• Published 2nd Dec 2012
  • 3,174 Views, 169 Comments

Living where the crossing life leads - Warioexpert



A My Little Pony and Animal Crossing crossover fic

  • ...
9
 169
 3,174

3 - The Fountain Goddess

As the pony’s consciousness slowly returned, she heard two voices bickering from nearby.

“Alfonso you dumb gator!" one of the voices said, sounding a bit agitated

"What did I do?” answered the other, obviously confused

“You know what you did! You brought a naked girl into my house and you gave her my clothes to!?”

“Well you did save her, she should be your responsibility...” the second voice started to say before being interrupted by the first.

“My responsibility!? You were the one who wanted to carry her!”

“You were screaming for fifteen minutes straight. We couldn't leave her there, not in that state.” it retorted with a squeak

“Hmph... Whatever, did you really have to put her in my stinking bed though.”

“Where else was I supposed to put her... your man cave?”

“I’ll be damned for the rest of my days if I ever let a girl into my man cave!”

“Shhh! quiet, she’s waking up...”


The violet pony slowly opened her eyes, groaning in pain, before quickly looked at her surroundings. She seemed to be in a small attic, with nothing more than a few posters on the walls. Beside the bed was a night stand, a dusty looking telephone, and two peculiar individuals staring at her rather intently.

“H-Huh?” she said tiredly “Who are you... where am I?” she rustled around in the sheets, feeling unsettled.


“Now-now, don't try to exert yourself.” said the strange,orange alligator. “We found you out cold and brought you here to rest.”


“What do you mean we?” the other bipedal creature said with a scowl, something about his build seemed familiar, but she couldn't put her hoof on it.

She stared at the nearly fur-less one, quizzically, as the orange gator coughed slightly.

“Don't mind my friend here, he’s a bit of a grump.” the gator said with an assuring smile before presenting a claw. “Allow me to introduce myself, my name’s Alfonso”

“Um... Nice to meet you Alfonso...” the pony said, breaking eye contact and wiggling her way further out of the sheets as she tried to lift a hoof to shake.

She lost her train of thought as she noticed what the sheets covering her were made of. “Wow! This bed is made of gold... yet its so comfortable?” as she wriggled around to get a better look some of the sheets fell to expose some strange white clothing she was wearing. “How did this dress get on me?”

“Its a toga! We couldn't leave you naked and I didn't want any girly perfume on my good clothes” the fur-less creature stated, blushing slightly before making a heroic pose. “It’s a symbol of manliness from ancient times!”

“Calm down Jack!” Alfonso scowled at him, while she looked between the two with a perplexed expression.

“Wait... your name is Jack?” she asked as she tilted her head slightly.

“Yeah, that's my name, got a problem with that?” Jack seemed annoyed by her interest in him as he started to get up.

“Easy now slugger.” Alfonso said, placing a claw on Jack’s shoulder. He seemed to understand her curiosity well. “Jack, is the only ‘human’ here in our quiet little town of Smashville”

“So that’s what you...wait...Smashville!?” she exclaimed as her eyes widened. “Then that means...” a big smile grew on her face.

“Yes!” she screamed in an excited tone. “My spell worked! I’m the first pony to ever travel to another dimension!”

Both Jack and Alfonso’s jaw’s suddenly dropped as the excited pony turned to Jack.

“You must be the Jack who received my letters!” she exclaimed as she tried to jump at Jack to give him a hug.

“Woah-woah-woah! Hold on!” Jack said, getting out of his chair and putting his arms up defensively. “You're the one who was sending me those scrolls?” he asked with a twitch in his eye.

“Why yes!” she answered happily “I’m Twilight Sparkle, it's an honor to finally meet you Jack” she said as she managed to get out of the tangled sheets

“I have so many questio--Woah!” she yelped as she fell and hit the floor.

“Gah! Are you alright Miss Twilight!?” Alfonso said, while helping her up.

“Thank you Alfonso... I'm fine but, something doesn't feel right” Twilight said looking down, quite shocked by what she saw. “Ah... my body!”

“Well something’s definitely wrong with you.” Jack remarked, snickering quietly. “You can’t even stand on your own two feet.”

“ That's because I never had feet, or hands for that matter!” she remarked with an awed expression, looking over her new appendages. “I usually stand on four hoofs!”

