• Published 18th Nov 2012
  • 1,244 Views, 66 Comments

Snips in Time - FacadeArt



Snips gets flung back to the time of his childhood by a crazy time machine. Hilarity ensues

  • ...
2
 66
 1,244

Time paradoxes and pink party ponies

Snips in Time


Monday morning
Celestia's and Luna's reign
Year 0

Snips had the weirdest feeling of Deja Vu, it was that feeling you get when you revisit the places of your childhood, only this was him literally visiting his childhood.

He wasn't worried, he had a plan and a direction, sure he could end up erasing himself from time, or erasing everything from time, or erasing time itself, but hey! At least It was summer right? Canterlot winters were just awful! Yet he had no idea that the same path he walked to school everyday as a colt would fill him with such dread one day.

So far going through his childhood memories he couldn't remember meeting his older self from the future. That meant he wouldn't get caught right? Maybe this whole thing would be a breeze and he would just trot in town like he owned the place, gather the items and remain unnoticed.

But something in his memories told him otherwise.

That nopony could walk into this town and remain unnoticed.

He just couldn't put his hoof to it, so he made his way towards the town in fear that at anytime somepony would jump him and demand to know who he is. Was it The Royal Guard or some kind of a city watch? He could not remember.

Then, as he approached the bridge that lead to town, he saw a familiar looking gingerbread house:

Sugarcube corner.

You cannot imagine the amount of fear Snips was filled at that realization, he scrambled off the bridge in panic and jumped into the nearest bush hoping that it wasn't too late. Yet the voice he heard while he was hiding there was like the cold embrace of hopelessness wrapping around his heart.

"Hi!" said the high pitched voice.

Of course it was Pinkie Pie, who had this habit of welcoming new ponies into town. Pinkie was relentless when it came to knowing new ponies, she knew everypony in town (including colt Snips) and Snips feared that, being such a pony expert, she would connect the dots immediately.

Snips liked Pinkie Pie as a kid, she was crazy and always did something hilarious and unexpected. She was, no doubt, still funny to be around with, but this only meant that it would be easy for Snips to get careless in her company and he knew that Pinkie wouldn't leave his company until she got to know him. To her, future Snips was a new pony yet to future Snips she was the bringer of doom.

Snips had to do the impossible.

He had to get rid of Pinkie Pie!

"Hi Pin..."Snips began. "Oh wait, I'm not supposed to know her name yet." Snips thought. "Uh..I mean hi you, who I've never met before." said the mysterious bush.

Pinkie Pie was having a great day, first she had woken up and had some cup cakes, then she went for a walk outside since the weather was so nice and now she had met this mysterious bush! Not to mention potential new friend! In her book everything was going perfectly, little did she know that the pony in the bush could end up destroying space and time itself.

"Pin? I'm Pinkie Pie not a pin silly! I've never seen you before so that must mean you're new! Whats your name Mr.Bush pony?"

Snips was really afraid! This meeting he was having with Pinkie Pie was never meant to happen. What if she was supposed to be saving somepony important right now? Or doing something that would affect the future? What if the greatest cup cake recipe of all time was erased from time because Pinkie was too busy talking with Snips instead of sitting at home coming up with the recipe like she was supposed to be?

Snips came up with a plan: he knew that Pinkie Pie wanted to welcome new ponies, so if he somehow convinced Pinkie Pie that he wasn't a new pony she would leave him alone right?

"Well, I think you know who I am Pinkie, I mean we...uh...just met yesterday! You haven't forgotten your new pal Mr.Shrubbery have you?"

Pinkie Pie was confused. How could she have forgotten a pony she had met before! Especially a pony that was hiding in a bush! Then she remembered helping Vinyl Scratch with a party yesterday and that party had lasted through the whole day! (and night too) She couldn't have met Mr.Shrubbery yet! The new pony was obviously playing tricks on her so Pinkie decided to play some ticks on the new pony as well.

"Oh yeah? Well Mr.Shrubbery, if we've met already, why don't you tell me who I am or what I do? If you're such a super fantastic friend surely you'd know!" she said.

At this point Snips was overwhelmed by the good memories of his childhood with Pinkie Pie's crazy antics, frankly he had missed the pink party pony and had hoped to meet her again one day so, without thinking, he answered the question rightfully.

"How could I forget who you are! You're Pinkie Pie, a baker in Sugarcube corner and the best baker in Ponyville! You're always hanging out with five of your friends and you're the funniest pony who ever lived." said the mysterious bush.

Pinkie was taken back by this. Mr.Shrubbery was right! He knew all these things about her, but how? Even his voice sounded distantly familiar. There was only one explanation: He had met her before, but when and where she could not remember at all! Had she forgotten meeting other ponies as well? Would she forget all of her friends!? Needless to say It was a terrible feeling and Pinkie couldn't help but feel sad and afraid.

"...Oh...I'm sorry Mr.Shrubbery but I cant remember you at all!" she said.

Snips could see through the branches how sad Pinkie Pie had suddenly become and It broke his heart to see his old childhood friend in such a state, especially when he was the one who caused it.

"Well...see you around..." Pinkie said and turned to leave.

Pinkie was looking miserable, she had downcast eyes and her mane had deflated. Snips was worried once again. Would letting her walk off all sad and lonely cause even more damage to the future then him stepping out and revealing himself to be a new pony? In the end it came to one Decision: past or not, Pinkie Pie was his friend and no way he'd let her walk off sad like that!

"Surprise!" he said and stepped out of the bush grinning smugly like he had just pulled the greatest prank of all time.

He expected Pinkie to immediately go "Hey! you're future Snips!" yet she never did. All she did was stare in confusion like she had met this pony before only she could not remember where. This made her senseless fear of forgetting all of her friends even worse!

