• Published 20th Nov 2012
  • 3,635 Views, 80 Comments

His New Queen - BludgeonWarrior



Chrysalis acquires a new henchpony (Beast Wars crossover)

  • ...
5
 80
 3,635

Fire and Faces

I continued to carry Inferno on my back as I tried to find the path that bandits used to navigate the Wastes when he awoke. He was surprised to find me carrying him and he jumped off and started to march ahead of me.

"I shall go ahead of you, my Queen." Inferno said as he quickly took a position ahead of me. I couldn't see how red his face was, but I could feel it. Another Changeling habit when feeding off love: we can feel whenever their emotions grew. I smiled; I decided to let Inferno have his moment, even though he had no idea where he was going.

We trekked for several hours, passing several different rock formations and caves. Eventually, we came across an abandoned caravan, most likely from cocky bandits. I presumed they had encountered the Marrowwock, and thus their demise...

I decided that we would rest here for the night, since the Marrowwock was trapped and there weren't many other creatures that lived in the Wastes because of it.

"Very well, my Queen..." Inferno started a fire while I scavenged the wagons for any scraps of food I could find. I took a seat by the fire while Inferno took his usual post as guard.

"Inferno...." I began, "Why don't you relax for tonight? The Marrowwock was really the only danger here in the Wastes, and you took care of him. Have a seat!" I patted the ground beside me.

I saw Inferno's cheeks turn red, "V-Very well then, Royalty..." He nervously walked over and sat across the fire from me. I tried not to laugh as he tried to make himself comfortable; he never seemed to be able find a proper way to sit.

After ten minutes us neither one of us saying anything, I decided to speak up...

"That was quite impressive...." I muttered. Inferno looked up at me from the fire that he had been watching since he found a position he was comfortable with, so I continued, "How you defeated the Marrowwock, very impressive..."

"Oh, yes..... Thank you, Royalty..." Inferno returned to stare into the fire. He was expressionless and unmoving as I looked at the fire being reflected on his red eyes. I turned away to grab a cloth from one of the wagons.

"Ironic...." I turned back to hear Inferno, "I've been burning and torching for my previous Queen for so long, only to be blasted away with fire myself...." He chuckled. "I finally understand things.... My Old Queen used me and the other Predacons... I should have known better...." Inferno dozed off; the first time since we met.

I went to grab that cloth and I grabbed another and placed it over Inferno. I covered myself and lied down and stared at the fire, listening to the embers crackle as I drifted to sleep...


I woke up to some sort of noise; Inferno was still sleeping though, so I decided to take a look around. I walked around the wagons, and I heard the noise again. It sounded like somepony snooping around in the supplies.... loudly....

"Tarnation! What's a bot gotta do ta' find some grub 'round here!"

I decided to wake Inferno and I told him about the intruder. "My Queen, go around and confront him, I'll go around and flank him." I nodded and proceeded to go around and get the intruder's attention.

"It's bad enough I gots nothin' to eat, but I-"

"Hooves up!" I jumped behind him and he jumped as well, falling into the wagon he was looking through. "Get out of there and show yourself!" I commanded.

"Heh..., LIKE SLAG I WILL!" The intruder burst from the wagon and landed in front of me, and I managed to finally get a look at him, though I couldn't really believe what I saw....

He was a Changeling, similar to Inferno, but also quite different. Unlike Inferno, he who's quite larger than other Changelings, this one was around the same size as a normal one. He was yellowish-orange with some turquoise on his carapace and on his head, which was also much different from Inferno. It was the same yellow-orange as his body, apart from the turquoise mask-like face which had two mandible-like spikes with a mouth.....thing in between. He had red eyes like Inferno, but I was too distracted by the other pair of eyes on his tail! It swayed back and forth as if it was a snake, and then I realized that his tail was a snake!

I began to remember something that Inferno told me, but was interrupted by a shot of some green liquid from his snake tail, I managed to dodge.

"Slag! Stand and fight ya little-D'ow!"

Inferno leaped onto to him before he got another shot out and pinned him to the ground. "Keep away from the Royalty you......" He paused as he look at the face of this Changeling. "Quickstrike?"

"GET OFF OF ME YOU SLAGGIN'- What? INFERNO?!?!"

"How did you...?"

"First, get your kiester offa me 'fore I kick it off!"

Inferno did so and helped Quickstrike up as well, "Thanks, pardner..."

"Quickstrike, how did you get here?" Inferno asked.

"SLAG IF I KNOW!! Last thing I know, that lousy tin horn blasted the both of us to kindom come! The next thing I know, I'm...... WHATEVER THE SLAG I AM NOW!! I can't even slaggin' transform...."

"So this is Quickstrike?" I walked into their conversation.

"Well, Inferno...." Quickstrike chuckled, "I didn't know ya'll got yourself a fem-bot..." He started to walk over towards me, "Not bad lookin' for a.... whatever she is...." He then started to nudge my leg. "Sorry 'bout before Sugar-Bot, and ta make it up, how 'bout we all ditch the fire ant and go have some time to ourselves eh, Sugar-Bot...?" His snake tail winked at me, which caused my body to shiver.

"HOW DARE YOU ASK SUCH VULGARITY FROM THE ROYALTY!!" Inferno yelled at him.

"Wait...." Quickstrike stopped, "Sugar-Bot here is your...... Yeahahahahahaaaa!!" He fell to the ground and rolled around laughing, "She's your replacement for Boss-Bot?!?! Whoo-Boy! Ha!"

I stood there confused, "And just what is so funny?" I asked.

Quickstrike tried to stop laughing, "This fire ant's got no sense at all! Kept calling that tin horn leader of ours 'queen' and 'royalty'! Yahahahaaa!" Quickstrike's stomach then began to rumble. "Eh..., ya'll mind if I crash with ya'll and maybe git somethin' to eat?"

I had no intention of doing so, but Inferno convinced me otherwise, especially if I was to rebuild my hive... "Ugh..., fine, you can travel with us..." I groaned.

"Thanks, Sugar-Bot! I really-"

"ENOUGH WITH THIS 'SUGAR-BOT' THING ALREADY!!" I yelled into his face, "If you're going to follow us, you will address me as 'my queen', QUEEN CHRYSALIS. GOT IT?"

"Eeyup..."

Author's Note:

There! I got an update out! Happy?!?! Just kidding! This was really fun to do, and I still can't believe how well-received it's been! For info on this story, check out my blog.