• Published 2nd Dec 2012
  • 3,174 Views, 169 Comments

Living where the crossing life leads - Warioexpert



A My Little Pony and Animal Crossing crossover fic

  • ...
9
 169
 3,174

12 - Magic Kindergarden

His finger descended like the barrel of a gun before his sight was set on Twilight. Her eyes crossed as she followed the finger’s decent before he decreed, “Twilight… You’re going to teach me magic…” His words hung in the air like gold as she stared at him in stunned awe. He was the mighty Jack, slayer of trees and the most popular guy in Smashville. There was no other more deserving of the ability to wield magic, and he would become the greatest wizard of all ti-...


His fantasy quickly dissolved as he found himself staring down at the laughing unicorn. Her eyes had become teary from her excessive chuckling, her forehead resting on the couch arm as she tried to stifle her laughter with one of the couch pillows.


“Teach you. Oh Celestia!” she broke into another bout of laughter when she managed to look at him again. Jack felt the sudden desire to break something as she succumbed to her giggle fit, but thankfully it only lasted a few minutes. Clearing her throat, and avoiding direct eye contact, she finally composed herself under Jack’s stern look.


“Finished?” Jack asked while bearing his fists, a grim warning about his current feelings.


“Uhmph! Sorry Jack. It’s just. Well you’re...you.” The resulting arm waving in his direction only helped in stoking his ire.


“Is there a problem with me?” The tone was all it took for her to carefully think over her next choice of words.



“Well technically there is Jack,” gently removing her bow she cleared her throat before continuing. “From all my studies in magic I’ve learned some key rules about using it. First is never attempt any new spells while Pinkie is around. That’s just asking for trouble. The second is that without a proper magical catalyst, one cannot weave spells. Instead the gathered energy disperses into the surrounding area causing random effects, and an abundance of side effects for the caster.” The two of them stared at each other for a minute, Jack nodding his head slowly, before Twilight sighed and gingerly tapped the cracked horn adorning her forehead. “If you don’t have a unicorn horn, you can’t use magic.”


“Ah!” he said as recognition flashed in his eyes. Even as Twilight placed a hand to her head, an impish smile appeared on his face. "Shows what you know.”


"Huh?"


Walking over to the fireplace with a swagger in his step, Jack continued to beam. Running a finger along the left side, a click and whirr was heard before the mantle extended and opened wide to reveal a hidden cupboard. Held within was a variety of ancient looking tomes, some with their titles displayed on the spine while others were barren besides a decorative design of animals and what seemed to be runes.


The unicorn's jaw practically reached the floor as she watched the curious mechanism reveal the contents it guarded. Even her eyes tripled in size before she walked past Jack for a closer look. "And I thought you humans were illiterate."


"I know right... wait?" Expecting praise, her response caught him off guard. Scratching his head the pieces quickly fell into place before he gave her an offended look. "Hey! I can so read you egghead!"


"Sorry Jack. I didn't mean that offensively.” Twilight said whirling around at the misunderstanding. A panic came over her thinking she may have ruined her chance to read such big, dusty, and otherworldly material. “I've just never seen you trying to read anything. I Just assumed you were illiterate, or tried to avoid it." Though she tried her best to show her sincerity, the books made it so difficult that she found her fingers beginning to fidget against her will.


Giving her a hard look, which made her even more anxious, he finally let her off the hook with a huff and wave of his hand. "Fair enough. I can't speak for others. If there are any. But I prefer reading books off the internet instead of having real books cluttering my house.”