“Maybe your body changed when coming here?” Alfonso suggested as he sat Twilight on the bed.

“That is a possibility, yes” Twilight said, feeling bubbly inside as she rubbed her chin with her hand. “I guess I could get accustomed to this.” she remarked happily, looking at her wiggling toes.

“Yeah-yeah, nice knowing that you have a new look, but what the fudge can you tell about this?” Jack questioned, pointing at her horn.

“Oh, this old thing?” Twilight said with a smile “This is my horn, I’m a unicorn after all.”

Jack blinked for a moment, seeming unable to comprehend. “ That's not possible, unicorns are a myth...” he stated plainly.

“So are humans from my research, yet you're standing here right now.” Twilight retorted.

“Well then if you're a unicorn, do something only a unicorn can” Jack snarked with a smirk.

Twilight scowled slightly at him as she got off the bed and tried to stay on her feet. “Fine, maybe I will!” she said as Alfonso put out a helping claw with a tired sigh. “I’ll make your bed with my magic.” she said as she started to concentrate.

“Hmmm!” small sparks came off her horn, but nothing else happened “H-Huh?” she said before she tried again, concentrating with all her might. “Hmmmmmmm!” A bigger display of sparks flew off her horn but the result was the same. “Why won’t it...Oh no! Alfonso, could you please get that mirror for me?” she asked politely, with a little anxiety.

Jack lifted an eyebrow as she held onto Alfonso’s empty chair for support.

“Here you go.” Alfonso held up the mirror for her.

“Ahhh!” she shouted, causing Alfonso to almost drop the mirror “My horn, its broken!” she exclaimed, touching the the crack gingerly. She noticed Alfonso glance at Jack from the corner of her eye before the human piped up.

“Ummm... Maybe you hit your head?” Jack said as he tugged on his shirt collar nervously.

“Hmm... well something did knock me out cold when I was in the portal sphere” she rubbed her chin, a scared look appearing on her face. “How am I supposed to get back home now?” she held her head. “I'm rendered useless without my magic!”

“Hmph...” Jack huffed “Some unicorn you are...” Alfonso shot him another glare.

“Jack! Stop being so insensitive!” Alfonso shouted angrily at him, but Jack just crossed his arms and huffed again.

“Hmm... Oh! Maybe the fountain goddess could help you!” Alfonso suggested.

Twilight looked at him quizzically “Fountain goddess?”

“Yep, she lives in the fountain just in front of the town gate” Alfonso said with a simple nod.

“Alfonso... you know she’ll be just wasting everyone’s time...” Jack deadpanned “That spoiled rotten excuse for a goddess should be the last person to ask for help...”

Twilight looked at him with a frown. “Well, I don't see any other option than to accept help from a foreign deity”, she said. “Maybe she'll help me if I’m polite?”

“Fine... don’t say I didn't warn you.” Jack said, shrugging as he took the lead in walking downstairs.


Jack opened the door for Alfonso as the gator walked Twilight out the front door.

“Alright, easy does it now” Alfonso said as he held her hand.

Twilight smiled sheepishly “It's okay Alfonso, I think I can walk on my own” she said, before Alfonso slowly let go. She wobbled slightly in place, before taking her first steps without any help.

“Oh good, I thought I had to hold your hand the entire day” Alfonso chuckled, scratching the back of his head a bit embarrassed. Turning around he noticed Jack was glaring daggers at him.

“U-Um... Well yeah I have to get going now, need to get ready for the festival and all that. See you there Jack!” Alfonso stuttered, before trying to run off in a hurry.

“Hold on there mister!” Jack grabbed him by the t-shirt, before shooting a look at the wide-eyed Twilight. “Give me one second!” he said before he dragged Alfonso behind his house.

“What now Jack!?” Alfonso said.

“You will not tell ANYONE, especially you-know-who, about this!” Jack said with a menacing stare.

“W-Why not?” Alfonso stuttered with fear.

“I can hardly bare her attention now, imagine if she catches wind of this and gets jealous.” Jack hissed into Alfonso’s ear. “I swear on Hell and Earth that if you even chirp a word about this, I will skin you alive and wear you as alligator skin boots!”

Alfonso gulped as the image grew in his mind. “Understood,crystal clear,comprendido mi capitan!” he said giving a nervous salute.

