• Published 20th Nov 2012
  • 700 Views, 15 Comments

Wake Unto Night - IinkDash



A dark story of RainbowDash and MoonGlow with many plot twists and much unexpected turns of events.

  • ...
 15
 700

Dream of Glow

//Wake Unto Night\\
//By: Iink Dash
//Edited: Bright Idea
//Chapter: 2: Dream Of Glow\\




MoonGlow Trance’s eyes shot open. She jumped as her eyes focused on a tall, purple figure standing over her.

“Oh my Celestia! What the hell, Dusk?!” Glow yelled at her brother.

DuskShine Trance stood over her with a worried look on his face.

“Oh, nothing, just that you were FREAKING SHIT and could be heard ACROSS THE HOUSE! The neighbors heard you!” he yelled “You think I wouldn’t be worried about you?”

“Wh…what? I was freaking shit? Was I really that loud?” Glow asked in a scared voice.

“Yeah!” Dusk replied “Are you ok?!”

“Yeah, I think so. I had a nightmare but it’s just a dream.” said Glow.

Dusk sat down at the foot of the bed next to Glow. “Want to talk about it?”

“Yeah” Glow replied “It was really dark, couldn’t have been earlier than midnight. I was walking down a gravel road when I heard a noise behind me. I turned around to see what it was. It turned out to be a beautiful blue Pegasus with rainbow mane. I smiled to greet her and she bucked me in the face. Before I could react, she picked me up. I was too scared to move. She flew up toward the atmosphere at almost rainboom speed. It was so fast that I could barely breathe. Once we got a few miles up, we stopped. She looked at me and smiled a crooked smile as though she were happy to be doing this. Then she dropped me. I fell almost as fast as I had been pulled up. Right before I hit the gravely earth below, I woke up to see you standing over me.” Glow explained “I’m so sorry if I woke you up”

Dusk hugged her warmly in a way he rarely did. “Don’t worry about it. Anything for your safety” Dusk smiled.

Glow smiled back “Thank you, brother”

Dusk kissed the top of her head. As he left, he said “You should get a shower. Might calm you down”

Glow decided to take his advice. She got up out of bed and went to the bathroom to take a warm shower.
The water ran cold instead of warm. Just like the air. Just like everything. She groaned. This damn winter came every year and froze everything in its icy path. She couldn’t wait for winter wrap-up though it was forever away. At least Dusk was right about the shower. I did calm her down a bit.
After a few minutes of being cold in the seemingly frozen water, Glow decided to go back to bed. She dried off, trotted back to her room and got back into bed. When she closed her onyx eyes, she fell into a deep, peaceful slumber.
 --------------------
Glow reawakened early in the morning. The sun shined through the window. It was warm but not enough for her not to notice how cold it was. She shivered, knowing she’d never get used to it. She got out of bed, put on a hoodie and went to the kitchen for breakfast.

“Morning” Dusk greeted with a smile.

“Good morning, Dusk” Glow said with a yawn “How’d you sleep?”

“Pretty good, until your screaming woke me up” Dusk teased.

Glow stuck out her tongue tauntingly to Dusk as she made eggs and pancakes for breakfast. After she was done cooking, she sat down next to Dusk and ate. The pancakes were warm and syrupy and the eggs were warm also.

“I’m gonna go visit Zecora” Glow told Dusk after she finished eating.

“Ok” Dusk replied “Be safe. You know the Everfree forest is dangerous”

“I know!” Glow yelled back

“Watch out for the blue flowers!” Dusk added

“I know!” Glow yelled again

“And watch out for the-“Dusk was cut off.

“Shut up!” Glow yelled.

She galloped out the front door before Dusk could say any more and didn’t slow down until she reached the far end of the street.

“Oh Celestia he can get so annoying sometimes! He worries way too much” Glow said to herself.

Just then, something caught Glow’s attention in the corner of her eye. She looked over just in time to see it dash off. Suddenly forgetting about her visit with her dear friend Zecora, she tried to follow what she had seen. It was so fast; she could barely make out what it was. From what she could tell, it was a lone shadow with no owner. It simply ran as it willed without having to follow a pony.

After a few short minutes of chasing the shadow, Glow somehow caught up to it close enough to see that this shadow was not shaped like any normal pony. It wasn’t even a shadow. It was three dimensional but flat to the ground like paper. It had insect like features including bug like wings and it had glowing green eyes and holes throughout its body.
Out of nowhere it turned around, snarling. It had large, razor sharp, jagged fangs that looked as though they could tear a pony in two. Its eyes glowed a brighter green, staring into her soul as it bit down on Glow’s neck. She blacked out as blood spewed across the grass…