"In-tear-net?” The word sounded so alien it took a moment before she showed recognition, and chuckled at the absurdity. "Why would someone use a net with a tear to read books? You’re just being silly today." Turning back to the precious literature, Twilight gave a concerned sigh before a particularly large leather bound tome with silver inlay of sigils made her ‘oh’ in interest. She eagerly tried to pry it from the cupboard grunting as it stubbornly refused to leave its place of rest, but she wasn’t going to be dissuaded so easily. Placing one foot against the fireplace, she gripped the book with both hands before tugging. Straining from the effort, the thought of Spike doing this very task so easily passed through her thoughts before the book popped free. She flashed a victorious grin, before the book pinned her to the ground under its heavy weight. Struggling to escape, but not damage the book, she finally gave up and looked at Jack with pleading eyes.


“Firstly, the internet doesn’t trap people under first edition copies of ‘Apothecary guide to Flora and Fauna’.” He squatted down next to her, tapping the book cover teasingly. “Secondly, this silly person could just let the bibliophile find her own way out of this predicament because he didn’t like being made fun of…” Jack started to stand up before Twilight rolled her eyes.


“I’m sorry I called you silly.”


“And?”


“Could you please help me.”


“Of course Twilight.” Adopting a smug grin, he easily lifted the book of her front and placed it on the nearby coffee table.


“Thanks,” she said before getting up and dusting off her skirt. “Could you possibly; please; help me put some of these books on the table so I can read them?”


“Sure. Seeing how you’ll probably need these to teach me magic, I’m pretty glad I stol- ahem! Bought these from Blathers.” One step ahead of her, he quickly deposited the first half of the books on the table before wiping the dust from his hands with a few claps.


Feeling overwhelmed by the sudden increase in possible reading material, Twilight happily went to work organizing them into a reading order after taking a seat on the couch. Coming across what seemed to be the newest addition to the collection she paused to look it over. It was written by someone named J.K. Rolling and had the image of three figures in the middle of a pile of treasure. The one in the center stood out from the other two due to his glasses and crescent moon scar.


"Hmm... Harry Potter?" she tilted her head her head inquisitively as she opened to the prologue, hoping to find out more about the contents.


"Yes, Harry Potter!" Jack said as he pulled another book out of his cupboard and into the second pile building in his grip. "It’s the last of the series and its about magic, witches, wizards, weird potions, and even weirder creatures that will make your skin crawl!"


"Interesting..." Twilight said before she shut the book, putting it aside so she could read it later. "But what does this have to do with me teaching you magic?”


"Don't tell me you don't see the big picture already!” he said before the pile in his arm nearly toppled. “A week ago everything I knew about reality was challenged when you first arrived. Magic is real! Its like waking up and having superpowers!"


“Really,” she said raising her head from one of the open books to give him a skeptical look. Seeing she was already a third of the way through Jack took a moment to wonder if she was actually reading, or just trying to show off.


“Yes!” Dumping the second load of books on the table, she shot him a disapproving look when they tumbled onto her page. “If you can travel through dimensions on a whim-” Seeing the look progress further to a stern librarian’s, he rolled his eyes before moving the books out of her way. “...with the right spell! I’m sure you can teach a human magic. You even said I was part of the mythology of this Equestria place, and I’m standing right here, real as day!"


“I’m just not sure that it’s possible, or even safe for that matter.” she answered before what Jack said next had her ears perking up.


“And here I thought you’d want to get some fascinating report about your studies to see if humans could manipulate magic or not. I’m sure Princess Celestia would be so proud of her best student for discovering totally new things, and sharing her knowledge with others...”


Twilight jumped out of her seat excitedly, her thoughts easily shown on her face as his words sunk in. Hook, line and sinker, Jack snickered in thought before she grabbed his hands


“Do you really think so! Omigosh! I could be the first unicorn to ever have a human apprentice,” she looked him over skeptically again as she spoke. “Even if it turns out you can’t.”


"And I’ll be able to turn Seth into a frog like he deserves"


“What was that?”


“Nothing! I just think it’s getting a little late... I’ll lug these up to your room and then we can start training in the morning,” he said avoiding her questioning by grabbing a armful of books and hurrying up the stairs.. “I’ll get you home with my magic skills in no time flat!”


