• Published 20th Nov 2012
  • 700 Views, 15 Comments

Wake Unto Night - IinkDash



A dark story of RainbowDash and MoonGlow with many plot twists and much unexpected turns of events.

  • ...
 15
 700

Silent Sounds

//Wake Unto Night\\
//By: Iink Dash
//Edited: Bright Idea
//Chapter: 5: Silent Sounds\\




Dash stared in awe at Glow, who was impaled through the stomach by the horn of a strange colt who had appeared and attacked at random. Dash was too shocked to do anything. She was, or at least thought she was, alone in this.
The green unicorn tore its horn out of the tree and out of Glow, slinging blood off the broken tip and getting tiny red droplets all over Dash. She looked down at the blood as it began to stain her coat then back up at the colt with an ice cold glare as though she were trying to turn him to stone.
“How dare you…”mumbled an angry Dash, quoting her friend Fluttershy, “HOW DARE YOU!”
For a split second, the colt looked ever so slightly panicked like something small deep inside him had died slowly and painfully. Fluttershy’s death glare lessons had obviously helped.
“You do NOT, I repeat, you do NOT! HURT! MY! FRIEND!” Dash roared, still quoting her friend.
She surged at the colt, flapping her wings hard to gallop even faster. She was but a rainbow blur as she flashed toward the colt, her galloping speed almost matched that of her flight speed. Dash stomped her front hoof heavily into the ground, preparing to deliver a spinning buck the colt’s muzzle. At this speed, the impact would tear the colts head clean off his shoulders. But just before the blue-painted horseshoe of her leading hoof, now glowing an orangey red from the friction, could make contact with the jaw of the colt, Dash was suddenly thrown back by some extreme force, a blinding light shining in her eyes as her spine impacted with a tree with an almost bone shattering force.
Dash sat up. She stared into the light, trying to block it so she could see what was causing it. At the center of the illumination, Glow drifted up off of the ground. In front of her, two glowing, white claws held the green colt. Awestruck, Dash’s hoof dropped, as did her jaw. The white shifted red, and then black as the claws began ripping the colt apart, creating a loud, terrifying, blaring uproar. All that was left when it was finished was a small, glowing, silver orb.
Glow chanted loudly in a horrifying, demonic voice. She spoke in a strange tongue that Dash didn’t understand, nor had she even heard anything like it. Dash felt as if she were listening to a cult leader read from the tainted manuscript in which their satanic philosophies were dictated.
The words seemed to have some sort of power because when they were spoken a loud screech buzzed and echoed throughout the forest and pulsed through Dash’s head. The silver orb now resembled a hoofball-sized bubble of liquid metal. It seemed to drip upward into the sky. Then it spattered apart, screeching even louder now, sending silvery, glowing droplets in every direction, splattering on everything in sight.(//Why are you laughing?! It’s everywhere!\\)
Glow spoke more demonic words. Dash still didn’t understand any of it but she swore that the word “End” was in there somewhere because at that moment, everything went absolutely mute. There was no sound from anything and any light was just as absent. Dash lay, paralyzed in utter silence and darkness. She could not tell if her eyes were open or closed. In one piece or a million. Dead or alive…