“Good... now scram!” Jack said, before Alfonso bolted and Twilight walked over, with a confused glance after the fleeing gator.

“What was that all about?” she asked.

“Just reminding him of his Chestnut Festival duties.” Jack responded grimly

“Chestnut festival?” Twilight said as she tilted her head.

“Oh right...” Jack cleared his throat before he started to explain in a grandeur tone. “Well the Chestnut festival is a celebration held here in Smashville every year. The festival is being held right in front of town hall to mark the end of the Summer as the leaves change color”

“And then you make Cider with the apples like Applejack does!” Twilight said, getting caught up in the hype.

Jack narrowed his eyes for a moment “What...who..no not at all?” he said with a tone of utter confusion.

“Oh! I'm sorry, I keep forgetting I'm not in Equestria anymore” she said, palming her forehead and sticking her tongue out. “Where I come from the seasons are only able to change with a lot of ponypower. We ponies do things such as bring in snow clouds for the winter, or gallop in herds to make the leaves fall in the Autumn...”

Jack scratched his head at the thought “O-kaayy...that actually sounds a little interesting..” he thought for a moment before remembering the annoying task ahead. “Well things here are much simpler.” he said, crossing his arms “Seasons change on their own around here.”

“Hmm... I wish I had something to take notes with!” Twilight excitedly stated, before her ears dropped disappointingly “But I left my quills and parchment in my suitcase...”

Jack shrugged “I didn't find any suitcases when me and Alfonso found you...”

“Oh...” she looked down for a moment before tripping, from a lack of concentration. “Woah!”

Covering her face with her hands Twilight expected to land painfully on the ground only to feel a strong hand stop her fall. Peeking between her fingers, she saw Jack was next to her and had grabbed her shoulder.

“Watch it!” Jack said with a scowl.

“Sorry... still getting trying to get use to walking like this...” she said looking up at him.

For a few seconds Twilight just stood there with Jack’s arm on her shoulder. As red slowly blossomed in his cheeks from Twilight’s eye contact, he quickly looked away and let go. This made her struggle to regain her balance as he walked past.

“....Gah!” Jack groaned, the blush fading from his face. “Come on, standing around here isn't going to get you home” he said.


They soon reached a large fountain situated in front of what seemed to be a bus stop. It was a simple fountain that had crystal clear water spouting from some statues. Twilight strode confidently towards the fountain, finally accustomed to her new legs.

“Is this where the Fountain goddess lives?” Twilight asked as she walked up to it.

“Eeeyup...” Jack answered plainly as he reached into his pocket.

“So, I'm guessing that you summon this goddess with coins?” Twilight asked again.

“Nnnope...” Jack answered again as he pulled out a rather worn axe.

“H-Huh!?” Twilight gasped in sudden disbelief “H-How did you do that?” she questioned, looking at his pocket intently.

“What do you mean? This is just a spare axe I carry around in my pocket.” Jack said, feeling his personal space being invaded as Twilight tried to look inside his pocket.

“That's precisely my point! It’s impossible to just fit something as big as an axe in your pockets, there must be some logical explanation behind it!” she exclaimed.

“Hey! Keep your mitts out of my pockets!” Jack defensively shoved her away. “I was always able to fit stuff like this in my pockets always, everyone can do that to.”

“Everypony!?” Twilight said, trying to keep her balance before landing on her rump “Ow... this is astounding!” she said, ignoring the pain of her fall “Entire hammer-spaces of storage for everypony in this dimension. Not even the most advanced form of magics can create that kind of space!” she exclaimed both fascinated and excited.

Jack stood there scratching his head “Everypony?” his face grimaced for a moment before he shook his head “Oh whatever, lets get this going already!” he said winding up his arm “Hah!” he grunted as he lobbed the dull axe into the fountain.

Twilight watched “What will that do?” she asked.

“Wait for it...” Jack said crossing his arms.

A bright glow suddenly erupted from the fountain into a tower of light, Jack stood his ground while Twilight cringed before the bright silhouette of an angelic figure. With the light fading She started to stand again as she looked over the goddess.

She appeared to be a bipedal white dog with large beady eyes, dressed in a white gown and wearing a golden tiara on her head. She floated majestically over the fountain before her feet touched the water, she soon went from seeming like a majestic omnipotent being to sounding like a whining child as she gripped her head.