"Hi Mr.Shrubbery, I'm sorry I cant remember you at all! Its like I've met you but I...just cant remember!" She cried in frustration.

"Nah, That was just a prank, I've never seen you in my life." Lied Snips.

Pinkie was even more confused and thought "So this is what Twilight feels like when we hang out."

"Sure, then how did you know all those things about me?" she asked still depressed.

Oh great, less then ten minutes in town and Snips was already beginning to seem like a stalking creep but then an idea struck him! There was one pony in town who could probably help him out in this situation.

"Well...you're a famous pony and stuff, so I've heard a lot about you from...Time Turner! You know him right?!" he said and hoped that Pinkie wouldn't fetch the time pony to confirm his claim.

Luckily for him, Pinkie chose to believe future Snips since, after all, being depressed wasn't much fun and getting answers from this pony would only leave her extremely confused. "It was a prank!" She thought, and besides, now she had a welcome party to plan!

"Okey dokey lokey!" She said as happy as before. "Lets try this again! Hi I'm Pinkie Pie, whats your name?"

This was Snips' chance! He had always wanted to have a cool name like "Spitfire" or "Soarin'"!

"Me? My name is Time Voyager!" he said triumphantly being very proud of his new, not so conspicuous, name.

"Nice to meet you Timey!" said Pinkie. "Welcome to Ponyville! Wanna be my friend? Huh? Huh?" She asked while breaking Snips' personal space with every "Huh?".

"Sure Pinkie, I'll be your friend." Said Snips annoyed that his fantastic name had been ruined "Timey? Really?" he thought.

Pinkie was naturally happier than ever and wrapped his hooves around "Timey". Snips didn't mind at all. Actually it was quite nice. He didn't remember Pinkie being so cute when he was a colt! Then he realized what he was thinking and blushed.

"Yay! This is so great! We're gonna have a party and everything, and I'll invite everypony and it'll be so much fun!" She said excited. Then she realized she was hugging a pony who she had just met moments ago and let go of Timey blushing "Heh, sorry, it just feels like I've known you for a long time, Weird huh?"

Snips however wasn't excited, he had just realized that a party where everypony would get to know him was probably the worst thing that could happen to him in this town. "NO!...I mean no, we wouldn't want that party just yet right? Uhh how about we have that party next month? Or maybe year? Or how about never?" He said while sweating bullets.

"Don't be shy Timey! I'm sure all the ponies will just love you!"

"Oh they'll love me all right!" thought Snips "So much so that they'll figure out who I am and the entire space time continuum will collapse! It'll be one heck of a party!"

"Pinkie. Wasn't there something you were supposed to do today? Something that you were going to do before we met?" Snips asked attempting to find out if the future had already been altered beyond repair.

"Nope! I don't make any plans! Life is more fun when you don't know whats going to happen right? Its like there's a surprise behind every corner! Like you Timey, I didn't expect to meet you at all!" said Pinkie while grinning wildly.

"Believe me, you were never meant to." thought Snips.

Snips was in trouble, he wasn't any closer in getting rid of Pinkie and, for some odd reason he couldn't explain, he didn't even want to get rid of her anymore! Just standing next to her and looking at that happy smile made his worried heart feel light again and all his problems just seemed to melt away. It was like he wasn't in the past anymore, where one mistake by him could destroy all of existence, but instead he had just met his old childhood friend who he had missed very dearly after such a long time.

And why was she so cute? She wasn't this cute back then!

"So Timey? Can we have your welcome party now, or right now!?" Pinkie said.

Snips blushed again when Pinkie came closer with every word and looked him right in the eyes. That pony had absolutely no regard for personal space it seemed. Snips was almost lost in those bright blue eyes but then he shook his head "This is ridiculous!" thought Snips "Its just Pinkie Pie! Why am I blushing like an idiot?"

As you can see the situation for Snips was quite hopeless, Pinkie would not give up on the welcome party, no matter how much he pleaded so he decided to do the next best thing and buy some time.

"You know what? A party sounds fantastic! How about you go prepare for it and I'll meet some other ponies?" he said.

"Yes siree bob Timey! This is going to be the best party for you! There'll be everything you like and..but how do I know what you'll like? Oh! I know! Wanna come help me prepare?" Pinkie asked and smiled in that cute way that made Snips' heart flutter.

It took all of his will power, but he managed to answer: "...No...but I'll see you later Pinkie..." tough he sounded quite sad.

"Aww don't be sad Timey! Go meet some other ponies! I'll get that party ready before you can say loco in a coco!" Pinkie answered. Then she turned around and zipped towards Sugarcube corner.

Snips stood there looking at the trail of dust she left behind and sighed. Then he slapped his head with a hoof "No! Focus Snips! What are you an idiot?" he said to himself. "Where was I again...right, the book, gotta get to the library and get that book from that uncool nerdy mare."




Snips arrived at the library which he remembered was the giant tree in the middle of the town. Inside he could hear a familiar voice that he instantly recognized. It was Twilight Sparkle! The same Twilight Sparkle who was that stuck up arch mage of Canterlot university, always giving Snips' brilliant exam answers the lowest scores! There she was inside that library and Snips had no choice but to walk in. He knocked on the door reluctantly and waited.

And then the door flung open.

Snips couldn't believe it! This must have been the wrong place or a different pony all together! Before him stood an purple goddess! A perfectly smooth lavender coat and a divine amazing flowing mane! She must have been the daughter of the ancient alicorn of love herself! He shielded his eyes from this beauty for he feared that if he stared too long he would die from sheer awe!

"You're...Twilight Sparkle...?" he gasped.

"Yes?" said the lavender goddess.

"But...you're so ho...you're so ho...you're so...thin!"


To be continued in:

From the space time continuum with love