Twilight giggled at his excitement, feeling nostalgic. Watching him running up the stairs with the books, she imagined a small lavender filly acting the same way after becoming Celestia’s personal student. "You're really such a silly guy…” she said. He disappeared up the stairs, before she wiped a small tear from her eye with the palm of her hand. ”...But thank you Jack... For everything.”


Standing victorious over the groveling wolf, Jack stood with one foot on Seth’s head as glowing sparks danced between his fingers and an unseen crowd shouted his name over and over. Beside him was a huge golden trophy with a plaque saying ‘Jack The greatest at everything and the manliest man alive!’


Under his foot he heard Seth whine before saying, “I was wrong to ever challenge you. Not only are you the better man, you are more worthy of her then I.” Still prostrated before him, Seth’s hand motioned to the side where a curtain parted to reveal Twilight wearing the kimono from the festival.


She blushed as Jack looked at her, admiring the geta sandals and hiyoku that had been added to her attire. She slowly stepped towards him with her hand outstretched, her lavender coat smelling of the delicate flower it resembled. Her blush became even more prominent when Jack took his foot of the wolf and meet her halfway, gently bringing her hand to his lips before kissing it.


“Well this is pretty awkward. Most people don’t kiss when they first meet, or even on the first date” Twilight said in a strange voice before the surroundings vanished, and Jack found himself kissing a chubby ghost’s hand. Too stunned to move, Jack just stood partly bowed while the ghost pounded its chest with it’s other hand and coughed. “Pardon me, I think I’m getting a bit of a frog in my throat.”


With his arms pinwheeling, Jack finally fell backwards on his rump and started to scoot backwards in fright. “G-g-g-g-g-ghost!” he shouted with a finger pointed at the ghost. The ghost screamed and turned where Jack had pointed, before turning around with a unhappy look on his oversized lips.


“Don’t scare me like that!” the spirit said. He wrapped both hands around his middle as he scolded Jack, who had quickly gotten to his feet during the distraction. “Ghosts are scary and I don’t like them. And after all this trouble to get into your dreams to talk to you Jack. I could’ve had a heart attack if you really were possessed.”


“What are you? How did you get in my head? And-and why did you give me such a weird dream?” Jack finally blurted out before the ghost could babble anymore. Standing with his own arms crossed Jack waited tensely for an answer.


“Oh! Right, introductions. I am Wisp, the genie!” Two weak puffs of smoke appeared at his side as he raised his hands, before they fizzled out almost immediately. Looking embarrassed the genie repeated the same motion. Instead of smoke, it sounded like someone farted. “...We lamp spirits really need to work on our entrances. Anyway, I got in here because supposedly you help others in need. You see. I’ve kinda, sorta, probably left my lamp somewhere and forgot where it was. I used some of my magic to enter your subconscious to ask you for help.”


“So you couldn’t just knock on the door and say. ‘Hey Jack, I heard you’re a real helpful guy and thought you could help me. Maybe I think it’s really rude that you decided to jump into my head and made it seem like I was interested in that egghead. Maybe I’ll say n-”


“If you find my lamp, I’ll have enough magic to grant you one wish.” Wisp added twiddling his weird arms together as he looked off to the side nonchalantly.


“As I was saying. Of course I’m willing to help you. Just what kinda lamp we talking about here. I’ve got some nice electric one’s downstairs, and one of those old funky lava lamps somewhere. Any of those interest you?”


“Not really” the genie said although the last option seemed to be intriguing him. “It needs to be my lamp you see, it sorta boosts my magic powers and I have all my stuff in it. It’s easy enough to find out if it’s mine if you give it a rub, it shoots out fireworks after I upgraded to the deluxe model.” His arms dangled in front of him as Jack watched. Thinking about it, wasn’t he more transparent than before?