“Ow-ow-ow-ow-ow!!!” she shrieked in pain as a large red bump swelled on her head “Alright! Who was the jerk-face who threw that axe at me!” her eyes blind with rage as she looked to the two before her. Twilight started to fear for her life as Jack just stood there with his arms crossed.

“Hey Serena.” Jack said, in a casual tone while picking his nose.

“Oh...Its you...” Serena deadpanned as she kept rubbing her head “How dare you lobb your axe at me!? I thought I’d already given you a golden axe already! What more do you want from me!?” she bellowed directly at Jack, who still stood there unfazed.

“I need your help to get someone back home...” Jack stated, calmly.

“And what makes you think I’ll help you!?” she shouted out at him, before Twilight stepped in between the two.

“Excuse me, your grace? Allow me to apologize if my friend here has disturbed you, but it is with great urgency that I plead to you for your assistance” Twilight said while bowing her head.

“Friend???” Jack scowled in the background as the goddess switched her attention to the violet unicorn.

“Hmm... you seem polite enough to speak to me... go on.” Serena crossed her arms as she looked down upon Twilight.

“Yes, well, as you can tell I am not from this world” Twilight said pointing out her horn.

“Wait, your n...” Serena looked surprised before quickly regaining her composure “I-i mean of course you're not... you obviously aren't from this world” the goddess said snobbishly, her head held high.

“Um, yes, and that is why I humbly request for a gateway back to my world.” Twilight requested bowing her head again as sweat rolled down her forehead.

“Hmm...” the goddess took a moment to look back at Jack, who was minding his own business staring at the clouds “Well I was angry from getting hit with an axe pommel... but your politeness pleases me mortal, I shall see to your request post haste” Serena said with a smile.

“You will? Oh thank you, your grace!” Twilight bowed her head after hearing Serena’s words.

Unbenounced to her Jack crossed his arms after overhearing this.

“So mortal... what universe do you hail from?” Serena asked.

“Equestria your grace.” Twilight answered.

“Ah, Equestria, very well... I will return to my fountain to search the plain of existence for your world, and I will get back to you...” Serena waved Twilight off before turning into a sphere of bright light and dissipating.

“Hah! I told you being polite would work” Twilight snarked proudly at Jack, who was sitting on the grass playing with a stag beetle he’d caught in his hands.

The fountain quickly lit up again as Serena emerged once more “I have returned mortal!” Serena announced, acting rather happy.

“Wow, that was quick!” Twilight complimented with a smile.

“Yes, I have reached to the far reaches of the Multiverse to find your world...” Serena crossed her arms proudly.

“That's great!” Twilight said with a sigh of relief.

“Unfortunately I am unable to comply with your request, for your world is far from my jurisdiction, like way far.” Serena said in a casual tone, her smile remaining on her face.

Twilight's eyes shot wide open as the sound of smashed glass echoed in her mind.
“B-But, Your grace! did you not say that you would help me?” she said.

“Hmph! Well that was before I found out that your universe is out of my reach. Its not my problem anymore and there's nothing that can change that.” the goddess arrogantly stated, before looking at her nails. “You will just have to find your own way home.” Without another word she dissipated back into the fountain.

Twilight stood with a confused expression as her eye's started to sting.

Nonchalantly, Jack walked up next to her “Well shoot... she kept my axe, Eh... no biggie...”

Her head slowly turned to him “No biggie? You only lost an axe, I'm stuck here with somepony so insensitive that they would care for their personal belongings more than another living being!" feeling her emotions well up she gave him a shove.

Jack quickly caught his balance and replied. “I told you you’d be wasting your time with her, as a wise man once told me ‘thank the deity's that created this world, but do not rely on them’”

“...Y-You're Unbelievable!” she shouted out at him “I'm stuck here billions of lightyears away from my friends and family and your passing all of this off as something casual!?”

“Hey! I'm not the one who wanted you to come here in the first place!” he shouted back at her “I thought those letters were all a prank!”

“So what am I supposed to do now?” she said, starting to sound hysterical.

“...” Jack crossed his arms “Well, whatever it is... it shouldn't be my problem.” he said before turning his back and started walking off.

He’d taken a few steps before he started to hear quiet sobs.

“Hm?” he slowly turned his head to the noise. “Oh-no...”, he thought to himself as he saw Twilight. She was sitting in front of the fountain hiding her face in between her arms and knees, crying just loud enough for him to hear her.


