd love to!!!"

But then Luna noticed what appeared to be a manual. Try as she might however the symbols on the cover remained an enigma.

"Wait."

"Hm?" Alec grunted as he turned onto another road.

"I fear your language may be a bit foreign to me"

"But we're both speaking english"

"You mean equestrian"

"No, i mean english"

"So....The same verbal language but diffrent text methods and names ...tell me, how many letters are in your alphabet?"

"26"

"You're kidding right?" Luna said half hoping he was.

"Nope"

"Funny, so do we. If that's the case then i can't imagine having too much difficulty learning your's" She concluded with a confident tone.

"Only if you teach me equestrian" Alec reasoned.

Luna weighed the outcomes of teaching her new friend the language of her home planet. If she was going to learn their's then it was only fair. Besides, how dangerous could "Humans" be?

"Here we are" Alec announced pulling up the gravel drive. The Chevelle eased up to he closed garage door before he shut it off.

Luna surveyed the surrounding area to the best of her ability. The night hid most of the lot from view unfortunately.

"I'll show you around tomorrow" Alec said as he walked around and got the door for luna.

She giggled, got out and waited for Alec. The door opened as Alec said "I bid thee welcome to casa de Alec"

The porch was small with your typical closet and boot rack. Ahead lay a set of stairs which led to the kitchen and living room. Beside it was another that lead down to the basement. Luna raised an eyebrow as alec was staring at her. It was only after another few moments that Alec noticed. He blushed and tried to make it seem as if he never was, but failed miserably.

"Are you ok?" Luna asked.

"Oh.....Uh ya i was just uh" Alec mumbled as he looked at the wall.

Alec understandably couldn't control himself. After all Luna was now visible in the light of the porch and Alec was still geting over the fact that this was real... at least he hoped it was.

"It's ok" Luna said with a smile. "Im sure I look rather pitiful at the moment"

It was true, Luna was covered in mud and cuts. It could've been far worse however.

Alec glanced at a nearby clock. 2:30. He was out longer than expected. He looked at luna who (surprisingly) yawned.

"Let me show you to your room" He said as he motioned her to follow him a he acended the stairs. Alec led her to a bedroom with a clean, well kept bed.

Luna went ahead inside before turning to him.

"I really can't thank you eno-"

"Say no more" Alec interrupted raising his hand.

*Such a gentlecolt* Luna thought.

Alec stood in the doorway before realizing he was staring again. Luna laughed as he failed again at covering it. She then approached the bed and lifted the sheets with her magic. Alec watched in awe as the blue aura encased the sheets before covering the sleepy alicorn as she jumped in.

Alec turned out the lights.

"Goodnight luna"

"Goodnight Alec"

He then walked across the hall to his room. He didn't even bother geting into his pajamas. He hit the matress and was out in seconds.

Luna turned in the bed across the hall and looked out of the window. Stars twinkled above this entire new world she had been sent to die in. She felt like there was more to this planet. Something Celestia had not told her. There had to be more to all of this. There had to be. But all she wanted right then was to be wih her.

"Goodnight sister" she whispered as a single tear rolled down her eye.

Dimensions away somepony else was crying too.

/////////////////////////////////////////////

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait.
Hope you enjoy.
Comments and stuff preciated