“Thanks anyway...” Yawning the genie regained some substance. “I’ve been holed up in a conch shell for the last few days. It’s difficult to sleep properly in a spirally shell, especially with those pesky crabs trying to drag me out with their little pincers. Terrible little things I tell you. One even tried to take my precious hat before I tossed him in the sea.”


“Can’t you just move?” Jack pointed out. It seemed simple. Lift the shell somewhere safe, or just find somewhere better to stay until the shell was found. Wisp’s ‘are you crazy’ look though made him wonder what he’d missed. Rolling his eyes, the genie started another rant. It was starting to remind him of how Twilight acted when she tried to prove a point. “... They’re like limp noodles.” Wisp said while he waved his arms to demonstrate. They did infact bend like wet noodles, and that display was the only reason Jack managed to catch the last part of Wisp’s rant. “I could also sleep inside somebody's mind, but I need their permission first.”


“Wait. So if I gave you permission, you’d be able to move into my body?” This gave him an idea. If the genie was with him all the time, maybe he’d find the lamp quicker. And that meant getting his wish quicker to


“Well yes, but there are some side effects that you should-”


“Blah, blah, blah.” Jack said while mimicking Wisp’s mouth with his hand. “Do you want to sleep in an uncomfortable shell, with crabs trying to kick you out. Or live in one of the greatest people in Smashville for awhile”


“You mean Nook?”


“No!” he answered without thinking. He quickly tried to cover-up the mistake incase the genie decided to spread rumours later, or offer his mentor the proposition instead. “I mean me. Nook’s a great guy, but he’s way too busy with important stuff to be of help. I, Jack, give you temporary permission to live in me. Just no trying to make me look like a fool, or making my body move in weird ways. Got it!”


“Sure. Well, I guess so. Are you really sure?” Wisp seemed flustered by the whole chain of events’ before another yawn made the decision easier to make. Puffing himself up to look as mystic as he could, he crossed his arms before saying in a booming voice, “the great and powerful Wisp accepts Jack’s hospitality, and agrees to the conditions.” Ending with another yawn, his eyes drooped a little as he started to fade. “So I’m gonna go sleep now. Wake me up when you find something. Um... out of curiosity, what do you want to wish for?" Wisp managed to ask before he nearly vanished.


“A roller coaster,” Jack said quickly. His eye twitched slightly as he grinned at Wisp.


"So for your wish. You want a roller... coaster?” Wisp felt taken aback by the tremendous request. Usually he helped people by completing everyday tasks, but a roller coaster just seemed selfish.


"Yeah! It’ll be ginormous, be super fast, and have at least two loop-de-loops." Jack said before spreading his arms wide. "I can picture it now. Lines of people looking to ride, a complimentary barf bag for each rider, and a slogan. ‘Mangles your spine, leave your money behind!’"


“Yes... of course. If a roller coaster is what you want then a roller coaster you shall have!" Wisp said with a nod. “I’ll be off to sleep then. Good morning.”


"See ya then" Jack waved as Wisp went on his way, a little confused by his last words.


"Oh, and by the way..." the genie seemed to force himself awake as he stared intently at Jack, and inhaled deeply. "Wake up!"


“Wake up Jack!” Practically dragging Jack out of bed, Twilight gave his leg another tug as he groggily muttered about wanting five more minutes. Huffing loudly she looked at plan b, taking a moment to fantasize about her premeditated wake-up plan. "We need to start you on the basics.”


"The genie was going to give me a wish… need to sleep." Mumbling as he curled the bed sheet around him, a content sigh escaped his lips as he heard her huff. The only warning of the icy water that followed was the creaking of a metal hinge as the bucket was upended on him, before the bucket was dropped on his head. “GAH! what the fudge!?” Flailing around blindly and soaked to the skin, Jack fell off the bed as he tried to pry the bucket loose. After a great deal of struggling, and running into the corner of his bedside table, he managed to finally get free. Just in time to see Twilight pull the third photo free from one of his cameras.


“Awake?” she asked with a smile as he glared at her. She casually waved the photos, letting them quickly develop.