‘Jack... you just reached a whole new low...’, a voice rang in his mind.

“What?”, Jack thought to himself, as if he tried to speak back to the voice in his head.

‘Just look what you've gone and done... so despicable...’, the voice answered. For some reason this voice made Jack feel insignificant.... and removable.

“Hey, it shouldn't be my fault”, he thought back to the voice.

‘Well it is... how dare you?’, the voice answered with finality.

Jack’s eyes widened as he realized the conversation he was having wasn’t just some hallucination.

‘You should be ashamed... making a girl as innocent as her cry like that... what would someone else think about you now... what would the ‘’readers’’ think about you now?’

He scowled as he listened to the scolding voice “What readers!?” he shouted aloud before he covered his mouth.


After noticing that the voice was gone, he took a moment to look back at Twilight, who was still crying with no signs of stopping. The image of her like this felt like it was engraving itself in the back of his mind. Jack then rubbed his forehead as his guilt started to sink in. He walked up to her and he placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. Twilight slowly looked up to Jack with tear filled eyes.

“Um... Twilight...” he said with a sigh, before bending down closer to her “Look, I'm sorry, alright? I know I thought those letters were part of some elaborate prank... but that was a big mistake of mine, I realize that now that I see you like this.” Twilight sniffled as she rubbed her eyes on to the toga, which led to a slight twitch in Jack’s eye.

“So... here’s what I’m going to do, I am going to take full responsibility for my actions and let you crash at my place until whatever time you need to get your horn fixed or find you another way home, whichever comes first...” Jack said with a serious look.

His eyes suddenly widened as the violet unicorn invaded his space for the second time today. She was hugging him tightly around his neck and for some unknown reason he let this slide, only for a minute or so.

“Alright-alright, you can let go of me now” Jack said, pushing Twilight to arms-length as she sniffled slightly.

“Thank you...” Twilight said quietly before Jack got up and crossed his arms.

“Hmph!” he huffed “Don't think that me letting you stay, doesn't mean you should be thankful for it!” he said, pointing a finger down at her. “I'm going to start right now by laying down some rules before I have any of that!” Twilight's head sprang up attentively after hearing the word ‘rules’, which made Jack pause.

“U-Um... Right...Rule Number 1! You will not draw any unwanted attention, meaning that you shall not tell anyone that you are a unicorn!”

Twilight nodded at this “Agreed...”

“Rule Numero Dos! While living with me you will have your own room and you will stick to that room. I don't care what you do to that room as long as you don't touch anything else in my house, that way I will remain level-headed. Oh! That especially means that you will stay the fudge out of my Man Cave!”

She nodded again although with a slightly confused look “Um... alright?”

“Rule Number Three! I will have no complaints about anything whatsoever. I like my solitude and I would like to keep that intact as much as possible!”

“Alright then...” Twilight said rolling her eyes. “Anything else?”

“Yes as a matter of fact! Thank you for reminding me.” Jack said with a smirk.

“The fourth and final rule is this. While you’re living with me, you will have to work on tasks I give you to pay for rent!”

Twilight's eyes widened. “What!?” she shouted in confusion. “You're going to make me work!? What about taking responsibility for your mistake!?”

Before she could say anything Jack placed his index finger on her lips, shutting her up. “Tsk-tsk-tsk...” Jack waved his other index finger before holding up two other fingers.
“Rule number three remember?”

“Besides, the fact that I must take responsibility for your shelter and health does not give you the right to be a freeloader...” he said with a stern look as he took his finger off Twilights lips.

She crossed her arms. “Fine...” she mumbled.

“Good, you will begin first thing tomorrow morning, after joining me and the other town’s folk for the Annual Chestnut festival! So until then you should relax and stick with me.” Jack said.

Twilight nodded again as she got to her feet with a sniffle.

“Oh... and one last thing...” Jack said before she looked at him. “...Quit the water works...” he said plainly, offering her a red neckerchief he pulled out of his pocket.

The violet unicorn accepted it and wiped his eyes “Well... you know what could cheer me up a little?” she looked at him as her face started to brighten. “Another dress to wear?”

A vein popped out on Jack's forehead “ITS A TOGA!” he shouted towards the heavens as Twilight began to laugh.