“Why you little…” he barked at her. he was about to take the bucket and let Twilight experience a similar embarrassment, but the photos gave him pause. “...wait. What are you doing with those?”


“Consider them incentive. If you want to learn magic, we’re doing it my way. Can’t give you marks for anything, if you manage to do something, and I’m not really classified as a teacher anyway. So you’ll be working to earn these. Otherwise… I might just let Brewster have these.”


“That’s blackmail!” Jack growled.


“Without this much, you won’t put your all into it. Also, I’ve wanted to use this method since I saw how quick Applejack taught Winona how to roll-over with a few treats.” she said before heading out of the room. “Now hurry-up, I still need to finish the list of chores for today.”


Grumbling as he cleaned up the mess of wet sheets and a few items that had fallen, he tried to recall who this Winona was as he went through a mental list of her friends from the Equestria place. When it finally dawned on him, he just dropped everything and facepalmed.


She is going to have sooo much work tomorrow, gritting his teeth as the cold water evaporated from the heat of his anger. Hearing a loud whistle from upstairs he quickly dressed in a dry set of clothes before taking the stairs two at a time. He was already thinking something in the weeding department by the time he’d reached the main floor. That’s when he got his second surprise for the morning. “Where’s all my stuff!?” Seeing not only the rooms’ furnishings gone, Jack nearly had a heart attack before Twilight pointed to a leaf pile in the corner.


“They were taking up too much space and I needed the room for the desk and blackboard.” she explained as he started going through each leaf to make sure nothing was missing. “I also hide all the clocks so you wouldn’t get distracted while you learn the basics of magic.”


Completely overwhelmed by the reversal of roles, Jack didn’t know whether to be angry about her complete disregard for the three rules, or excited that he’d learn how to make fire balls come out of his hand. One thing was for sure though, he didn’t want to know how Twilight had gotten her hands on the blackboard and desk. More so because he didn’t remember giving her the bells to buy them. Not wanting to pry, incase he heard something he didn’t want to, he took his seat as Twilight started writing on the board.


“Today I’ll be teaching you the basics of magic, starting with origin and common uses…” Making some diagrams on the board as she started the lesson, Jack noticed she’d wrote ‘Ms. Twilight Sparkle’ in the corner with a small star next to it. He could already tell this was going to be boring. “Magic is a natural essence that surrounds living, and in some disturbing cases, dead organisms. Although the exact time of it’s discovery is uncertain, some unicorn historians believe it created by raw energy in the air being affected by strong emotions and traits, or by being assisted by certain materials. Love, hate, joy and sadness are some of the most common emotions that fuel the catalyst. The best example of this catalyst being used to full effect is the elements of harmony in Equestria, a set of six crystals that direct these traits to a single unicorn to create spells of unimaginable power. Personally, I theorize it would allow pegasi and earth ponies to instead strengthen their unique abilities...” she jotted down keywords on the board as she droned on. She’d been talking for only forty-five minutes, and Jack already felt like hitting his head against the desk to alleviate his boredom.


“...The only known creatures to use magic in its pure form is unicorns and alicorns,” she quickly circled the two titles before crossing off the other three. “Pegasi and Earth; and humans for all I know; do not have that ability.” Seeing Jack’s raised hand, she paused. “Yes Jack?”


“What about genies?” he asked as she chuckled.


“Genies are fictional Jack. It’s impossible for a single creature, not to mention fictional ones, to grant any wish on their own. Mythological creatures like that are impossible in reality. Why do you ask.” Jack opened his mouth to tell her about his dream, but it sounded absurd and crazy now that he thought about it. “No reason Ms. Sparkle.”



Waiting incase he had any more questions or remarks, she finally cleared her throat before continuing. “Alright then. Continuing on, the most use for magic in modern times is for detail work, like opening doors and lifting quills, along with supplying temporary power to special motors, like a enviromental form of battery. Sometimes magic can even be bundled into a condensed ball, and shot into the sky to make fireworks. The lower atmosphere makes the magic become unstable before…”


Jack hardly heard a word she said as he danced through a forest of dead trees, each swing of his golden ax cutting trees down left and right. Slowly the surroundings began to thin as he started to notice black roots sticking out of the ground. They were nearly as big as his arm, and the tree they came from was nowhere in sight. Getting closer, he heard a Super Mario theme song start. That’s when he saw it, the mother of all dead trees. A small ding was heard before he noticed words appear in the air. Boss battle. Ready… fight! Gripping his ax Jack jumped on a boulder for extra height, lifted the ax over his head and ju--


A sharp rap to his shin made him look down from his desktop perch to see Twilight looking up at him with displeasure. “Jack! Are you even listening?” Watching as he returned to his seat, she continued to scold him. “This is all basic magic knowledge you need to know before putting it into practice. I have half-a-mind to make you sit in the time-out corner.” She pointed to a lone stool that had been placed in the corner, making Jack wonder just how old she thought he was.


“Okay… So can I try to make the magics? I’ve learned so much already from listening to your delightful lecture. How about letting me try to use my magic.” Hoping to get around to something hands on, and perhaps escape the boredom of more lectures, Jack tried to look as truthful as he could to soften her up.



“Alright then,” she said before disappearing into the kitchen. Jack silently fist pumped behind her back in victory, quickly hiding it when she returned with an apple and the kitchen table’s leaf. He almost didn’t catch her smirk as she reactivated the leaf and placed the apple on top of the table.


“You’ll be trying to perform a level one levitation spell. For this spell you will need to channel the magic surrounding you to cover the surface of the apple and gently lift it a foot in the air...”


“Right! Lets do this!” Jack excitedly said before she continued.



“... If you don’t manage to do this you’ll have to write up a four page report, single spaced, explaining why you couldn’t lift the apple with the proper spell and do all my chores for the day.” She smiled smugly at him and he knew she’d called his bluff, but extra work was still better than continuing the lecture.



“I agree, but if it does work, we continue the lessons the way I want them done. Especially the time the lessons start. Deal?” Jack leaned back in his seat as he waited for her answer. They locked gazes, neither wanting to back down. Finally Twilight scrunched up her nose before walking over and holding out her hand.


“Deal!” Taking her hand, Jack shook it with a grin. Even if he failed, he’d at least escaped the rest of her lecture. Oddly enough, Twilight seemed just as relieved before stepping behind him, leaving the apple in clear view.” “Just concentrate on the apple Jack,” she instructed. Walking up next to him he noticed she'd crossed her fingers, unsure if she was wishing him luck or hoping he was going to do her chores.


Taking a deep breathe, Jack closed his eyes. He imagined the apple, bright red with only a small stem, and pictured the same glow Twilight’s magic had covering it. When the apple was fully covered in his mind, he used all his mental strength to imagine the apple floating above the tabletop. Seconds ticked past as he closed his eyes tighter and tighter waiting for a magical feeling to tell if it was working or not. Instead, Twilight answered his thoughts with a disappointed, “nothing’s happening.”


“What?” Jack opened his eyes to find that the apple was still sitting on the table.


“I knew this wasn’t going to work…” Twilight sighed with her head over Jack’s shoulder.


“Maybe I can’t concentrate because you’re leaning up on me.”


“Why would that make it hard to concentrate?” she asked before stepping back when Jack got out of his seat and walked over to the table.“I don’t think that’ll he-””


“Abra-kadabra! Alla-kazoo! Shazam!” Jack shouted randomly as he took different poses, a vein popping out of his forehead with each failed attempt.“Fus-Ro-Dah!” he finally shouted, making the apple topple when he brought a fist down on the oak table.


Twilight shook her head slowly as she recognized the attempts for what they were. “Jack… you’re not going to move the apple with random magic words either.” she sighed as she walked towards the stairs, wanting to give him some privacy for a while “Well… at least we can’t say we didn’t try. We’ll continue in the morrow, but for now I’m going to get my chore list. You can come help when you’re ready.” Jack didn’t seem to register the words as he stood next to the table, his eyes glued to the apple with a bitter dislike. “Sorry Jack… our only option now is to just wa-” she stopped mid sentence, a tingle running down her spine, before she quickly turned around.


Then she heard Jack growl. “Are you okay?” she asked as she felt the tingling grow stronger as she looked as him. Nothing looked different, but something in the room’s atmosphere had changed.


“No…” Jack gritted his teeth, his fists curled tightly. “You fudging fruit… you made me wake up early in the morning, you sit your stupid red butt on that table, you crushed Twilight’s hopes of getting home so she can tell everybody about the great me.” Hearing that, Twilight momentarily forgot about the tingling and rolled her eyes as he continued in a low whisper,


“...and worst of all… you made me angry.” Twilight suddenly felt the need to hide up in her room under her blankets. For some reason she didn’t dare say a single word, and even though Jack’s building rage wasn’t directed at her, she felt as if she was being stared down by one of her pegasus pony friend forever, Fluttershy.


“There’s absolutely no way I’m going to let you stand in my way!” Jack declared while pointing at the apple, glaring death and damnation at the fruit. "Consiga doblado bocas!” In response to his outburst, the fruit itself had an outburst of its own. It coated the surroundings in a glistening coat of apple juice and pulp, leaving Jack and Twilight stunned and sticky. There was a moment of silence as they tried to process what just happened. Wiping the applesauce from her face, Twilight was the first to break the silence.


"By Celestia…”


“Oh fudge!” Jack stumbled back before falling hard on his backside. “I-I blew up the sun. Oh gods what have I done. I've doomed the world to eternal darkness! Can anybody fix this!" he lamented with his hands to the heavens. Still a little stunned, Twilight walked over to Jack and wiped some of the apple off his face. Seeing he had not in fact blown up the sun, his cheeks turned a deep crimson as he idly scratched the side of his chin. "Uh... I totally meant to do that... was that a levitation spell?" Getting to his feet quickly, he tried to brush off the remaining fruit to retain what dignity he had left.


“I-I don’t know,” she answered. “It wasn’t a levitation spell, but it definitely was something... wait a minute. You did something! Do you even know what this means?” Twilight’s ears perked up as she realized the significance.


“I’m going to have to clean for hours.” Jack grumbled before he wiped some apple off the table with his index finger and stuck it in his mouth. “Mmm, macintosh,” he salivated slightly before putting another helping in his mouth.


“You just used magic!” Twilight shouted excitedly before tackling him in a wet, and very saucy, hug. “I honestly didn’t think you could, but you did!” Tensing under her grip, he tried vainly to get some space before he flicked her on the forehead. “What was that for?” Escaping when she rubbed the sore spot, he inwardly shuddered before wiping his front. Jack then snickered as he crossed his arms “Guess I can use magic miss know-it-all. I told you I don’t need no stinking lectures.”


“And I guess this means we have a lot more work to do.” Twilight smirked back, mimicking his pose. The smirk became a grimace when she felt the wet, sticky fur press against her skin. “Starting with another shower and outfit.” Pulling her arms apart, she held them awkwardly as she walked to the steps and disappeared to the second floor.


“ Hey, wait a second!” He nearly slipped on some of the apple as he stumbled to the steps. Grabbing hold of the banister to regain his balance, Jack pointed to the mess before shouting, “you still need to clean this up!”


Her head popped into view from the top of the stairs with a grin on her face before she answered. “You lost the bet Jack, that means that this is ‘your’ mess to clean. I’m going to go to the museum today.”


“I don’t even like apples!” Jack grumbled before a piece of the core fell from the ceiling and bounced off his head.